Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

DL/Sky Team: 2019 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

DL/Sky Team: 2019 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

    Hide Wikipost
Old Dec 31, 18, 2:40 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: Pat89339
Wiki Link
For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required Spend or Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*:


For each response. Please quote the original request. DO NOT START A SEPARATE THREAD.

----

NOTE: You will have greater chances of success if you have greater flexibility on travel dates and cost. If you need a lot of MQMs on weekends only for < 5 cpm it probably won't happen.

Other creative possibilities depending how many MQMs you need:
----

*"Required Metal or Codeshares" is, approximately, asking whether you need a flight operated specifically by Delta or if partner flights are ok. If you are just looking for MQMs to hit a Medallion tier the normal way, then the answer is yes. If you are doing a status challenge, the answer is also probably yes, but read the T&C of your challenge carefully to be sure (for the regular status challenge the answer is also "yes")

NOTE: some partner flights earn MQMs at reduced rates. See this chart for more info.

Newcomers may also be interested in the FlyerTalk Glossary
Print Wikipost

Reply

Old Jun 20, 19, 1:43 pm
  #121  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 640
Originally Posted by CAETravlr View Post
Firstly, I want to thank @canuck_traveler for all of the great finds. I forgot to come back and thank you for your help back in March, but I had a great run!

I was looking for something in the next couple of weeks and realized that between it being summer and me not realizing my availability until so late in the game, I am probably not going to find much. But I was hoping someone might be able to point me to a hidden gem!

Departure Airport: CHS (CAE and SAV are options for a good deal)
Miles Needed: As many as possible for a zero night stay, preferably on routes where I can make good use of a couple of RUCs
Required Spend or Budget: More focused on a decent CPM
Available Travel Dates: Short Notice - Looking for between Jun 25 and July 12
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Delta

Thanks in advance!
Glad you had a great run!

A bit pricey travelling in July.

When you stay "zero night stay", do you include a return red-eye flight?

If not, you are probably looking at a similar run to the West Coast.

If you don't mind a red-eye flight back on the same day of departure, then a consideration would be a run to either Anchorage or Kahului (OGG). Probably looking in the $800 range (MC) and between 8000 - 10,000 MQMs depending on where you are going.
canuck_traveler is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 19, 2:38 pm
  #122  
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: CHS
Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Delta Skymiles DM, Hilton Honors Silver VIP
Posts: 339
Originally Posted by canuck_traveler View Post
Glad you had a great run!

A bit pricey travelling in July.

When you stay "zero night stay", do you include a return red-eye flight?

If not, you are probably looking at a similar run to the West Coast.

If you don't mind a red-eye flight back on the same day of departure, then a consideration would be a run to either Anchorage or Kahului (OGG). Probably looking in the $800 range (MC) and between 8000 - 10,000 MQMs depending on where you are going.
Yeah, sorry I wasn't more specific, a return red eye is usually what I do from the West Coast. Everything I usually look to first, like SFO, PDX, and SEA were all too pricey. OGG or ANC in the $800 might just work though! I'll have to take a look and see what I can find. Thanks for the tip!
CAETravlr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 19, 3:09 pm
  #123  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 640
Originally Posted by CAETravlr View Post
Yeah, sorry I wasn't more specific, a return red eye is usually what I do from the West Coast. Everything I usually look to first, like SFO, PDX, and SEA were all too pricey. OGG or ANC in the $800 might just work though! I'll have to take a look and see what I can find. Thanks for the tip!
CHS-OGG, July 3rd seems to be the cheapest
CHS-ANC, June 23 and July 1 have the lowest price
CHS-FAI, June 27
canuck_traveler is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 19, 9:37 am
  #124  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 640
Originally Posted by LeedH View Post

Please feel free to let me know any thoughts here, or I donít know if we can message each other here on the site? Thank you and waiting to see if you or anyone can make me the world travel...in the next few days, and I can give you guys all the feedbacks! Thanks very much!
Hi @LeedH, this forum allows you to send private messages but you need to be logged in. Also, notification of new messages are not shown unless you are logged in as well.
canuck_traveler is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 19, 10:57 pm
  #125  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Programs: Marriot Titanium, HHonors Diamond, UA Platinum, AF Platinum, AV Lifemiles, BD Gold ;)
Posts: 29
Help needed XP Run from SGN

Hi guys,

I need a good XP Premium run from from SGN on VN (or any other ST airline) similar to those recently posted on AF/KL ex-DUS,FRA,BCN, etc.
I am planning to rack up as many XP as possible while still in asia (crediting to FB so rolling over...), I am soon moving to the Caribbean where it will be much harder.

Departure Airport: SGN
XP Needed: As many as possible ~ max $10 / XP
Required Spend or Budget: $10 / XP / No budget in absolute
Available Travel Dates: Any dates
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Any marketed by ST, Operated by ST


Thanks!
Alex
nirmnet is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 19, 7:41 am
  #126  
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Multiple locations
Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Posts: 2,489
Originally Posted by nirmnet View Post
Hi guys,

I need a good XP Premium run from from SGN on VN (or any other ST airline) similar to those recently posted on AF/KL ex-DUS,FRA,BCN, etc.
I am planning to rack up as many XP as possible while still in asia (crediting to FB so rolling over...), I am soon moving to the Caribbean where it will be much harder.

Departure Airport: SGN
XP Needed: As many as possible ~ max $10 / XP
Required Spend or Budget: $10 / XP / No budget in absolute
Available Travel Dates: Any dates
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Any marketed by ST, Operated by ST


Thanks!
Alex
Try SGN-HAN-BKK 42 XPs for $544... Or perhaps add segments across Vietnam for 6 XPs each...
jfkeze is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 19, 8:38 am
  #127  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: ATL
Programs: DL PM 1 Mil Miler, HZ PC, Marriott LT PM, Hilton DM
Posts: 278
Anything out of ATL in the next 5 days for relatively cheap?
Departure Airport: ATL
Miles Needed: As many MQM's as possible.
Required Spend or Budget: Up to - $600
Available Travel Dates: 7/2-7/6 Immediate turn preferred
estedman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 19, 11:53 am
  #128  
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Programs: Delta Skymiles
Posts: 2
Talking

Departure Airport: LHR
Miles Needed: 5700
Required Spend or Budget: 1500
Available Travel Dates: July 30- Aug 4th 2019, or October 2019
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Codeshares okay


Honestly looking to Max out as many miles as possible but minimum needed is 5000. Not really big on long overnight stays.

Warmest Regards,
IcarusLives is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 19, 1:02 pm
  #129  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 640
Originally Posted by IcarusLives View Post
Departure Airport: LHR
Miles Needed: 5700
Required Spend or Budget: 1500
Available Travel Dates: July 30- Aug 4th 2019, or October 2019
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Codeshares okay


Honestly looking to Max out as many miles as possible but minimum needed is 5000. Not really big on long overnight stays.

Warmest Regards,
One thought would be LHR-LAX in October. Weekend dates are about 320 GBP.
canuck_traveler is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 19, 1:05 pm
  #130  
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Programs: Yes
Posts: 466
Originally Posted by IcarusLives View Post
Departure Airport: LHR
Miles Needed: 5700
Required Spend or Budget: 1500
Available Travel Dates: July 30- Aug 4th 2019, or October 2019
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Codeshares okay


Honestly looking to Max out as many miles as possible but minimum needed is 5000. Not really big on long overnight stays.

Warmest Regards,
Fall is definitely going to be a lot cheaper than the summer. You can do a weekend trip to LAX in October for about $400 USD roundtrip. VS premium economy is around $1000.
xliioper is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 19, 2:01 am
  #131  
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Programs: Delta Skymiles
Posts: 2
Originally Posted by canuck_traveler View Post
One thought would be LHR-LAX in October. Weekend dates are about 320 GBP.
Originally Posted by xliioper View Post
Fall is definitely going to be a lot cheaper than the summer. You can do a weekend trip to LAX in October for about $400 USD roundtrip. VS premium economy is around $1000.
Definitely don't mind. I'm going to look into this! Thank you Canuck!
IcarusLives is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 19, 9:16 pm
  #132  
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 2
hope i am posting this properly.

Need to get 10000 MQMs before the end of August

Departure Airport: Any NYC airport
Miles Needed: 10000 MQMs
Required Spend or Budget: $1000
Available Travel Dates: any date in late july or late august
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: anything is fine.

happy to fo an immediate turnaround. any help much appreciated.
Tyreej is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 19, 5:15 am
  #133  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 640
Originally Posted by Tyreej View Post
Need to get 10000 MQMs before the end of August

Departure Airport: Any NYC airport
Miles Needed: 10000 MQMs
Required Spend or Budget: $1000
Available Travel Dates: any date in late july or late august
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: anything is fine.

happy to fo an immediate turnaround. any help much appreciated.
JFK-Hawaiian Islands should get you the mileage required.

e.g. JFK-KOA, August 27 (arrive back in JFK on 28th), $590 (basic economy), about 10,100 MQMs
canuck_traveler is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 19, 12:10 pm
  #134  
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Programs: SkyMiles
Posts: 2
Departure Airport: JFK
Miles Needed: 40K MQMs / 10K MQDs
Required Spend or Budget: >2.5 MQDs per $
Available Travel Dates: September/October
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: No pref


3 year platinum aiming for diamond this year. Thank you!
snowbird3267 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 19, 1:02 pm
  #135  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 640
Originally Posted by snowbird3267 View Post
Departure Airport: JFK
Miles Needed: 40K MQMs / 10K MQDs
Required Spend or Budget: >2.5 MQDs per $
Available Travel Dates: September/October
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: No pref


3 year platinum aiming for diamond this year. Thank you!
Take a look at Virgin Atlantic, JFK-JNB, Economy Delight class, 4000+ MQDs, 22,000+ MQMs, various dates in Sept - Nov at $1080, use flexible date search on Virgin Atlantic website
canuck_traveler is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread