Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

DL/Sky Team: 2019 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2018, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required Spend or Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*:

For each response. Please quote the original request. DO NOT START A SEPARATE THREAD.

----

NOTE: You will have greater chances of success if you have greater flexibility on travel dates and cost. If you need a lot of MQMs on weekends only for < 5 cpm it probably won't happen.

Other creative possibilities depending how many MQMs you need:
----

*"Required Metal or Codeshares" is, approximately, asking whether you need a flight operated specifically by Delta or if partner flights are ok. If you are just looking for MQMs to hit a Medallion tier the normal way, then the answer is yes. If you are doing a status challenge, the answer is also probably yes, but read the T&C of your challenge carefully to be sure (for the regular status challenge the answer is also "yes")

NOTE: some partner flights earn MQMs at reduced rates. See this chart for more info.

Newcomers may also be interested in the FlyerTalk Glossary
Print Wikipost

DL/Sky Team: 2019 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2019, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by TonyTone
Same date but Prem Econ

Departure Airport: JAX
Destination: Anywhere
Miles Needed: N/A
Required Spend or Budget: <$1,000
Available Travel Dates: Jun 11 - Jun 12
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Doesn't matter
You can do the JAX-SAN in Economy Plus for around $800.

It is unlikely you will get an Premium Select (International travel) seat for the price you have listed.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 10:48 am

Programs: Skymiles; SPG; AAdvantage
Departure Airport: DTW/GRR/ORD (maybe)
Miles Needed: Max for budget
Required Spend or Budget: 500-750
Available Travel Dates: Weekends- might be able to leave midday Friday
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Codeshares okay
Old Apr 19, 2019, 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by redstormrising
Departure Airport: DTW/GRR/ORD (maybe)
Miles Needed: Max for budget
Required Spend or Budget: 500-750
Available Travel Dates: Weekends- might be able to leave midday Friday
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Codeshares okay
DTW-KOA, $714 (Basic Economy), over 10,000 MQMs depending on routing, several dates in October/November, Saturday departure, immediate turn
Old Apr 26, 2019, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by DCBob
What do you mean by defiantly? It means obstinately or angry opposition to something you dislike. Please clarify.
@DCBob

i meant as I agree with the comment and appreciated the help. I don’t know how you would take it as obstinately or as an angry opposition??? If that’s what you were referring too, then let me clarify as per your request, no it’s neither! It wasn’t intended to be read deeply as far as you are saying, it meant I definitely agree/see what the comment meant. Is that clear enough? Why would anyone get upset/angry when people are taking the time out to help on here...if anything I’m grateful and everyone should be too.
Old May 2, 2019, 9:14 am
formerly willbbiddy

Originally Posted by LeedH

@DCBob

i meant as I agree with the comment and appreciated the help. I don’t know how you would take it as obstinately or as an angry opposition??? If that’s what you were referring too, then let me clarify as per your request, no it’s neither! It wasn’t intended to be read deeply as far as you are saying, it meant I definitely agree/see what the comment meant. Is that clear enough? Why would anyone get upset/angry when people are taking the time out to help on here...if anything I’m grateful and everyone should be too.
He's joking because the word you meant to use is "definitely"
Old May 2, 2019, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by BirdLawyer
He's joking because the word you meant to use is "definitely"
Yes I know, and thought so too. But one of my friends on here read it...and said I should clarify, just in case anyone was really taking it or reading it that way...because she did 😉
Old May 2, 2019, 1:52 pm

Need mileage runs...open for flying totally. Shooting for platinum or possibly diamon

Departure Airport: IAD would be ideal and easy as I live right next to airport...but I can try reposition JFK/LGA, ATL,DTW Or MSP (or anywhere)
Destination: Anywhere around world, if earn miles faster in one to a few trips faster. But I would like to try the 50 states like Hawaii or Alaska...to be possibly upgraded on Delta flights due to back.Miles Needed: 50k + (150k to diamond)

Required Spend or Budget: Most affordable but with fares that earn the 100% , 150% or 200%

Available Travel Dates: Starting now weekdays and weekends! May-July, August (after the Aug 12th as I’ve my sisters wedding) and then September- Dec 2019

Required Metal or Codeshares okay: yes

Hi everyone. I’ve always followed but first time posting. I’m currently looking to see get a platinum or fingers crossed 🤞🏻possibly a Diamond Status! Has anyone tried to push Diamond after platinum and not spent too much? If so how much cost and how long/how many trips did it take?

I’m a looking to travel anytime now til October with quick turnarounds (not leaving airport - 1 night or so) on coming back with minimum budget. But in November/December don’t mind doing a 7-11 day stay somewhere Europe, Mumbai, Tahiti, island or anywhere safe!

I’ve a Gold Status, and had surgery recently...so if I could possibly get help on places I can travel with a high possibility of getting upgraded on my flight to even atleast comfort plus due to my back, that would be highly appreciated. What destinations, days are worth a try, and would give me the best of miles with Skymiles? I know Hawaii and Alaska can be one of them, but don’t know if that’s only on Delta, or any other airlines too?
Also in August, as I’ve stated I can travel after 12th...I will be in Msp...so anywhere from there would be nice too.

Ps....Open to reasonable premium seating or business class that would give me double amount of miles, paying almost the same in one flight VS two same flights in coach internationally...if that makes sense? Example: Like one BOM (mumbai India) that would give me the same miles in premium/business....vs doing 2 coach trips for the same amount of miles and the price would be almost the same. Thank you so much for all your help!

Last edited by khanmin; May 2, 2019 at 1:54 pm Reason: Needed to add mileage return amount
Old May 3, 2019, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by khanmin
Departure Airport: IAD would be ideal and easy as I live right next to airport...but I can try reposition JFK/LGA, ATL,DTW Or MSP (or anywhere)
Destination: Anywhere around world, if earn miles faster in one to a few trips faster. But I would like to try the 50 states like Hawaii or Alaska...to be possibly upgraded on Delta flights due to back.Miles Needed: 50k + (150k to diamond)

Required Spend or Budget: Most affordable but with fares that earn the 100% , 150% or 200%

Available Travel Dates: Starting now weekdays and weekends! May-July, August (after the Aug 12th as I’ve my sisters wedding) and then September- Dec 2019

Required Metal or Codeshares okay: yes

Hi everyone. I’ve always followed but first time posting. I’m currently looking to see get a platinum or fingers crossed ����possibly a Diamond Status! Has anyone tried to push Diamond after platinum and not spent too much? If so how much cost and how long/how many trips did it take?

I’m a looking to travel anytime now til October with quick turnarounds (not leaving airport - 1 night or so) on coming back with minimum budget. But in November/December don’t mind doing a 7-11 day stay somewhere Europe, Mumbai, Tahiti, island or anywhere safe!

I’ve a Gold Status, and had surgery recently...so if I could possibly get help on places I can travel with a high possibility of getting upgraded on my flight to even atleast comfort plus due to my back, that would be highly appreciated. What destinations, days are worth a try, and would give me the best of miles with Skymiles? I know Hawaii and Alaska can be one of them, but don’t know if that’s only on Delta, or any other airlines too?
Also in August, as I’ve stated I can travel after 12th...I will be in Msp...so anywhere from there would be nice too.

Ps....Open to reasonable premium seating or business class that would give me double amount of miles, paying almost the same in one flight VS two same flights in coach internationally...if that makes sense? Example: Like one BOM (mumbai India) that would give me the same miles in premium/business....vs doing 2 coach trips for the same amount of miles and the price would be almost the same. Thank you so much for all your help!

You will want to take a look at the Premium Fare Deals forum for some ideas. One recent posting was AeroMexico flights in business to Seoul: AeroMexico to Seoul
Old May 3, 2019, 12:07 pm

Is that the only options? A bit expensive for me. But does that give me double Miles to get to my status faster vs doing two of those in coach? Just doing one in business/premium?

Or or any other options that you could give? Thank you for your help
Old May 3, 2019, 2:13 pm

Is that the only options? A bit expensive for me. But does that give me double Miles to get to my status faster vs doing two of those in coach? Just doing one in business/premium?

Or or any other options that you could give? Thank you for your help
The reason why premium fare was suggested by canuck is likely because you state that you live near IAD and thus are probably subject to MQD requirements. If you're looking to hit PM (or even DM), you not only need the MQMs, but you also need the MQDs (Medallion Qualifying Dollars).

DL marketed flights use the base fare for MQD - so you will be buying expensive tix to hit your requirement. OR, you can find tix on a partner airline that credits MQD based on percentage of mileage flown - so you can earn more MQD than what you actually pay for the tix.

You need to understand what requirements you need to complete for your status before doing your mileage run(s) and what each MR will gain you for MQM/MQD, or you may find that you are paying a lot and not getting the status you think you're going for.
Old May 3, 2019, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by tearex
The reason why premium fare was suggested by canuck is likely because you state that you live near IAD and thus are probably subject to MQD requirements. If you're looking to hit PM (or even DM), you not only need the MQMs, but you also need the MQDs (Medallion Qualifying Dollars).

DL marketed flights use the base fare for MQD - so you will be buying expensive tix to hit your requirement. OR, you can find tix on a partner airline that credits MQD based on percentage of mileage flown - so you can earn more MQD than what you actually pay for the tix.

You need to understand what requirements you need to complete for your status before doing your mileage run(s) and what each MR will gain you for MQM/MQD, or you may find that you are paying a lot and not getting the status you think you're going for.
Thank you for making that clear. But does that fall under MQD waiver at all with the delta reserve card of doing $25,000 spending? Because that’s what I thought I could knock off that part with...then do the mileage part by flying? Or does it not work like that? Per my discussion with AMEX Delta Reserve, I was told that could be done. But is that misinformation that I got?

Really confused now, thank you so much and all help will be greatly appreciated.
Old May 3, 2019, 3:15 pm

Reposted by accident below

Last edited by khanmin; May 3, 2019 at 3:23 pm Reason: reposted
Old May 3, 2019, 3:17 pm

Will the waiver help with the MQDs?

With Delta Reserve Amex, can’t I just do the waiver of $25k for PT status? Then do the rest with flying for mileage? That’s what the Amex customer service had told me...was I misinformed?

Thats why I thought u could knock that MQDs with AMEX, then see if you guys could please help me do the rest with the mileage run? Thank you so much...just very confused now... If you can guide me...with doing my mileage run...it would be greatly appreciated.

I know a bit confusing, and I’m confused too. Thank you.

Either way, can you guys please help me do the mileage run? First time doing it...and need lots of help.
Old May 3, 2019, 3:44 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond
Departure Airport: HNL
Miles Needed: 0 I have more than enough roll over MQMs to make diamond.
Required Spend or Budget: need 7000MQDs
Available Travel Dates: June 11-18
Required Metal or Codeshares okay. Pretty sure i have to fly codeshare to get the MQDs by distance.

trying to hit diamond this year.

Currently lookimg at a biz class flight to Prague for $4000 to get a little over 7000mqds needed.

Would be really nice if I could cut my actual spend and still get a simiar amount of MQDs.

Anyone have a suggestion?
Old May 3, 2019, 7:51 pm

With Delta Reserve Amex, can’t I just do the waiver of $25k for PT status? Then do the rest with flying for mileage? That’s what the Amex customer service had told me...was I misinformed?

Thats why I thought u could knock that MQDs with AMEX, then see if you guys could please help me do the rest with the mileage run? Thank you so much...just very confused now... If you can guide me...with doing my mileage run...it would be greatly appreciated.

I know a bit confusing, and I’m confused too. Thank you.

Either way, can you guys please help me do the mileage run? First time doing it...and need lots of help.
Yes, I was thinking of MQD but you also said you would prefer to earn double the miles for flying the same routes and premium seating (back surgery.) How much are you willing to spend? I find the best deals are generally in economy (e.g. China Eastern to Asia from JFK).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.