Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

DL/Sky Team: 2019 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2018, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required Spend or Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*:

For each response. Please quote the original request. DO NOT START A SEPARATE THREAD.

----

NOTE: You will have greater chances of success if you have greater flexibility on travel dates and cost. If you need a lot of MQMs on weekends only for < 5 cpm it probably won't happen.

Other creative possibilities depending how many MQMs you need:
----

*"Required Metal or Codeshares" is, approximately, asking whether you need a flight operated specifically by Delta or if partner flights are ok. If you are just looking for MQMs to hit a Medallion tier the normal way, then the answer is yes. If you are doing a status challenge, the answer is also probably yes, but read the T&C of your challenge carefully to be sure (for the regular status challenge the answer is also "yes")

NOTE: some partner flights earn MQMs at reduced rates. See this chart for more info.

Newcomers may also be interested in the FlyerTalk Glossary
Print Wikipost

DL/Sky Team: 2019 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2019, 4:35 pm

Programs: Flying Blue
I deleted my post because I found what I needed!

Last edited by flyarctic; Feb 21, 2019 at 9:10 am Reason: Problem solved
Old Feb 26, 2019, 9:41 pm

Departure Airport: Atlanta
Miles Needed: maximum MQM earrings (20k??) +
Required Spend or Budget: $1000 or less
Available Travel Dates: any Thursday, Friday, or Saturday starting in April
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: yes

So, I am an unfortunate soul that travels out of ATL on DL. I have no shot at getting upgrades, unless I am Platinum or higher medallion status(realistically). I travel every week for work, but not long haul flights. Per my calculations, I should reach Platinum status, but just simply cannot earn enough miles to reach Diamond. I’d like to get a mileage run in early this year with high MQM earnings and low cost. I am flexible for dates.

This is is my first ever post, I am a long time unregistered lurker. Thank you in advance for helping a newbie out.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 5:58 am

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by RNatlDLgal
Departure Airport: Atlanta
Miles Needed: maximum MQM earrings (20k??) +
Required Spend or Budget: $1000 or less
Available Travel Dates: any Thursday, Friday, or Saturday starting in April
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: yes

So, I am an unfortunate soul that travels out of ATL on DL. I have no shot at getting upgrades, unless I am Platinum or higher medallion status(realistically). I travel every week for work, but not long haul flights. Per my calculations, I should reach Platinum status, but just simply cannot earn enough miles to reach Diamond. I’d like to get a mileage run in early this year with high MQM earnings and low cost. I am flexible for dates.

This is is my first ever post, I am a long time unregistered lurker. Thank you in advance for helping a newbie out.
I'm also ATL-based. I did a SIN mileage run from IAH last year and found it to be quite easy. Required two separate tickets, ATL-IAH, IAH-DTW-NRT-SIN-NRT-DTW-IAH, IAH-ATL and netted over 20K MQM. Flight to IAH wasn't at all expensive and I paid just over $700 for the SIN ticket.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 6:05 am

Originally Posted by dcadwell
I'm also ATL-based. I did a SIN mileage run from IAH last year and found it to be quite easy. Required two separate tickets, ATL-IAH, IAH-DTW-NRT-SIN-NRT-DTW-IAH, IAH-ATL and netted over 20K MQM. Flight to IAH wasn't at all expensive and I paid just over $700 for the SIN ticket.
Forgive my ignorance, but how do you find that ticket and where? I don’t really know how to even begin to find something like that.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 6:49 pm

Forgive my ignorance, but how do you find that ticket and where? I don’t really know how to even begin to find something like that.

Most likely it was a ATL - IAH ticket for positioning. Then search on IAH-SIN and choose the option to route through DTW and NRT when presented with different routing options.

Take a look at the discussion thread regarding mileage runs to SIN: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mile...m-3-3-cpm.html

You may also want to consider a positioning flight to JFK and then taking a cheap China Eastern flight to SIN or maybe even MLE.

Last edited by canuck_traveler; Feb 27, 2019 at 6:54 pm Reason: add MU option
Old Mar 2, 2019, 2:32 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by canuck_traveler
Most likely it was a ATL - IAH ticket for positioning. Then search on IAH-SIN and choose the option to route through DTW and NRT when presented with different routing options.

Take a look at the discussion thread regarding mileage runs to SIN: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mile...m-3-3-cpm.html

You may also want to consider a positioning flight to JFK and then taking a cheap China Eastern flight to SIN or maybe even MLE.
Yep, Csfing1 gets some great fares on that thread. Another option would be AM to Centra/South America. If you repo to JFK you can get their 788/9 depending on the specific day, that's a pretty good ride. Otherwise I think it's mostly 737s out of ATL or ORD. I've used this 4 or 5 times over the last year or so to rack up a good bit of miles in decent comfort. AM continues the 787s down to SDU, or maybe EZE, someone else will know off the top of their head. I've continued on to LIM and UIO from MEX, both of those were on an angled seat 737. Quite the comedown after the 787 :<

Do be aware that MEX can be a major PITA for transiting, there are many, many discussions about that, Google it and you'll see. I've generally had good luck, my worst experience was coming in from ORD, the line went from nothing to 2 hrs in a very few minutes. I've always had good luck from JFK, though.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 2:37 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist

There are a fair number of tools you can use, definitely follow Csfing1s thread, also check out Google Flights, ITA Matrix, and Momondo, and believe it or not Expedia can be your friend too (think RT J from US to CPT or JNB with 2 weeks of hotel for $2500 or so on AF and KL).
Old Mar 3, 2019, 2:29 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Delta Skymiles PM, AA ExPlat, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold
Departure Airport: CHS
Miles Needed: As many as possible for a domestic day trip, more worried about fare than anything
Required Spend or Budget: $300 - $500
Available Travel Dates: Short Notice - Looking for between March 9 and March 17
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Delta

Thanks in advance!
Old Mar 3, 2019, 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by CAETravlr
Departure Airport: CHS
Miles Needed: As many as possible for a domestic day trip, more worried about fare than anything
Required Spend or Budget: $300 - $500
Available Travel Dates: Short Notice - Looking for between March 9 and March 17
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Delta

Thanks in advance!
A day trip to SEA (via ATL) is available for $258(BE) in your date range. Earns about 5300 MQM. Use Flexible date search on Delta with trip duration of 1 day.

Last edited by canuck_traveler; Mar 3, 2019 at 6:38 pm
Old Mar 4, 2019, 5:55 am

Programs: Delta PM

This is correct, ATL-IAH is a positioning ticket on a separate PNR.

I'm also considering the China Eastern fare to SIN this year, too.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by dcadwell
This is correct, ATL-IAH is a positioning ticket on a separate PNR.

I'm also considering the China Eastern fare to SIN this year, too.
Just doing a quick search, there are some tickets in the $580 range for November travel (e.g. Nov 5 - 7). Prices for March travel is in the mid $700s
Old Mar 11, 2019, 9:50 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold
Departure Airport: MAN or LHR
Miles Needed: MAX MQM
Required Spend or Budget: Y travel
Available Travel Dates: Summer '19
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Codeshare ok

All, I have several employer provided TATL "home visit" flights that I am unable to use for planned famliy travel. So instead would like to take several short trips to the US and pick destinations or routing that will maximize my DL MQM earnings. (don't need MQDs)

Any thoughts?
Old Mar 15, 2019, 8:29 am

Departure Airport: VIE
Miles Needed: 30XP min (2x business medium) for Air France FF
Required Spend or Budget: 300/400€
Available Travel Dates: from now until Autumn

if someone knows about something, thank you!
Old Mar 18, 2019, 7:11 pm

Just doing a quick search, there are some tickets in the $580 range for November travel (e.g. Nov 5 - 7). Prices for March travel is in the mid $700s

How do you estimate and calculate the MQMs earned for a flight like this? (I am assuming there fares are through booking on their direct website??)

Thanks for all of the advice so far. It is really helpful. I am slowly learning.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 9:49 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hilton Silver, UA Plat

How do you estimate and calculate the MQMs earned for a flight like this? (I am assuming there fares are through booking on their direct website??)

Thanks for all of the advice so far. It is really helpful. I am slowly learning.
MQMs are calculated as actual miles flown, usually a site like great circle mapper or the delta website itself can tell you MQMs earned. You may want to double check partners earn 100% MQMs....for MQDs it is based on the airline and class flown and it is calculate as a percentage of the distance flown. (i.e a K fare on Air France may earn 20%, so a JFK-CDG on air France is 3600 miles or 720 MQDs)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.