Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] AZ: BCN - LAX £456 in J....

Old Jan 14, 2019, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: kevinflyaway
Code:
Please post you departure dates and routes below:

March
 MARCH 07 BCN - FCO - LAX Madeiraportugal
 MARCH 11 PacificTwo
 MARCH 11 BCN-FCO-JFK UAPremierGuy
 MARCH 14 LAX - CDG - FCO - BCN Madeiraportugal
 MARCH 19 BCN-FCO-CDG GlennHaak
 MARCH 19 MAD-FCO-JFK beyounged
 MARCH 20 CDG-LAX GlennHaak
 MARCH 25 BCN-FCO-JFK JonEJacobs
 MARCH 25 JFK-FCO-MAD beyounged
 MARCH 28 LAX-FCO-BCN GlennHaak

April
 APRIL 01 BCN-FCO-LAX - idiosyncrasy
 APRIL 04 BCN - FCO - CDG (+1) - LAX Mister Miles
 APRIL 05 JFK-FCO-BCN JonEJacobs
 APRIL 08 BCN - FCO - LAX - honzeek_cz
 APRIL 08 FCO-CDG JNLentertainment
 APRIL 09 CDG-LAX - JNLentertainment
 APRIL 09 LAX - JFK - FCO - BCN Mister Miles
 APRIL 23 LAX-CDG honzeek_cz
 APRIL 24 CDG-FCO-BCN honzeek_cz
 APRIL 25 MAD-LIN honzeek_cz
 APRIL 25 LAX-CDG-FCO-BCN idiosyncrasy
 APRIL 26 LIN-CDG-LAX honzeek_cz
 APRIL 29 LAX-FCO honzeek_cz
 APRIL 30 FCO-MAD honzeek_cz
 APRIL 30 MAD-FCO Maayan

May
 MAY 01 FCO-LAX Maayan
 MAY 01 BCN-FCO-JFK ramalair
 MAY 02 BCN-FCO-JFK e30st
 MAY 02 BCN-FCO / MAY 03 FCO-LAX Travel-Quinten
 MAY 02 BCN-FCO-LAX Wildwater
 MAY 02 BCN-FCO / MAY 03 FCO-LAX bmibaby737
 MAY 06 JFK-FCO-BCN (+1) e30st
 MAY 06 LAX-FCO-BCN (+1) Travel-Quinten
 MAY 06 LAX-FCO-BCN Wildwater
 MAY 06 LAX-JFK-FCO / MAY 07 FCO-BCN bmibaby737
 MAY 08 LAX-FCO-MAD Maayan
 MAY 09 JFK-FCO-BCN ramalair
 MAY 09 LAX- FCO JNLentertainment
 MAY 09 FCO-BCN JNLentertainment

September

October

November
 Nov 7 BCN - FCO - JFK ExpatSomchai
 Nov 11 JFK - FCO - BCN (+1) ExpatSomchai
Print Wikipost

[PREM FARE GONE] AZ: BCN - LAX £456 in J....

Old Jan 5, 2019, 1:19 pm

I have been ticketed (booked direct via alitalia.com) however the charge is still not showing in my pending transactions on my AMEX account.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by CDKing
Avoid using AMEX travel with these deals. The NZ deal same deal with AMEX, message came back as we cant ticket as fare is not being honored. Those of us who used online travel agencies have active tickets.
And I booked it through the Amex website for protection if anything went wrong! I understand now I should have gone through another online travel agency using my amex card. Another agency would ticket immediately. Thanks CDKing that's really helpful.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 1:44 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Turkish Gold, Hilton Honours Diamond,Club Carlson Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Lizie
And I booked it through the Amex website for protection if anything went wrong! I understand now I should have gone through another online travel agency using my amex card. Another agency would ticket immediately. Thanks CDKing that's really helpful.
I booked with Amex travel for the same reason and Amex did issue the ticket. I think it is a hit or miss because Amex travel takes an hour or so before the "actual ticket is purchased". I suspect you got caught in that unfortunate timing whereby before Amex could fulfil the purchase, AZ pulled this fare and accordingly Amex was unable to complete the sale.

I thought about this risk as well but still decided to go with Amex travel for two reasons 1) History with AZ and how long AZ took to refund in the past 2) Being an Amex Platinum member, Amex (should at least in theory) treat this situation better in issuing refund should things go belly up as my contract of purchase is with Amex and not with AZ or any other third party OTA.

With these fares, you win some and you lose some. I'm keeping fingers crossed with this fare but AZ has a terrible history with such deals and the odds of this fare being honoured is rather slim as it did not involve AZ alone but also flights on Delta and AF which were marketed by AZ. In that case, the financial implication could be a bit more brutal than if it involved AZ alone I would suspect.

Best way with these fares is to book them and fly asap before the airline could cancel because you have commenced your journey then the airline has to let you complete the journey and cannot unilaterally downgrade you or cancel the ticket.
Lizie likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by v2837v
Best way with these fares is to book them and fly asap before the airline could cancel because you have commenced your journey then the airline has to let you complete the journey and cannot unilaterally downgrade you or cancel the ticket.
I clearly remember LX only allowed people to fly Y when they presented themselves at ZRH for the final leg to YUL of the RGN3 deal some six years ago. It was a take it or don't fly offer. So evidently they think they can - and do - unilaterally downgrade mid-journey.

Sheesh, has it really been six years already?!
Old Jan 5, 2019, 2:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Turkish Gold, Hilton Honours Diamond,Club Carlson Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Maayan
I clearly remember LX only allowed people to fly Y when they presented themselves at ZRH for the final leg to YUL of the RGN3 deal some six years ago. It was a take it or don't fly offer. So evidently they think they can - and do - unilaterally downgrade mid-journey.

Sheesh, has it really been six years already?!
Perhaps I should have phrased it better as they cannot unilaterally cancel once you have commenced the journey and the odds of suddenly changing a ticket booked on J and where you have already completed few segments to a Y ticket would not be that easy. I don't think CAA would take this too lightly. It is a different case if the journey has not commenced that you have received the refund but is a different situation altogether if you are midway in your trip.
Maayan likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 3:55 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Booked BCN FCO-LAX/JFK-CDG-BCN just had cancellation email from Expedia as airline has made a fare class error. Should be basic economy fare. Options of reprising in Business, refund or travel as booked in Y.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by KeaneJohn
Booked BCN FCO-LAX/JFK-CDG-BCN just had cancellation email from Expedia as airline has made a fare class error. Should be basic economy fare. Options of reprising in Business, refund or travel as booked in Y.
That is quicker than what we expected. Was your ticket issued and you were able to change details on AZ website previously as regards to the cabin details etc? I thought AZ would take a few days before deciding whether to cancel or honour the ticket
Old Jan 5, 2019, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KeaneJohn
I have Expedia BCN-FCO-LAX-FCO-LAX and no email so far. Mine is all Alitalia. Maybe it's that you have other carriers in there?
Old Jan 5, 2019, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by bananahead
I have been ticketed (booked direct via alitalia.com) however the charge is still not showing in my pending transactions on my AMEX account.
AMEX often does not show pending charges in other currencies. This fare was ex-Spain and likely issued by Alitalia in Spain in Euros. Not seeing a pending charge would be expected.
bananahead likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 12:25 am

I booked directly through Alitalia and the booking and seat assignments are still intact as of now....just a data point.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 4:50 am

Programs: AA PLT; TK Gold, Marriot PLT, IHG PLT
Also got it from Alitalia US website, got confirmation and tkt# immediately, charged USD (not EUR as I thought because the flight will departure from Spain), then I tried to choose seat on Alitalia website, yes it's biz seats, now waiting for AZ's updates, considering AZ's black history it's very difficult to confirm it, well , let's wait~

Last edited by chispanol; Jan 6, 2019 at 4:52 am Reason: additional info added
Old Jan 6, 2019, 8:03 am

Programs: BAEC Blue, Flying Blue Silver, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by standbyalldtime
I booked directly through Alitalia and the booking and seat assignments are still intact as of now....just a data point.
same here.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We’re now past the period where any of us can cancel. Ball is in Alitalia’s court.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by josephstern
We’re now past the period where any of us can cancel. Ball is in Alitalia’s court.
For Friday's booking US Expedia cancellation policy goes until Monday night, I believe, they don't count the weekend. Or at least they used to.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 8:20 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat, AA Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by nk15
For Friday's booking US Expedia cancellation policy goes until Monday night, I believe, they don't count the weekend. Or at least they used to.
Correct.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.