Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

DL/Sky Team: 2019 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Old Dec 31, 2018, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required Spend or Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*:

For each response. Please quote the original request. DO NOT START A SEPARATE THREAD.

----

NOTE: You will have greater chances of success if you have greater flexibility on travel dates and cost. If you need a lot of MQMs on weekends only for < 5 cpm it probably won't happen.

Other creative possibilities depending how many MQMs you need:
----

*"Required Metal or Codeshares" is, approximately, asking whether you need a flight operated specifically by Delta or if partner flights are ok. If you are just looking for MQMs to hit a Medallion tier the normal way, then the answer is yes. If you are doing a status challenge, the answer is also probably yes, but read the T&C of your challenge carefully to be sure (for the regular status challenge the answer is also "yes")

NOTE: some partner flights earn MQMs at reduced rates. See this chart for more info.

Newcomers may also be interested in the FlyerTalk Glossary
Print Wikipost

DL/Sky Team: 2019 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Old Jul 21, 2019, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by canuck_traveler
It was there when I made the post yesterday (Dec 4 - 8) but it seems to be gone now. Sorry.
yesterday there were tons of under $3k business return fares (some as low as $2,400) between del & a number of cities on the east coast....today they are all gone....can't find anything for under $3.5k anymore....
Old Jul 22, 2019, 11:14 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Oneworld pleb, Accors Hotel Gold
DO all the China Eastern (Air China that stops over at TPE right?) count towards ST/FB accounts?
Old Jul 23, 2019, 4:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Keyser
i'm currently sitting on 80k mqms with 2 more international trips scheduled between india-u.s. that will get me another 50k mqms....i just found out that i may have to end up taking the second trip on ua since my clients have an agreement with that carrier....i'm still trying to get out of that & fly my usual kl/af/dl route but if i can't then i'll end up about 20k-25k mqms short of re-qualifying for diamond....

Departure Airport: any airport in india....i'm also open to other airports like dxb, sin, bkk, cmb but preference would be from india....
Miles Needed: 25k for diamond....
Required Spend or Budget:
would like to stay under $3k....
Available Travel Dates: preferred dates would be 20th november - 25th december but i can even make other months work if a good deal is available....
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: metal preferred but codeshares also okay....

if possible, i would like to get the required mqms in one trip & business class routes are preferred....

thanks in advance for the suggestions....
posting an update here, in case it helps others in a similar situation....

yesterday i noticed tons of availability between del - various cities on the east coast for travel in november & december in business class for as low as $2.5k....very few of them are bookable on delta but they are all bookable either on klm, air france or virgin....

prices range from $2,500 - $2,800 & mqm in the 25k range....
Old Jul 23, 2019, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by asian_crossfitter
DO all the China Eastern (Air China that stops over at TPE right?) count towards ST/FB accounts?
Information on China Eastern earnings on Flying Blue is available at: https://www.flyingblue.com/en/partne...n/presentation

Each SkyTeam airline has slightly different earnings with partners so you would need to go to each program and look up the details.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 12:20 pm

Programs: SkyMiles
Need 48,000 MQMs to reach Platinum

First time posting so please let me know if I have missed something or done something incorrectly. I'm looking to do as many mileage runs as needed to reach Platinum status. I have reached the $25,000 spend on the Delta Amex so I'm not worried about MQD's and want to try and reach Platinum (75,000 MQMs). 48,000 MQMs will get me to 75,000 MQMs and anything more will benefit me on the rollover for next year.

I would prefer to miss as little work as possible (Mon-Fri travel), so weekends are preferred; however, I have an unlimited PTO policy and am able to travel anytime within my date range below. I imagine approximately three flights to Asia or similar distance would get me there, but I'm looking for the most cost-effective way. I do not have a China Visa, but I have a current US Passport.

Departure Airport: RDU
Miles Needed: 48,000+ MQMs
Required Spend or Budget:~$5,000
Available Travel Dates: Anytime between August 26th and December 16th
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Yes

Last edited by AustFuller; Jul 23, 2019 at 12:21 pm Reason: Added Chinese details
Old Jul 23, 2019, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by AustFuller
First time posting so please let me know if I have missed something or done something incorrectly. I'm looking to do as many mileage runs as needed to reach Platinum status. I have reached the $25,000 spend on the Delta Amex so I'm not worried about MQD's and want to try and reach Platinum (75,000 MQMs). 48,000 MQMs will get me to 75,000 MQMs and anything more will benefit me on the rollover for next year.

I would prefer to miss as little work as possible (Mon-Fri travel), so weekends are preferred; however, I have an unlimited PTO policy and am able to travel anytime within my date range below. I imagine approximately three flights to Asia or similar distance would get me there, but I'm looking for the most cost-effective way. I do not have a China Visa, but I have a current US Passport.

Departure Airport: RDU
Miles Needed: 48,000+ MQMs
Required Spend or Budget:~$5,000
Available Travel Dates: Anytime between August 26th and December 16th
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Yes
I would hazard that the cheapest way is JFK-SIN on China Eastern ....... earns 21,000+ MQMs per trip and some tickets are available for $500 in the timeframe you have indicated. Immediate turn in SIN.
positioning flight of RDU-ATL-JFK (return) twice should get you about 5000 miles and to the 48,000 MQM threshold

Since you are transiting through China on the way to/from SIN, you don't need a Chinese Visa
Old Jul 23, 2019, 2:39 pm

Programs: SkyMiles
I would hazard that the cheapest way is JFK-SIN on China Eastern ....... earns 21,000+ MQMs per trip and some tickets are available for $500 in the timeframe you have indicated. Immediate turn in SIN.
positioning flight of RDU-ATL-JFK (return) twice should get you about 5000 miles and to the 48,000 MQM threshold

Since you are transiting through China on the way to/from SIN, you don't need a Chinese Visa
Thanks for your help on this! When you say Immediate turn, you mean book a one-day itinerary directly with China Eastern? And then I book the positioning flights with Delta to get me to JFK before the itinerary I book with China Eastern and after the arrival on the return.

Last edited by AustFuller; Jul 23, 2019 at 2:52 pm Reason: Editing incorrect information
Old Jul 23, 2019, 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by AustFuller
Thanks for your help on this! When you say Immediate turn, you mean book a one-day itinerary directly with China Eastern? And then I book the positioning flights with Delta to get me to JFK before the itinerary I book with China Eastern and after the arrival on the return.
Sorry, immediate turn refers to your stay in Singapore. Basically, you land and then a few hours later you start your return journey home (instead of having to stay a day or two.)

You can book the China Eastern flights directly with China Eastern or through an online travel agency like Expedia.com (which is what I normally do.)
Old Jul 24, 2019, 11:14 pm

Departure Airport: MSP (can position easily)
Miles Needed: 12,739 MQM's
Required Spend or Budget: Around $600 budget (have a $200 eCredit as well)
Available Travel Dates: Pretty wide open (I can work from anywhere), but need the MQM's by August 25 for Reclaim Status program. Quicker the turn around the better. Only weekend travel I can do is August 16-18.
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Codeshares okay
Old Jul 25, 2019, 5:38 am

Originally Posted by uclabadger
Departure Airport: MSP (can position easily)
Miles Needed: 12,739 MQM's
Required Spend or Budget: Around $600 budget (have a $200 eCredit as well)
Available Travel Dates: Pretty wide open (I can work from anywhere), but need the MQM's by August 25 for Reclaim Status program. Quicker the turn around the better. Only weekend travel I can do is August 16-18.
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Codeshares okay
Not sure you will be able to find anything for that price and distance in the midst of the summer travel season and with only a few weeks notice.

LAX-HKG/BKK in the $700 range on China Eastern is probably your best bet. (economy)
Old Jul 25, 2019, 12:14 pm

Not sure you will be able to find anything for that price and distance in the midst of the summer travel season and with only a few weeks notice.

LAX-HKG/BKK in the $700 range on China Eastern is probably your best bet. (economy)
Was able to book LAS-HND round-trip in premium economy for ~$900 today. Not too shabby, and will easily get me the MQM's needed. Woo!
Old Jul 25, 2019, 5:33 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles
Hello, I have a cancelled Delta ticket worth $1400 that I have to use or it will expire by the end of August. I'm looking for ways to use it and maximize miles earned.
Departure Airport: ATL
Miles Needed: as much as possible
Required Spend or Budget: $1400
Available Travel Dates: not available between 11th and 29th of Aug, prefer weekends but I can do one or 2 work days.
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: not sure, only Delta I guess
Old Jul 25, 2019, 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by b_smith
Hello, I have a cancelled Delta ticket worth $1400 that I have to use or it will expire by the end of August. I'm looking for ways to use it and maximize miles earned.
Departure Airport: ATL
Miles Needed: as much as possible
Required Spend or Budget: $1400
Available Travel Dates: not available between 11th and 29th of Aug, prefer weekends but I can do one or 2 work days.
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: not sure, only Delta I guess
How about ATL-SIN in Premium Select? August 29-Sept. 1, $1450 (other dates available but requires more weekday travel - e.g. Nov 25 -28, $1390 Premium Select)
Old Jul 26, 2019, 11:03 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles
How about ATL-SIN in Premium Select? August 29-Sept. 1, $1450 (other dates available but requires more weekday travel - e.g. Nov 25 -28, $1390 Premium Select)
November is too far away, my trip has to start before Aug 30. The Aug 29 one looks good but unfortunately doesn't work because I can't travel before 6pm on that day and the flights I saw are in the morning.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by b_smith
November is too far away, my trip has to start before Aug 30. The Aug 29 one looks good but unfortunately doesn't work because I can't travel before 6pm on that day and the flights I saw are in the morning.
ATL-CGK (Jakarta), August 16 - 18, $1330, Premium Select

Last edited by canuck_traveler; Jul 26, 2019 at 1:00 pm Reason: removed August 30 option as OP has to start trip before 30th

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.