Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

UA/Star Alliance: 2019 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2018, 11:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kmxu
For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required Spend or Maximum Budget (choose one, and state the value):
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay:

Route(s) You've Already Searched:
Do you have a Chinese Visa (Yes/No)?
For each response. Please quote the original request. DO NOT START A NEW THREAD.
There are many good fares to China (PEK or PVG). If you have a Chinese visa, these options will be provided. Otherwise, you may have to take advantage of TWOV (visa on arrival). Its information can be found: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/china/708095-china-24-72-144-hour-transit-without-visa-twov-rules-master-thread.html

If your requested PQM is in a few thousand, please give a more accurate amount. You will get fewer options with a roundup number (eg, 5000 instead of 4830; IAD-SFO nonstop will work for the latter.)
Print Wikipost

UA/Star Alliance: 2019 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2019, 7:10 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus
Forgive me if this is too detailed. I'm new at this. LAX is always a good destination for me.

Departure Airport: DAY, CMH, or CVG
​​Miles Needed: 18,716 PQM (but see below*)
Required Spend or Maximum Budget (choose one, and state the value): Max $2500 including YUL and MEX trips Available Travel Dates: Sep. 15-19 (YUL); Oct. 24-Nov. 9 plus (MEX); otherwise flexible
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: Whatever works for UA PQM
Route(s) You've Already Searched: *Traveling w/ spouse so minimally flexible DAY-IAH-MEX 1694; traveling solo CMH-IAD-YUL 1000 but will consider circuitous routes
Do you have a Chinese Visa (Yes/No)? No but can get one. Would consider flight to LAX to get visa.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 6:35 pm

Programs: Star Alliance, United
Thanks for this. I'm currently UA MP Platinum and would like to keep it going next year. Pure mile run, any combo back-to-back, no worry about the destinations. Already done the Sydney run this year, but any multi-city will do. Can also do extended layover if needed. Would love to try and get Guam on my checklist, but still trying to find that combo.

Departure Airport: Any NYC
Miles Needed: 35k
Required Spend or Maximum Budget (choose one, and state the value): Pref <1K
Available Travel Dates: very open, including midweek, except last 2 weeks of Aug.
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: UA PQM
Route(s) You've Already Searched: too many to list
Do you have a Chinese Visa (Yes/No)? Yes
Old Jun 16, 2019, 12:30 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by zevmo
Thanks for this. I'm currently UA MP Platinum and would like to keep it going next year. Pure mile run, any combo back-to-back, no worry about the destinations. Already done the Sydney run this year, but any multi-city will do. Can also do extended layover if needed. Would love to try and get Guam on my checklist, but still trying to find that combo.

Departure Airport: Any NYC
Miles Needed: 35k
Required Spend or Maximum Budget (choose one, and state the value): Pref <1K
Available Travel Dates: very open, including midweek, except last 2 weeks of Aug.
Route(s) You've Already Searched: too many to list
EWR-SIN for $600 will give you a good start. Another OJ China run (see Mileage Run deals thread) will give you more than 40K PQM.
https://www.theflightdeal.com/2019/0...ing-all-taxes/
Old Jun 17, 2019, 10:30 pm

Programs: United
Hello all I recently did a status match over from Delta to United airlines for premier 1k and they require me to fly 35,000 PQM by August 20th. I'm mainly flying to Tokyo and Singapore but I'm fine flying anywhere if the cpm is good. I'm looking to try and extend my status challenge until September since that's when there's cheaper flights and my work ends in September.
Departure Airport: SEA
Miles Needed: 21,606 PQM
Required Spend or Maximum Budget (choose one, and state the value): NONE
Available Travel Dates: Now- Aug 20th. Only Thursday Nights-Sunday since I have work.
Route(s) You've Already Searched: I flew on May 31st SEA-SFO-NRT-HKG-SFO-SEA for $737
Old Jun 23, 2019, 5:01 am
formerly Guanran Wang

Programs: Alaska, BAEC, Asiana, Aegean, Enrich, Marriott/SPG, Hilton
Departure Airport: BDL,NYC, IAD/BWI
Miles Needed: 30,000 PQM
Available Travel Dates: flexible
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: codeshare ok
Route(s) You've Already Searched: to china
Old Jun 23, 2019, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by Guanran Wang
Departure Airport: BDL,NYC, IAD/BWI
Miles Needed: 30,000 PQM
Available Travel Dates: flexible
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: codeshare ok
Route(s) You've Already Searched: to china
EWR-SIN for $635.
https://www.theflightdeal.com/2019/0...ing-all-taxes/
Old Jun 24, 2019, 12:07 pm

Programs: Star Alliance, United
Thanks!
Old Jun 25, 2019, 7:11 am

Departure Airport: DXB/SHJ/AUH
Miles Needed: 12K
Required Spend or Maximum Budget (choose one, and state the value): Maximum Spend 1500 USD
Available Travel Dates: 1st week of December
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: Only requirement is to credit to TK

Route(s) You've Already Searched: SHJ-TUN / DXB-CMN / DXB-BKK
Do you have a Chinese Visa (Yes/No)? No
Old Jun 25, 2019, 12:59 pm

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards, SPG Gold, United 1K, Hilton Diamond, Diamond Golden Circle
14,000 miles needed, any timeframe

Departure Airport: Ronald Reagan or Dulles (DC)
Miles Needed: 14,000
Required Spend or Maximum Budget (choose one, and state the value): As little as possible, aiming for under $600
Available Travel Dates: 2019 (I can do mileage run or mini vacation)
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: *Alliance
Route(s) You've Already Searched: IAD-SGN with a stop in SGN as posted in this thread no longer available
Old Jun 25, 2019, 8:07 pm

Ewr-bkk for $520

Originally Posted by Zoltar
Departure Airport: Ronald Reagan or Dulles (DC)
Miles Needed: 14,000
Required Spend or Maximum Budget (choose one, and state the value): As little as possible, aiming for under $600
Available Travel Dates: 2019 (I can do mileage run or mini vacation)
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: *Alliance
Route(s) You've Already Searched: IAD-SGN with a stop in SGN as posted in this thread no longer available
only this one is below $600.
https://www.google.com/flights#flt=/...63*2.USD.51963
Old Jun 25, 2019, 9:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K 0.7MM (trying to get to 1MM!)
Originally Posted by Kmxu
I'm not sure if you mean only that routing is available for <$600, or only those specific dates are less than $600, but I see availability for many days at $531 and $521, if the OP can't travel on those dates.

OP, you can click on this link, and then click "Price Graph" in order to see more dates for at and near the same price. https://www.google.com/flights#flt=/...IANCE;sd:1;t:f

Does anyone know if a 1hr 10min turn in BKK is doable? If so, here's an option that wouldn't require a hotel stay: https://www.google.com/flights#flt=/...63*2.USD.52063
Old Jun 26, 2019, 5:03 am

Originally Posted by mpiotrow
I'm not sure if you mean only that routing is available for <$600, or only those specific dates are less than $600, but I see availability for many days at $531 and $521, if the OP can't travel on those dates.

OP, you can click on this link, and then click "Price Graph" in order to see more dates for at and near the same price. https://www.google.com/flights#flt=/...IANCE;sd:1;t:f

Does anyone know if a 1hr 10min turn in BKK is doable? If so, here's an option that wouldn't require a hotel stay: https://www.google.com/flights#flt=/...63*2.USD.52063
it referred to routing, not specific date. OP can also do an OJ China run such as BWI-IAH-HNL-GUM-HKG-XIY/PEK/CTU-SFO-BWI-YYZ for less than $400 if getting a Chinese visa.

https://www.google.com/flights#flt=B...03*2.USD.39203

Last edited by Kmxu; Jun 26, 2019 at 6:16 am Reason: Add a link
Old Jun 26, 2019, 10:01 am

MR Help

Departure Airport: SEA or SFO
Miles Needed: 12,000
Required Spend or Maximum Budget (choose one, and state the value): $3K
Available Travel Dates: Oct/Nov/Dec
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: Metal

Route(s) You've Already Searched: SEA-MEX
Do you have a Chinese Visa (Yes/No)? NO
Old Jun 26, 2019, 10:06 am

Programs: UA 1K 0.7MM (trying to get to 1MM!)
Originally Posted by SpinRx
Departure Airport: SEA or SFO
Miles Needed: 12,000
Required Spend or Maximum Budget (choose one, and state the value): $3K
Available Travel Dates: Oct/Nov/Dec
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: Metal

Route(s) You've Already Searched: SEA-MEX
Do you have a Chinese Visa (Yes/No)? NO
12K miles with a maximum spend of $3K should be no problem at all...can you be a little more specific as to what you're looking for? Otherwise a simple flight search will show you many valid options, I'm sure.

Also, the "Required Metal or Codeshares Okay" is there for you to say if you are required to fly on a specific airline (for example, if you are doing a status match), or if you can fly on any *A codeshare airline.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 1:31 pm

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards, SPG Gold, United 1K, Hilton Diamond, Diamond Golden Circle
Thanks. I saw that as well, but getting to EWR will put me well over my budget.

Also i'm pretty much available any dates, but labor day, last week of October, and December Christmas time are especially open.

Originally Posted by mpiotrow

Thank you. Maybe i'm doing it wrong but if I remove EWR/PHL it puts the price closer to $800.

it referred to routing, not specific date. OP can also do an OJ China run such as BWI-IAH-HNL-GUM-HKG-XIY/PEK/CTU-SFO-BWI-YYZ for less than $400 if getting a Chinese visa.

https://www.google.com/flights#flt=B...03*2.USD.39203
I saw this one, but the hassle of getting from XIY to PEK seems like a bit to much.

I am also open to splitting the trip into two European runs if needed. Thank you for your help/advice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.