Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

DL/Sky Team: 2019 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Old Dec 31, 2018, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required Spend or Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*:

For each response. Please quote the original request. DO NOT START A SEPARATE THREAD.

----

NOTE: You will have greater chances of success if you have greater flexibility on travel dates and cost. If you need a lot of MQMs on weekends only for < 5 cpm it probably won't happen.

Other creative possibilities depending how many MQMs you need:
----

*"Required Metal or Codeshares" is, approximately, asking whether you need a flight operated specifically by Delta or if partner flights are ok. If you are just looking for MQMs to hit a Medallion tier the normal way, then the answer is yes. If you are doing a status challenge, the answer is also probably yes, but read the T&C of your challenge carefully to be sure (for the regular status challenge the answer is also "yes")

NOTE: some partner flights earn MQMs at reduced rates. See this chart for more info.

Newcomers may also be interested in the FlyerTalk Glossary
Print Wikipost

DL/Sky Team: 2019 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Old Nov 28, 2019, 8:45 am

Diamond by Eoy

Departure Airport: Mia(preferred) but can reposition
Miles Needed: 20,000
Required Spend or Budget: $1000-$1300
Available Travel Dates: Dec 15-?
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: yes
Old Nov 28, 2019, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by BeatBoy04
Departure Airport: Mia(preferred) but can reposition
Miles Needed: 20,000
Required Spend or Budget: $1000-$1300
Available Travel Dates: Dec 15-?
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: yes
Do you have a Chinese visa?

If you do, you can do MIA-PEK, Dec 27 - 29, $1646 (Premium Select) / $914 (MC), 20,000+ MQMs / 16,000 MQMs

Otherwise, two trips to Hawaii will get you the needed MQMs - about 10,000 MQMs each trip

Trips to OGG from MIA after Dec. 15 can be as low as $650 (BE) while LIH is as low as $723 (BE), use Delta Flexible date search with trip duration of 1 day

Last edited by canuck_traveler; Nov 28, 2019 at 10:11 am
Old Nov 28, 2019, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by canuck_traveler
Do you have a Chinese visa?

If you do, you can do MIA-PEK, Dec 27 - 29, $1646 (Premium Select) / $914 (MC), 20,000+ MQMs / 16,000 MQMs

Otherwise, two trips to Hawaii will get you the needed MQMs - about 10,000 MQMs each trip

Trips to OGG from MIA after Dec. 15 can be as low as $650 (BE) while LIH is as low as $723 (BE), use Delta Flexible date search with trip duration of 1 day
thanks. Any other airport like JFK or LAX have flight deals.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 10:51 am

Departure Airport: AUS preferred though SAT, DFW/DAL, IAH/HOU are options OR I'm willing to position if it's worth it (ex: booking into biz/1st)
Miles Needed: 3,507 to gold but prefer to get the extra 25k (28k total) to maintain platinum
Required Spend or Budget: as cheap as possible (I've met MQD waiver via cc send)
Available Travel Dates: Any except Dec 6-13th
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Either is fine

I thought I'd fly more this year but lots of things have happened that have prevented that. I just got back from a rum to LIM via DTW and ATL, landing in YYZ via ATL and DTW. I flew home via ATL/MCO/ATL and had intended to lengthen that as much as possible but this bomb cyclone and all of the cancelations kind of put a kink in that plan.

ETA: I do not have Chinese visa however I'm not opposed to doing an intra-Asian flight to do TWOV or doing an open jaw to get home from China. I'm also open to getting a visa, just not sure how long it would take given the EOY rush.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by BeatBoy04
thanks. Any other airport like JFK or LAX have flight deals.
I doubt it. For travel after Dec. 15, you are pretty much into the high season because of the Christmas holidays.

If you can get away for the MIA-JNB run that I mentioned earlier, that is probably your best bet.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by cute_lil_bmw
Departure Airport: AUS preferred though SAT, DFW/DAL, IAH/HOU are options OR I'm willing to position if it's worth it (ex: booking into biz/1st)
Miles Needed: 3,507 to gold but prefer to get the extra 25k (28k total) to maintain platinum
Required Spend or Budget: as cheap as possible (I've met MQD waiver via cc send)
Available Travel Dates: Any except Dec 6-13th
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Either is fine

I thought I'd fly more this year but lots of things have happened that have prevented that. I just got back from a rum to LIM via DTW and ATL, landing in YYZ via ATL and DTW. I flew home via ATL/MCO/ATL and had intended to lengthen that as much as possible but this bomb cyclone and all of the cancelations kind of put a kink in that plan.

ETA: I do not have Chinese visa however I'm not opposed to doing an intra-Asian flight to do TWOV or doing an open jaw to get home from China. I'm also open to getting a visa, just not sure how long it would take given the EOY rush.
Chinese visa is good for 10 years so you may want to consider getting it if your travels will take you that way in the next little while.

Dec 7 - 9, Virigin Atlantic, SFO-JNB, $1008 (Economy Delight), about 27,300 MQMs, flight leaves SFO at 5 or 9pm so you could reposition from AUS earlier in the day - repositioning flight will get you MQMs to go over 28,000
Old Nov 28, 2019, 11:15 am

I can't fly those dates. Hubby will be out of town so I'll have to be here to take care of the kids. Anything other than flying to JNB on Economy Delight? Like something with possibility of upgrade to lie-flat (I'm Plat now)?
Old Nov 28, 2019, 11:18 am

I can't fly those dates. Hubby will be out of town so I'll have to be here to take care of the kids. Anything other than flying to JNB on Economy Delight? Like something with possibility of upgrade to lie-flat (I'm Plat now)?
Sorry, I read your unavailable dates wrong. Let me take another look.

There is a Chinese consultate in Houston.

For international flights, you would need to use a GUC to upgrade to business class for the lie-flat

Last edited by canuck_traveler; Nov 28, 2019 at 11:24 am
Old Nov 28, 2019, 11:19 am

canuck, do you think LAX-JFK-MCO-JFK-LAX 6838 MQMs for $378 is a bad deal? I'd need to do this a few times but then this would also position me to LAX (possibly JFK and/or MCO?) to do something else? Looks like the LAX-JFK-LAX portions would have D1 upgrade possibility since I'd fly red-eye.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 11:21 am

canuck, do you think LAX-JFK-MCO-JFK-LAX 6838 MQMs for $378 is a bad deal? I'd need to do this a few times but then this would also position me to LAX (possibly JFK and/or MCO?) to do something else? Looks like the LAX-JFK-LAX portions would have D1 upgrade possibility since I'd fly red-eye.
That is a pretty good deal for this time of year, roughly 5.5 cents/mile
Old Nov 28, 2019, 11:34 am

Some thoughts:

Dec 1 - 4, China Eastern, LAX-MLE, $1200, about 23,000 MQMs, bookable on Expedia

Dec 2 - 4, China Eastern, LAX-SIN, $934, about 20,000 MQMs, bookable on Expedia

Dec 1 -3, China Eastern, LAX-AKL, $1537, about 24,500 MQMs, bookable on Expedia

From AUS: (the one to Jakarta looks good - also available for Dec 1 - 3)

Dec 2 - 4, Delta/Garuda, AUS-CGK, $1044, AUS-ATL-ICN-CGK-ICN-JFK-AUS, about 21, 200 MQMs, book on Delta website

Dec 27 - 29, Delta/Korean, AUS-MLE, $1930, AUS-LAX-ICN-CMB-MLE-CMB-ICN-SEA-AUS, about 22,000 MQMs, book on Delta website
cute_lil_bmw likes this.

Last edited by canuck_traveler; Nov 28, 2019 at 11:56 am Reason: add Delta options
Old Nov 28, 2019, 11:49 am

canuck, one more option I forgot...Amex international airline program. Would this make any difference?
Old Nov 28, 2019, 11:57 am

canuck, one more option I forgot...Amex international airline program. Would this make any difference?
I believe that gives discounted fares on business class tickets but I am not sure. I haven't used the program.
cute_lil_bmw likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 12:02 pm

JKFEZE posted a business class offering from YVR - BCN for $2215, earns about 25,000 MQMs and 33,000 RDMs

See thread: AM: YVR to BCN from USD 2215 and earn 6679 MQDs!
cute_lil_bmw likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 1:54 pm

Need last minute MQMs and MQDs for Gold!

Departure Airport: BOS (until Dec 19), JFK/LGA (Dec 19 onwards)

Miles Needed: 11,270 MQM and $2693 MQD to reach Gold Medallion

Required Spend or Budget: Ideally under $1k

Available Travel Dates: Dec 12-16, Dec 19-31

Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Codeshares are okay

My final exams are both on Dec 17 and my final assignment for this semester is due December 18; I also have a bus ticket from Boston --> NYC on Dec 19. I can travel from Boston the week before finals (Dec 12-16) or the weeks after from New York (Dec 19-31). Ideally, I can go to a city, stay for a few days & explore so I think somewhere in South America would help me get the MQMs and MQDs I need (possibly with AeroMexico?). Thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.