Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

UA/Star Alliance: 2019 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2018, 11:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kmxu
For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required Spend or Maximum Budget (choose one, and state the value):
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay:

Route(s) You've Already Searched:
Do you have a Chinese Visa (Yes/No)?
For each response. Please quote the original request. DO NOT START A NEW THREAD.
There are many good fares to China (PEK or PVG). If you have a Chinese visa, these options will be provided. Otherwise, you may have to take advantage of TWOV (visa on arrival). Its information can be found: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/china/708095-china-24-72-144-hour-transit-without-visa-twov-rules-master-thread.html

If your requested PQM is in a few thousand, please give a more accurate amount. You will get fewer options with a roundup number (eg, 5000 instead of 4830; IAD-SFO nonstop will work for the latter.)
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2019, 2:54 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by cleverploy
UPDATE: Target mileage is now pretty much exactly 15k PQM (i.e. 7500 miles in first class but also open to 15k air miles in economy if international). Thanks in advance for any help, and please let me know if I am posting something incorrectly.
Hope you made it, just reading this thread tonight else I'd have tried to help.

Would you mind sharing the details of your 1K status match offer - rqd PQM, metal requirements, etc? I'm DL Diamond and plant to request one around the time I fly to NZ with my wife, I got in on the $1500 J fares back in Jan and figure if I'm going that far I may as well get status out of it.

Thanks.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 4:45 am

Programs: LH Senator ★
I need to grab some status miles for Miles&More, so looking for premium classes.
I have a free weekend during my USA trip, so:

Departure Airport: SJC or SFO
Miles Needed: 30k (but premium counts mostly double)
Required Spend or Maximum Budget (choose one, and state the value): max budget $2000
Available Travel Dates: March 15-18
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: Probably OK
Do you have a Chinese Visa: NO
Old Mar 8, 2019, 2:36 pm

Programs: UA
50k PQM Needed on UA

Looking for the cheapest Business class (or if I have to economy) trip to earn 50k PQM during the summer this year. I am already 1k for a few years and this year will be a little slower for me travel wise.
Willing to go anywhere with stops etc. What is the best way to search getting the best bang in PQMs for my buck?
Old Mar 8, 2019, 5:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA Gold, SPG Plat, HH Gold
I'd look for PE fares that give you 150% PQM. Your goal of 50k PQM them becomes 33,333 flown miles or ~4 round-trips to Europe.
ContinentalFan likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 6:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K 3MM Lifetime, AA PlatPro,Marriott Titanium Elite Lifetime, Hyatt Globalist
You should ask in this forum - note the required format of the request in the Wiki before you post:

Old Mar 9, 2019, 4:31 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus Gold
Departure Airport: EWR
Miles Needed: MAximum
Required Spend or Maximum Budget (choose one, and state the value): 100USD + 200USD UA Electronic Travel Certificate
Available Travel Dates: April-May 2019
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: UA only

Route(s) You've Already Searched: EWR-SFO, EWR-MEX
Do you have a Chinese Visa (Yes/No)? YES

I have been very impressed by the level of expertise this forum provides. I have two separate travel certificates on UA. I must purchase tickets until the end of April, and just hate the idea to have them expired. SO, I'd love to make use of them towards my next qualification and fly somewhere out of EWR - any day, weekdays preferred, same-day return or with a quick overnight stay. So far I've found SFO and MEX as possible destinations. Would you have any other routes out of EWR? My idea is to spend the least physical dollars possible and get the most MQM for UA

Thanks in advance!
Old Mar 14, 2019, 8:04 am

Programs: United
Mileage Run Add On to Trip

Hello,

Travelling for work and wanted to add on extra PQM to the trip since work is paying. Looking for best multi trip option

Departure Airport: YYZ - EWR
Miles Needed: Maximum
Required Spend or Maximum Budget (choose one, and state the value): $200
Available Travel Dates: On March 21 after 12PM
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: UA or Star Alliance
Do you have a Chinese Visa (Yes/No)?

I have a one way ticket from YYZ - EWR. 3.21.19 anytime after 12pm and finish at EWR where I live. Any ideas?
Old Mar 14, 2019, 8:10 am

Additional Miles on Work Trip

Flying round trip to Charlotte NC for one day for work on 3.27.19. Looking to add on additional PQM since work is paying:

Departure Airport: Round Trip EWR - CLT on 3.27.19. Must arrive in CLT by 1PM. Must leave CLT no earlier than 5PM.
Miles Needed: Maximum
Required Spend or Maximum Budget (choose one, and state the value): $300-$400
Available Travel Dates: 3.27.19
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: UA only
Route(s) You've Already Searched: EWR-CLT
Do you have a Chinese Visa (Yes/No)? No
Old Mar 25, 2019, 12:28 pm

UA premier silver status

Departure Airport: IAH/HOU/LAX
Miles Needed: 20k
Required Spend or Maximum Budget (choose one, and state the value): $1,500
Available Travel Dates: may 2019 - October 2019

Travel a lot but always miss the threshold every year. Starting over again. Want to gain silver status for 2019. Might be able to get gold if I plan well.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
I'm looking to do a mileage run to achieve *G with OZ. It doesn't have to be done this year. My membership year started in October 2018.

Departure Airport: YVR
Miles Needed: Maximum: 40,000 but have ~3,000 with OZ right now
Required Spend or Maximum Budget (choose one, and state the value): Flexible, but say $1000 per trip? I have several days per week to do this. Willing to fly J starting in Q3/Q4 of this year for vacation
Available Travel Dates: Now or Q3/Q4 for vacation
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: Any *A carrier
Route(s) You've Already Searched: YVR-Asia
Do you have a Chinese Visa (Yes/No)? Yes

Right now I see AC YVR-PVG for C$635. IIRC, it's L-fare and that gets 50% with OZ. Good deal?
Old Mar 25, 2019, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Aglass2

Departure Airport: IAH/HOU/LAX
Miles Needed: 20k
Required Spend or Maximum Budget (choose one, and state the value): $1,500
Available Travel Dates: may 2019 - October 2019

Travel a lot but always miss the threshold every year. Starting over again. Want to gain silver status for 2019. Might be able to get gold if I plan well.
Welcome to Flyertalk!

Just wondering and making sure - UA will require $3,000 of PQD expenditures to just make Silver - which, adding fees and taxes likely is more than $3,500 of total cost. If your currently booked flights and/or completed 2019 flights already have expended $1.5K PQDs for 5K PQMs, is there any way to let us know what you've already booked at $1.5K PQD/5K PQMs = $0.3/PQM?

David
Old Mar 26, 2019, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by DELee
Welcome to Flyertalk!

Just wondering and making sure - UA will require $3,000 of PQD expenditures to just make Silver - which, adding fees and taxes likely is more than $3,500 of total cost. If your currently booked flights and/or completed 2019 flights already have expended $1.5K PQDs for 5K PQMs, is there any way to let us know what you've already booked at $1.5K PQD/5K PQMs = $0.3/PQM?

David
I haven't already booked it.
I may be taking some trips to from iah to sjo for work a couple of times this year. Ideally, I need another 2k in pqd
Old Mar 28, 2019, 3:55 pm

Hey All! I'm just getting started, and looking for some initial options.
Timing is flexible, but out/back weekends are best.

I've tried ITA with little luck, but maybe I'm missing something. Open to all advice

I fly domestically for work quite a bit, so just looking to work on status quickly.

United Airlines
Departure Airport: IAD/DCA/BWI
Miles Needed: Just starting
Required Spend or Maximum Budget (choose one, and state the value): Open-ended, if the math is right
Available Travel Dates: Open throughout year, but prefer weekend out/back mostly

Old Apr 2, 2019, 7:49 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Marriott, SPG
Hello all!

Let's see how effective this thread is. here's your challenge if you chose to accept it:

Departure Airport: PEK, TSN
Miles Needed: preferably >20K
Required Spend or Maximum Budget (choose one, and state the value): Max ~$1000US (~8000CNY)
Available Travel Dates: 01/05-04/05
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: Codeshare okay, if possible AC

Route(s) You've Already Searched: UA PEK-SFO-EWR rtn for 7220CNY (about 25K miles I think)
Do you have a Chinese Visa (Yes/No)? Yes

I am *G with AC and would like to re-qualify this year and get my wife status as well. I am a Canadian living in China (so AQD is halved at $3000), my wife is Chinese with US multiple visa, Canada PR, and Schengen Visa to 06/05. To date we have about 20K miles each and plan on a couple of trips back to Canada before the end of the year so we can probably meet the $3000 threshold on AC
Old Apr 2, 2019, 8:02 am

does anyone reply to these requests anymore? I have seen little activity but figure I would try

Departure Airport: ewr, lga
Miles Needed: As Many As Possible
Required Spend or Maximum Budget (choose one, and state the value): $350-$500
Available Travel Dates: 04/26-04/28
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: Okay

Route(s) You've Already Searched: UA EWR - LAX

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.