Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

DL/Sky Team: 2019 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2018, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required Spend or Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*:

For each response. Please quote the original request. DO NOT START A SEPARATE THREAD.

----

NOTE: You will have greater chances of success if you have greater flexibility on travel dates and cost. If you need a lot of MQMs on weekends only for < 5 cpm it probably won't happen.

Other creative possibilities depending how many MQMs you need:
----

*"Required Metal or Codeshares" is, approximately, asking whether you need a flight operated specifically by Delta or if partner flights are ok. If you are just looking for MQMs to hit a Medallion tier the normal way, then the answer is yes. If you are doing a status challenge, the answer is also probably yes, but read the T&C of your challenge carefully to be sure (for the regular status challenge the answer is also "yes")

NOTE: some partner flights earn MQMs at reduced rates. See this chart for more info.

Newcomers may also be interested in the FlyerTalk Glossary
Print Wikipost

DL/Sky Team: 2019 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2019, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by Jodi Moss
Any thoughts? Thank you!
Some additional information would be helpful: e.g. flying from where, travel availability, etc.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by Andre Brewer
Hi! I do not need MQDs as I believe that I will make the 15K needed for that. I am willing to fly whatever is most economical, gets me the MQMS and fits the dates of November 27th to December 2nd.
Do you have a Chinese visa?
Old Nov 15, 2019, 5:24 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
I wo would be flying from MSP, but willing to do ORD as well. Thanks! I am available the Tuesday, November 26th to Monday, December 2nd. I could also do most Wednesday to Thursday as well for a quick turnaround. THANKS!
Old Nov 15, 2019, 5:25 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
I do not.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by Andre Brewer
I do not.
Ok. Some considerations:

Delta, MSP - JNB, Nov 27 - Dec 1, $1701, 18,500 MQMs

Delta/Korean, MSP-BKK, Nov 29 - Dec 2, $1015, about 16,900 MQMs

Delta, MSP-KOA, Nov. 28, $889 (BE), about 8000 MQMs (Hawaiian Islands are all the $1000 price range over these dates), immediate turn

Delta/Korean, Nov 26 - 29, MSP-HKG, $881, about 16,000 MQMs (Manila, Taipei also available at slightly higher prices)

Use Delta flexible date search.
kt729 likes this.

Last edited by canuck_traveler; Nov 15, 2019 at 5:44 pm
Old Nov 15, 2019, 11:27 pm

2K MQMs to Silver

Hi. This is the first time I'm close to reaching status with Delta. Only need 1851 MQMs to reach Silver. Any suggestions on how to best achieve this? Appreciate the help!

Departure Airport: JFK/LGA
Miles Needed: 1851 MQMs
Available Travel Dates: 12/6-12/8, 12/21-12/23
Old Nov 16, 2019, 12:17 am

Programs: HH Diamond
I am pretty rusty looking for MRs as I have been out of the flying game for several years. But I am back in it a little bit and would like to make it to Silver.

Departure Airport: DTW (or FNT/LAN/TOL)
Miles Needed: 6,172 MQMs
Required Spend or Budget: MQDs: $1,304 (Budget: as cheaply as possible)
Available Travel Dates: Nov 21 after 6pm - Nov 24 need to be back by 6pm, Dec 2-7, Dec 16-21, Dec 29-31.
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: prefer DL but codeshares ok, just as long as I can be sure to not miss a requirement by a few hundred MQM or MQDs.

I would prefer to do a quick turnaround but can stay 1-2 days if that helps. Thank you for any help.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 1:09 am

Programs: Skymiles
Departure Airport: SFO/SMF
Miles Needed: 0 MQM / $4.5K MQDs
Required Spend or Budget: Lowest you can find, not sure how much money I need to spend to get 4.5 MQDs (Trying to get Diamond!)
Available Travel Dates: Now until December 31st (Avoiding Thanksgiving/Christmas)
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Any SkyTeam

Thanks!
Old Nov 16, 2019, 1:29 am

Originally Posted by eneq
So, the problem with the linked deal is that no one can get it price out correctly. I looked into it, and I can't find anything under $2k. Also, the reason the earnings are so high is because China Eastern changed their fare classes around. P used to be first class, but now its premium economy. Delta just hasn't updated their earning charts yet. Its up to you if you want to risk it.

Now, back to the MR request. Those MQD and MQM numbers are going to be really hard to hit in just one trip without spending over $5k. You can do two IAD-LHR-JNB roundtrips on Virgin in Premium (11/29-12/2, 12/5-12/8) for roughly $3.5k, and it will net you roughly $11,100 MQDs and a whopping 55k MQMs.

Are you familiar with Google Flights "Explore Destinations" tool?

sorry for late reply...didn’t get notification. Is it possible to contact anyone for the earning chart update...like you mentioned it’s a risk. And not a good time to gamble with it, since time of the essence.

But since I’ve seen that, I’ve been even trying to do the Rom-SYD....only problem I’m was/am having is finding a cheap ticket to there. Now that you mentioned no updates, it makes me even more nervous.

I’m not too familiar with google explore destinations unfortunately. I’m with basics as far as google flights....

In reference to that...is that something specific I should do? Thank you so much!!!
Old Nov 16, 2019, 6:42 am

Departure Airport: DTW
Miles Needed: ~9000
Required Spend or Budget: $1200 (13cpm?) -- I guess I can just buy the 10K MQM package for $3300 (barf)
Available Travel Dates: Best is Dec 27-31, but will happily look at any
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: If it earns MQM
Old Nov 16, 2019, 6:45 am

Programs: Skyteam
Smile

Originally Posted by canuck_traveler
Ok. Some considerations:

Delta, MSP - JNB, Nov 27 - Dec 1, $1701, 18,500 MQMs

Delta/Korean, MSP-BKK, Nov 29 - Dec 2, $1015, about 16,900 MQMs

Delta, MSP-KOA, Nov. 28, $889 (BE), about 8000 MQMs (Hawaiian Islands are all the $1000 price range over these dates), immediate turn

Delta/Korean, Nov 26 - 29, MSP-HKG, $881, about 16,000 MQMs (Manila, Taipei also available at slightly higher prices)

Use Delta flexible date search.
I am in Norfolk Virginia. Need about 4000 MQDs... Please help me find a partner deal that will get me the amount of MQDs to make Diamond. Thank you so very much
Old Nov 16, 2019, 6:48 am

Smile

Originally Posted by canuck_traveler
MQDs on partner airlines are calculated based on distance flown. JNB from the East coast is about 18,000 miles and 22,000 from the West Coast on Virgin Atlantic routings (they go through LHR). Economy Delight fares earn 25% of distance flown for the MQD calculation ( Delta partner earning chart.) If you want to earn a few more MQMs then you would probably fly from the West Coast.

The China Eastern flights, while less expensive, also don't earn as much MQD as the cheaper fares usually earn only 5% or 10% of distance flown.

Singapore and Johannesburg are the standard places to look for good fare prices / mileage earned and MQDs (at the present time.) If one doesn't care about MQDs then I would usually say that the best deals would be those cheap China Eastern flights to Asia.

Similarly, the longest domestic US flights are to the Hawaiian islands (roughly 10,000 MQMs) from the East Coast followed by a trip to Alaska (roughly 7500 MQMs). Once you know the basic distances between places, you can figure out the options pretty quickly. Flexible date search is your friend.

I should add that this is for Economy class fares. I don't have a clue about business/first class deals.

Crazy enough I am now in Singapore and need about 4k in MQDs. How do I check/look for options... looking to fly anywhere lowest cost possible. Thanks
Old Nov 16, 2019, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by Kshksh
Hi. This is the first time I'm close to reaching status with Delta. Only need 1851 MQMs to reach Silver. Any suggestions on how to best achieve this? Appreciate the help!

Departure Airport: JFK/LGA
Miles Needed: 1851 MQMs
Available Travel Dates: 12/6-12/8, 12/21-12/23
Just look for a flight that does not have a direct connection from JFK/LGA. Each flight leg gets a minimum 500 MQMs.

e.g. LGA-BNA, Dec 7, $188 (BE) / $258 (MC), about 2400 MQMs
Old Nov 16, 2019, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by pwius
Departure Airport: SFO/SMF
Required Spend or Budget: Lowest you can find, not sure how much money I need to spend to get 4.5 MQDs (Trying to get Diamond!)
Available Travel Dates: Now until December 31st (Avoiding Thanksgiving/Christmas)
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Any SkyTeam

Thanks!
Dec 6 - 8, Virgin Atlantic, SFO-JNB, $1008 (Economy Delight), $5519 MQD, 27,000 MQMs, depending on return flight chosen arrives back in SFO afternoon or evening of Dec 9
Old Nov 16, 2019, 9:49 am

Departure Airport: ORF/RIC/IAD/JFK
Required Spend or Budget: Lowest you can find (Trying to get Diamond!)
Available Travel Dates: Now until December 31st . prefer flying to Europe
Required Metal or Codeshares okay* Any SkyTeam

Thank you so much!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.