Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

DL/Sky Team: 2019 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Old Dec 31, 2018, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required Spend or Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*:

For each response. Please quote the original request. DO NOT START A SEPARATE THREAD.

----

NOTE: You will have greater chances of success if you have greater flexibility on travel dates and cost. If you need a lot of MQMs on weekends only for < 5 cpm it probably won't happen.

Other creative possibilities depending how many MQMs you need:
----

*"Required Metal or Codeshares" is, approximately, asking whether you need a flight operated specifically by Delta or if partner flights are ok. If you are just looking for MQMs to hit a Medallion tier the normal way, then the answer is yes. If you are doing a status challenge, the answer is also probably yes, but read the T&C of your challenge carefully to be sure (for the regular status challenge the answer is also "yes")

NOTE: some partner flights earn MQMs at reduced rates. See this chart for more info.

Newcomers may also be interested in the FlyerTalk Glossary
Print Wikipost

DL/Sky Team: 2019 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Old Sep 12, 2019, 12:56 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
This will be hard. You won't earn 150% MQMs with a $800 longhaul fare. I don't think SIN with a creative routing would be enough MQMs, although it would help to know *exactly* how many you need.
I can even scale it back to 16-20k if that makes it easier. I have a few trips coming up as well.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 1:42 pm

Departure Airport: Mia preferred (any In US)
Miles Needed: 40k (can be 2 separate trips)
Required Spend or Budget: 1,000
Available Travel Dates: sep - dec
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*:yes
Old Sep 12, 2019, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by canuck_traveler
There are some LAX-JNB fares on Delta in the $834 range for dates in November.

Also some deals on Virgin Atlantic LAX-JNB, $762 in Economy Classic and $982 in Economy Delight (earns 25% MQM bonus and 25% MQD) for November
Just wanted to circle back. I realized that I could use my Chase UR on the portal and use their expedia engine. I booked the following:

10/31-11/4
LAX-SIN (PVG layover)
Booking Class: T,B,B,T
$481.40 (32,093 UR points)
Expected MQDs: 1591.3

I should be able to meet the difference required to hit my platinum MQD requirement from other business travel. Now I just need to mentally prepare myself for the long economy flight on MU. Thanks again
Old Sep 12, 2019, 1:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by flying wine
I can even scale it back to 16-20k if that makes it easier. I have a few trips coming up as well.
How many miles do you really need? Otherwise, it's pointless.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
How many miles do you really need? Otherwise, it's pointless.
I will need 21,025 MQM.

If there is a trip that is close to this, I could do something domestic last min in December to get there. That is the only reason why I say I am flexible.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by BeatBoy04
Departure Airport: Mia preferred (any In US)
Miles Needed: 40k (can be 2 separate trips)
Required Spend or Budget: 1,000
Available Travel Dates: sep - dec
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*:yes
You are probably looking at repositioning to JFK and doing two trips to Singapore on China Eastern. Most likely $1000 will not be enough.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 2:24 pm

I will need 21,025 MQM.

If there is a trip that is close to this, I could do something domestic last min in December to get there. That is the only reason why I say I am flexible.
Is 18,400 MQMs close enough? Nov 9 - 10 (arrive back on 11th), JFK-JNB, $714 (before your voucher), bookable on Delta

or Save your voucher and

China Eastern, Oct. 26 - 27 (arrive back in NYC on Oct. 28), JFK-SIN, $580, about 21,800 MQMs, bookable on Expedia

Last edited by canuck_traveler; Sep 12, 2019 at 4:52 pm Reason: add China Eastern option
Old Sep 12, 2019, 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by canuck_traveler
Is 18,400 MQMs close enough? Nov 9 - 10 (arrive back on 11th), JFK-JNB, $714 (before your voucher), bookable on Delta

or Save your voucher and

China Eastern, Oct. 26 - 27 (arrive back in NYC on Oct. 28), JFK-SIN, $580, about 21,800 MQMs, bookable on Expedia
Is it ok to book this on Expedia? Meaning, will Delta give me a hard time about it when I am trying to convert it over to MQMs?
Old Sep 12, 2019, 6:46 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Is it ok to book this on Expedia? Meaning, will Delta give me a hard time about it when I am trying to convert it over to MQMs?
What is "convert it over to MQMs"? If your itinerary is booked in the qualifying fare classes / booking classes and you credit the flight to DL, yes you will get your MQMs. As always, save every boarding pass until after the flights post to your SkyMiles account.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by mnbp
What is "convert it over to MQMs"? If your itinerary is booked in the qualifying fare classes / booking classes and you credit the flight to DL, yes you will get your MQMs. As always, save every boarding pass until after the flights post to your SkyMiles account.

Sorry. My wording was wrong. New to this. Thank you for your help.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 6:28 am

DTW 22K

I need 22K miles in November/December for Diamond; home airport is DTW, totally flex in dates, prefer zero to 1 need for hotel stay, $1000 target. Looked at JFK-SIN but that seems to have gone away. Two 10K runs is fine but still targeting total $1K budget Tx in advance
Old Sep 13, 2019, 7:19 am
Suspended

Departure Airport: FRA; STR or DUS if substantially better MR is possible from there
Miles Needed: 4100 MQM
Required Spend or Budget: as cheap as possible, no more than 200 or 300 EUR, me thinks
Available Travel Dates: weekends from early October through mid-November; some Mondays in Oct/Nov, too
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Yes, codeshares okay.

Somebody recommended STR-AMS-CDG-OTP (or STR-CDG-AMS-OTP) return.

I cannot reproduce this at a decent price. The hub-to-hub leg is what seems to make it expensive. STR-AMS-OTP r/t or FRA-AMS-OTP r/t (I prefer the latter) I can find at decent prices. Same if I route through CDG. But not AMS and CDG at the same time.

Any alternatives? I would like to limit this MR to at most two days/one night.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Steveh0927
I need 22K miles in November/December for Diamond; home airport is DTW, totally flex in dates, prefer zero to 1 need for hotel stay, $1000 target. Looked at JFK-SIN but that seems to have gone away. Two 10K runs is fine but still targeting total $1K budget Tx in advance
EWR/JFK/IAD - JNB is available from $860 roundtrip in Economy Delight on Virgin Atlantic. Earns a little over 22K MQM's with 25% MQM bonus.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 9:33 am

Programs: UA*S, AA Plat, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Hi all, trying to get some MQMs to requalify before end-of-year. Crediting to DL.

Departure Airport: BOS
Miles Needed: 8200 MQM
Required Spend or Budget: Hopefully <$500, but can be flexible on that
Available Travel Dates: Weekends or any day trips; day trips preferred
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Anything works. Can go to Europe (excl. UK and Ireland) or Asia (even China). Preferably domestic though, can even do an exorbitant amount of segments to make it happen.

Thanks!
Old Sep 17, 2019, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by jimmielin
Hi all, trying to get some MQMs to requalify before end-of-year. Crediting to DL.

Departure Airport: BOS
Miles Needed: 8200 MQM
Required Spend or Budget: Hopefully <$500, but can be flexible on that
Available Travel Dates: Weekends or any day trips; day trips preferred
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Anything works. Can go to Europe (excl. UK and Ireland) or Asia (even China). Preferably domestic though, can even do an exorbitant amount of segments to make it happen.

Thanks!
Depending on routing chosen, a trip to Anchorage will get you the miles needed. Prices as low as $400 (BE) or $500 (MC).

A trip to Hawaii should get also you the miles you need. Some flights to OGG in the $560s. Requires red-eye flight after immediate turn in Hawaii.

Two trips to the West Coast will do it as well. Tickets from BOS to SFO or LAX (immediate turn) are available for $231 in November

Last edited by canuck_traveler; Sep 17, 2019 at 4:25 pm Reason: add West Coast option

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.