Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

DL/Sky Team: 2019 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Old Dec 31, 2018, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required Spend or Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*:

For each response. Please quote the original request. DO NOT START A SEPARATE THREAD.

----

NOTE: You will have greater chances of success if you have greater flexibility on travel dates and cost. If you need a lot of MQMs on weekends only for < 5 cpm it probably won't happen.

Other creative possibilities depending how many MQMs you need:
----

*"Required Metal or Codeshares" is, approximately, asking whether you need a flight operated specifically by Delta or if partner flights are ok. If you are just looking for MQMs to hit a Medallion tier the normal way, then the answer is yes. If you are doing a status challenge, the answer is also probably yes, but read the T&C of your challenge carefully to be sure (for the regular status challenge the answer is also "yes")

NOTE: some partner flights earn MQMs at reduced rates. See this chart for more info.

Newcomers may also be interested in the FlyerTalk Glossary
Print Wikipost

DL/Sky Team: 2019 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Old Dec 9, 2019, 1:10 am

@canuck_traveler ... Thank You! I dug in and figured the partner airlines process out using the mileage calculator you suggested and I'm booked!
Expedia DCA-MSP-MEX-GLD-ATL-IAD for a whopping 5025 miles and 2010 MQDs (if my math is correct) and I'm DIAMOND in 2020!

You Rock!
Old Dec 9, 2019, 2:02 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by alashab
@canuck_traveler ... Thank You! I dug in and figured the partner airlines process out using the mileage calculator you suggested and I'm booked!
Expedia DCA-MSP-MEX-GLD-ATL-IAD for a whopping 5025 miles and 2010 MQDs (if my math is correct) and I'm DIAMOND in 2020!

You Rock!
With AM, keep all BPs and make sure your DL FFN is on all the Boarding Pass. I would even go as far as asking for a paper BP. I have heard stories of issues with DL and AM (as these are Y-Up fares) so always keep the AM BPs to be on the safe side...
Old Dec 9, 2019, 2:21 am

Back again!

Thanks for the earlier suggestions from LAS. Unfortunately, work called and I had to run. Now my best shot at having time before end of year is as follows -- all help always appreciated, gurus!!

Departure Airport: ATL
Miles Needed: 5,200 MQM to reach Diamond (ugh, so close)
Required Spend or Budget: I'm only short on MQD by $136, so I'll make it. As for budget, I'd be happier to do a First Class ticket under say $1250 to help boost the MQM earnings and reduce the length of trip.
Available Travel Dates: I land in ATL from LHR on 12/23 at 7:30pm (domestic connection). Would love to connect right onto mileage run, and be back to ATL as early as possible on 12/24.
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Whatever gets me there

Open to any sage advice from the crew here.

Thanks,
Terrence
Old Dec 9, 2019, 4:00 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hertz President's Circle
I find myself a few (4,816) MQMs short of keeping Delta Platinum. I found a trip from ATL-YEG booked on Delta.com for this weekend that indicates 4,830 MQMs with a quick turn for $408. I know part of it is on WestJet which sucks but I won't have luggage and am just looking for the MQMs so there shouldn't be any extra fees. As long as Delta.com indicates the MQMs it shouldn't matter that part of this itinerary is on WestJet should it? Is there anything better out there that would net ~5,000 MQMs for less than $500? I'm paying with eGift cards and membership rewards points so I really don't care about the CPM; I just need it to be quick.

Thanks everyone!

Departure Airport: ATL, BHM
Miles Needed: 4,816
Required Spend or Budget: <$500
Available Travel Dates: Any Fri-Sat, Sat-Sun combo in December
Yes
Old Dec 9, 2019, 5:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zornoff
I find myself a few (4,816) MQMs short of keeping Delta Platinum. I found a trip from ATL-YEG booked on Delta.com for this weekend that indicates 4,830 MQMs with a quick turn for $408. I know part of it is on WestJet which sucks but I won't have luggage and am just looking for the MQMs so there shouldn't be any extra fees. As long as Delta.com indicates the MQMs it shouldn't matter that part of this itinerary is on WestJet should it? Is there anything better out there that would net ~5,000 MQMs for less than $500? I'm paying with eGift cards and membership rewards points so I really don't care about the CPM; I just need it to be quick.

Thanks everyone!

Departure Airport: ATL, BHM
Miles Needed: 4,816
Required Spend or Budget: <$500
Available Travel Dates: Any Fri-Sat, Sat-Sun combo in December
Yes
The WS operated flights are fine. I don't think you'll find anything much cheaper than this at this late date. You can do BHM-LAX or BHM-SMF on 12/24 - 12/25 for around $400, but it seems pretty clear you don't want to be traveling mid-week/Christmas day. If you are talking about using Pay with Miles when you say "membership rewards points", you cannot combine Pay with Miles with eGift cards or certs for payment. Nor can Pay with Miles be used on itins that have flights which are not operated on DL metal (so the YEG itin with WS flights would be disqualified from using Pay with Miles).

Last edited by xliioper; Dec 9, 2019 at 5:25 am
Old Dec 9, 2019, 5:59 am

Originally Posted by krburrell90
Hi. I'm trying to reach Platinum. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Departure Airport: LAX
Miles Needed: 7,650 MQMs
Required Spend or Budget: Cheapest possible
Available Travel Dates: 12/19-12/31
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: YES. Only need MQMs
Two trips to OGG will get you the required MQMs - about 4900 MQMs per trip. Various dates in the mid $300s (e.g. Dec. 26, 30) range for a immediate turn trip.

Old Dec 9, 2019, 7:30 am

Thanks XLIIOPER, I was going to pay with AMEX (then convert it to a membership rewards redemption w/in 24 hours) and a couple of ecerts as I've done before; not PWM. Yeah Christmas Eve and weekdays are pretty much out for family reasons. I've looked pretty hard for something that would fit my timeline and this one seems to fit the bill but I've not done a WS flight before. I appreciate you looking at it and your comments/suggestions.

Originally Posted by xliioper
The WS operated flights are fine. I don't think you'll find anything much cheaper than this at this late date. You can do BHM-LAX or BHM-SMF on 12/24 - 12/25 for around $400, but it seems pretty clear you don't want to be traveling mid-week/Christmas day. If you are talking about using Pay with Miles when you say "membership rewards points", you cannot combine Pay with Miles with eGift cards or certs for payment. Nor can Pay with Miles be used on itins that have flights which are not operated on DL metal (so the YEG itin with WS flights would be disqualified from using Pay with Miles).
Old Dec 9, 2019, 7:57 am

Programs: Delta
Hey all - I'm looking for a way to grab 5,000 MQMs on Dec 19/20th. I'm in NYC and can fly out of LGA/JFK/EWR. Would like to keep under $750. Thanks in advance for any tips.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 8:48 am

Almost to Gold

Departure Airport: DCA/BWI/IAD
Miles Needed: 12,400
Required Spend or Budget: under $2k
Available Travel Dates: any
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: yes
Old Dec 9, 2019, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by Terrence Williams
Back again!

Thanks for the earlier suggestions from LAS. Unfortunately, work called and I had to run. Now my best shot at having time before end of year is as follows -- all help always appreciated, gurus!!

Departure Airport: ATL
Miles Needed: 5,200 MQM to reach Diamond (ugh, so close)
Required Spend or Budget: I'm only short on MQD by $136, so I'll make it. As for budget, I'd be happier to do a First Class ticket under say $1250 to help boost the MQM earnings and reduce the length of trip.
Available Travel Dates: I land in ATL from LHR on 12/23 at 7:30pm (domestic connection). Would love to connect right onto mileage run, and be back to ATL as early as possible on 12/24.
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Whatever gets me there

Open to any sage advice from the crew here.

Thanks,
Terrence
A run to LAS in First will get you 5200 MQMs. 1 hour in LAS, back to ATL by 7am:

Last edited by canuck_traveler; Dec 9, 2019 at 9:10 am
Old Dec 9, 2019, 9:04 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by stunmanmike
Hey all - I'm looking for a way to grab 5,000 MQMs on Dec 19/20th. I'm in NYC and can fly out of LGA/JFK/EWR. Would like to keep under $750. Thanks in advance for any tips.
If you can travel on the 18th... 5172 MQMs in BE for $481...
Old Dec 9, 2019, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by stunmanmike
I didn't know if you meant both legs in one day or an overnight; a same day turn is cheaper. Here are some trips for you to play around with:

LGA-LAX for $729 that nets about 5,117 MQM's

OR

JFK-SAN that would net 5,061 MQMs for $683.

UGH, my attempt at an image screwed up. These are both for 19th-20th trips...I can re-insert if needed.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 9:14 am

Hi all -- first time posting. Trying to make Diamond before the end of the year :/

Departure Airport: NYC (JFK / LGA / EWR)
Miles Needed: 10K
MQD Needed: 0
Required Spend or Budget: As low as possible
Available Travel Dates: 12/14 - 12/15, or 12/20 - 12/21. Need to be in DTW by 12/22 in the AM.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by Vlake21
Departure Airport: DCA/BWI/IAD
Miles Needed: 12,400
Required Spend or Budget: under $2k
Available Travel Dates: any
You can pick up about 10,000 MQMs with a run to OGG for as little as $577 (Dec. 10). Then pick up the remaining MQMs with a trip to DEN (e.g. Dec. 16, $200, 3500+ MQMs)

Delta calendar of same day trips from WAS area airports to OGG:

Old Dec 9, 2019, 9:52 am

Programs: Delta, Hilton, Hertz
Need 15,000 Delta MQMs!

Please help!
Departure Airport: CAE/GSP/AGS/CHS/CLT
Miles Needed: 15,000 MQMs & $140 spent dollars
Required Spend or Budget: as little as possible but under $2k
Available Travel Dates: Between Dec 23-31

Thanks in advance!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.