Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

UA/Star Alliance: 2019 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2018, 11:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kmxu
For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required Spend or Maximum Budget (choose one, and state the value):
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay:

Route(s) You've Already Searched:
Do you have a Chinese Visa (Yes/No)?
For each response. Please quote the original request. DO NOT START A NEW THREAD.
There are many good fares to China (PEK or PVG). If you have a Chinese visa, these options will be provided. Otherwise, you may have to take advantage of TWOV (visa on arrival). Its information can be found: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/china/708095-china-24-72-144-hour-transit-without-visa-twov-rules-master-thread.html

If your requested PQM is in a few thousand, please give a more accurate amount. You will get fewer options with a roundup number (eg, 5000 instead of 4830; IAD-SFO nonstop will work for the latter.)
Print Wikipost

UA/Star Alliance: 2019 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2019, 6:27 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Check the OJ China thread

UA, USA to China OJ from $303 ai
I am in China and have no access to google flight (google is blocked in China). So, I cannot help you, either. Good luck.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 9:40 pm

Departure Airport: SEA
Miles Needed: N/A
Required Spend or Maximum Budget (choose one, and state the value): Max Budget: $500, lower the better.
Available Travel Dates: Saturday/Sundays in the next 4 months
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: Both okay
Route(s) You've Already Searched: SEA-> YYZ, DEN, SFO, LAX, IAH. Then a bunch of California airports (PSP, SNA, FAT, ACV, SAN, SJC etc)

Corporate challenge for 15 PQS. I have 6 down, just looking for 9 more. Complete newbie at this so I'm just wondering if there's any easier way than going to google flights and searching every possible city. In addition, many of the flights are basic economy and still running $220+ on saturday and sundays... Am I missing something?

Thanks for any help.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 9:18 am

Programs: UA 1K 0.7MM (trying to get to 1MM!)
Originally Posted by tinef
Departure Airport: SEA
Miles Needed: N/A
Required Spend or Maximum Budget (choose one, and state the value): Max Budget: $500, lower the better.
Available Travel Dates: Saturday/Sundays in the next 4 months
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: Both okay
Route(s) You've Already Searched: SEA-> YYZ, DEN, SFO, LAX, IAH. Then a bunch of California airports (PSP, SNA, FAT, ACV, SAN, SJC etc)

Corporate challenge for 15 PQS. I have 6 down, just looking for 9 more. Complete newbie at this so I'm just wondering if there's any easier way than going to google flights and searching every possible city. In addition, many of the flights are basic economy and still running $220+ on saturday and sundays... Am I missing something?

Thanks for any help.
Is something like this any help? https://www.google.com/flights/#flt=...=1549383404784
Old Feb 5, 2019, 3:05 pm

Programs: MileagePlus
Departure Airport: IAH
Miles Needed: N/A - trying to reach gold status
Maximum Budget: <$500 mileage run
Available Travel Dates: Very flexible on travel days
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: Codeshare okay as long as miles are 100% transferable to MileagePlus
Route(s) You've Already Searched: Looked up many that go through Guam - China/Philippines
Do you have a Chinese Visa (Yes/No)? No, but can apply for one.

Apologies in advance for any obvious errors - completely new to the forum and appreciate any help. Due to the inability to travel much last year, I lost my United status. Just trying to get it back at least at the gold level. Looking for any mileage runs that can help me get my status back. Thank you so much in advance.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 1:36 am

Programs: UA Gold, AA Gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Mileage Run help needed Europe

Hi, would like some help on a *A mileage run. I would prefer a business class run within Europe, but am flexible.

Departure airport: TXL
Miles needed: 8,000
Budget: 420€
Dates: Any 1-2 day trip in February or March
Codeshares: Any *A
Chinese visa: No

Thanks!
Old Feb 8, 2019, 11:23 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus
Departure Airport: DEN
Miles Needed: 22,000
Required Spend or Maximum Budget (choose one, and state the value): $2000 Max
Available Travel Dates: June-July, December
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: Any *Alliance

Route(s) You've Already Searched:
Do you have a Chinese Visa (Yes/No)? No
Old Feb 12, 2019, 9:55 am

BWI-JNB $819.43 RT for about 23,000 MQM. BWI is just an Amtrak ride away for $49 adv. purchase.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 4:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond
Departure Airport: SFO
Miles Needed: 2,695
Maximum Budget: <$400, ideally <$300 (full Eco fare)
Available Travel Dates: April 1st-4th 2019
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: UA (need 2 segments)
Route(s) You've Already Searched: SFO-MIA

I need exactly 2 UA segments and 2,695 miles to clear UA Gold.
Will be in SFO at the beginning of April and would like to fly somewhere nice (sun & beach) for a short vacation.
Does anybody happen to have recommendations? Definitely does not has to be U.S., could also be South America or so.

Last edited by flockavelliFT; Feb 12, 2019 at 4:30 pm
Old Feb 12, 2019, 6:09 pm

Programs: UA MP and Chase EXP Card Holder
Cool Newbie here

Hi everyone, been reading these forums for the last 2 weeks and researching/learning as much as I can on my own. I fly a decent amount but never stuck to one airline/alliance until last year. Now I'm trying to bump up my status with UA/Star Alliance, so here's my request form (hopefully I got it right)

Departure Airport: CLE/PIT/CAK
Miles Needed: ~25000 for Gold but I wouldn't mind being able to get to Platinum in the same budget
Required Spend or Maximum Budget (choose one, and state the value): Max budget (for now) is $2500
Available Travel Dates: Mid may to mid July, mid August to the end of the year
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: As long as it earns PQM, I don't mind codeshares

Route(s) You've Already Searched: CLE-LAX, PIT-LAX-IAH-PIT, PIT-YYC, CLE-YYC

I am going to reach Silver in July (I'll have 25,000 PQM by then), I am going to Sweden (PIT-GOT), but I'd like to reach it beforehand and possibly have Gold status when I make that flight (for SA lounge access mostly, but the other perks are good too), which is why I'm here making this request.

I will be going to IAH (from either CLE or PIT) in the next 2 weeks for business, but that doesn't do much in terms of PQM

Also, my MP home address is outside the US, so I don't need to fulfill a PQD requirement, just a PQM or PQS (I feel PQM is easier to get status with but I'm the newbie here so you guys tell me!)

I wouldn't mind flying from a major hub like EWR, IAH, LAX or SFO but the positioning flight (from one of the 3 airports close to me) added to it has to make sense and most of the time I've looked into it, it hasn't, hence the request
Old Feb 12, 2019, 6:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by flyerwing
Departure Airport: CLE/PIT/CAK
Miles Needed: ~25000 for Gold but I wouldn't mind being able to get to Platinum in the same budget
Required Spend or Maximum Budget (choose one, and state the value): Max budget (for now) is $2500
Available Travel Dates: Mid may to mid July, mid August to the end of the year
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: As long as it earns PQM, I don't mind codeshares

Route(s) You've Already Searched: CLE-LAX, PIT-LAX-IAH-PIT, PIT-YYC, CLE-YYC
I feel like this shouldn't be a problem at all, especially with the budget and if you have time. I assumed that you did want to make this a vacation and not a direct turnaround.

For starters, I would consider taking a trip to Australia, here is a suggestion for $910 which gets you 20k PQM: https://flights.app.goo.gl/HCmGv
Can certainly be optimized, especially if you want to get maximum mileage from a single trip.
FYI: this fare was very recently cheaper, so it could be worthwhile to wait with the booking in case that sale returns.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 12:23 am

Programs: UA MP and Chase EXP Card Holder
Originally Posted by flockavelliFT
I feel like this shouldn't be a problem at all, especially with the budget and if you have time. I assumed that you did want to make this a vacation and not a direct turnaround.

For starters, I would consider taking a trip to Australia, here is a suggestion for $910 which gets you 20k PQM
Can certainly be optimized, especially if you want to get maximum mileage from a single trip.
FYI: this fare was very recently cheaper, so it could be worthwhile to wait with the booking in case that sale returns.
I really appreciate that Australia flight, I would have never found it on my own, and thank you for the separate link with its own discussion.

It's not that reaching status would be a problem time wise or with the budget I have, but besides going to Houston for work and the occasional LA getaway, I'm not well versed in these amazing deals, so I would have time, but nowhere to go, so that is very helpful
Old Feb 14, 2019, 2:17 am

Programs: OZ Diamond Plus, Marriott Gold
Departure Airport: ICN, eventually ending in (or within 1 segment of) PHX
Miles Needed: 15K+, preferably 20K+
Required Spend or Maximum Budget (choose one, and state the value): Max budget $1200, preferably $1K or less
Available Travel Dates: Mid March through end of year
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: As much OZ as possible but not required

Route(s) You've Already Searched: USA-China OJ thread, ICN - ORD-PHX/LAX, ICN-YVR-PHX, ICN-EWR-ORD/LAX/DEN
Do you have a Chinese Visa (Yes/No)? No but can get one

Moved to Seoul and I'm chasing Asiana/OZ status. Regularly return to PHX; I earn 10K miles/trip with normal (ICN-(PEK)-LAX/SFO-PHX) round trip at $700-$1000. But I'm willing to put in the extra flight/layover hours if I can significantly up the miles earned. Need each trip to have 7- 15 days in PHX. I've been reading this thread and others for weeks but can't figure out how to build a lucrative multi-city routing. Any help is appreciated.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 3:45 pm

SFO/SJC - Maximize PQM for CPM on ~$900-$1K

Departure Airport: SFO, SJC
Miles Needed: n/a - as many as possible for the budget (see below)
Required Spend or Maximum Budget (choose one, and state the value): Have a travel certificate for $900. Would like to spend not too much out of pocket. Currently on UA 1K status. Upgradeable fare would be nice
Available Travel Dates: preferably month of June. Later possible as well. Travel certificate expires 18 Sep 2019
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: UA only
Route(s) You've Already Searched: few
Do you have a Chinese Visa (Yes/No)? No (Belgian citizen, US permanent resident)

In decreasing order of priorities, my goals are
(1) Maximize PQM for my budget (lowest CPM)
(2) Don't spend too much out of pocket
(3) As quick turns as possible
(4) Upgradeable seat. Have currently UA 1K status and have GPUs left.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 12:30 am

Programs: Asiana Diamond, Marriott Plat/Gold
Departure Airport: ICN/GMP
Miles Needed: 6000
Required Spend or Maximum Budget (choose one, and state the value): <$500
Available Travel Dates: Before July
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: Any metal works
Route(s) You've Already Searched: Most everything on OZ, haven't looked much at other carriers, but previously haven't had much luck finding runs from SEL

If I can't find something that's a good deal for $500 or so, I'll probably just go to Hawaii for vacation.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 2:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Honors Diamond
Departure Airport: YUL
Destination Airport: FRA/MUC
Miles Needed: as many as possible
Required Spend or Maximum Budget (choose one, and state the value):
<~3K USD in J, or can also use UA GPU
Available Travel Dates: April to July
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: *A for PQM
Route(s) You've Already Searched: YUL-FRA, FRA-JNB, JNB-YUL

Hi,

I will have a couple of business trips from Montreal to Frankfurt/Munich between April and July. I wanted to know best way to maximize on PQMs. I'm a UA 1K. I'm thinking of 2 options:
1. Buying RT tickets in J for ~3K USD with stopovers in FRA/MUC. At first, when I searched in GF and ITA Matrix, I was able to find ~3.1K USD YUL-FRA, FRA-JNB, JNB-YUL all in J, but for some reason when I go to the booking page prices jump to ~4.7K! Are GF and ITA matrix giving wrong prices?

2. Buy economy tickets, and use GPU to upgrade. Not sure how easy to find GPU availability at booking with short notice.

I'm not sure this is the best place to post, but any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.