Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

DL/Sky Team: 2019 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

DL/Sky Team: 2019 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

    Hide Wikipost
Old Oct 19, 19, 10:32 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: Pat89339
Wiki Link
For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required Spend or Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*:


For each response. Please quote the original request. DO NOT START A SEPARATE THREAD.

----

NOTE: You will have greater chances of success if you have greater flexibility on travel dates and cost. If you need a lot of MQMs on weekends only for < 5 cpm it probably won't happen.

Other creative possibilities depending how many MQMs you need:
----

*"Required Metal or Codeshares" is, approximately, asking whether you need a flight operated specifically by Delta or if partner flights are ok. If you are just looking for MQMs to hit a Medallion tier the normal way, then the answer is yes. If you are doing a status challenge, the answer is also probably yes, but read the T&C of your challenge carefully to be sure (for the regular status challenge the answer is also "yes")

NOTE: some partner flights earn MQMs at reduced rates. See this chart for more info.

Newcomers may also be interested in the FlyerTalk Glossary
Print Wikipost

Old Aug 28, 19, 2:31 am
  #256  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 771
Originally Posted by flyingpigg View Post
Hey guys, going to be a little short on my gold status for next year. Looking for some help cheaply getting 12,000 mqm. I've already hit mqd. Spending a day or two in a city is more than ok!

Departure Airport: BOS
MQMs Needed: 12,000
Required Spend or Budget: no required spend,
Available Travel Dates: weekdays preferably, but after October 15.
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: yes
If you don't mind flying Economy,

Weekday day run to Hawaii with immediate turn start at $567 in your time frame listed. Earns about 10,000+ MQMs

Pick up remaining MQMs with short 4 segment trip from Boston (e.g. BOS-ROC via DTW, 2200 MQMs, $138)
flyingpigg likes this.
canuck_traveler is offline  
Old Aug 28, 19, 6:00 am
  #257  
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 16
DL from ATL

Departure Airport: ATL
Miles Needed: 4709 MQMs
Required Spend or Budget: Preferably $500 and under
Available Travel Dates: Any weekend through year-end
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*:
weaverswonders6 is offline  
Old Aug 28, 19, 8:43 am
  #258  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: ATL
Programs: DL DM/MM; Hilton Diamond; National Exec
Posts: 252
Originally Posted by weaverswonders6 View Post
Departure Airport: ATL
Miles Needed: 4709 MQMs
Required Spend or Budget: Preferably $500 and under
Available Travel Dates: Any weekend through year-end
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*:
ATL-UIO Friday evening out, 25 hours in Quito, and Saturday night red eye back earns 4,710 MQMs. Don’t think there’s enough time for an immediate turn. $489 Nov 8, 15, Dec 6 in basic economy. If you can leave Saturday evening and get back 6am Monday then $439 basic economy or $498 main economy on Sep 21, 28, Oct 19, 26.

Or $507 for ATL-CDG in basic economy out Friday Dec 6, back Sunday Dec 8. Earns 8,788 MQMs.

Last edited by ats262; Aug 28, 19 at 9:03 am Reason: Add another option
ats262 is offline  
Old Aug 28, 19, 2:51 pm
  #259  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: ATL
Programs: DL DM/MM; Hilton Diamond; National Exec
Posts: 252
Originally Posted by flyingpigg View Post
Hey guys, going to be a little short on my gold status for next year. Looking for some help cheaply getting 12,000 mqm. I've already hit mqd. Spending a day or two in a city is more than ok!

Departure Airport: BOS
MQMs Needed: 12,000
Required Spend or Budget: no required spend,
Available Travel Dates: weekdays preferably, but after October 15.
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: yes
If you have a visa for China, there are $585 mid-week fares BOS-DTW-PEK that earn over 14k MQMs but it does require an overnight stay in PEK. With creative routing you can drive the MQMs up to 18k for only a few dollars more.
ats262 is offline  
Old Aug 29, 19, 8:44 am
  #260  
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Programs: delta
Posts: 2
delta milage run

hi all;

need 14,500 MQM or 15 segments . live in Atlanta but don't want to do international run. any suggestions??
jmh55atl is offline  
Old Aug 29, 19, 1:50 pm
  #261  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 771
Originally Posted by jmh55atl View Post
hi all;

need 14,500 MQM or 15 segments . live in Atlanta but don't want to do international run. any suggestions??
Welcome to the forum.

What is your budget? Travel availability? Need MQDs?
canuck_traveler is offline  
Old Aug 29, 19, 3:51 pm
  #262  
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Programs: Delta DM, AS MVP Gold 75K
Posts: 323
Originally Posted by xliioper View Post
You are getting confused. Fare basis code is not the same as fare booking class. The second to last letter is a 'C' which indicates it is an Economy Delight fare and all Economy Delight fares book into 'V' booking class. Mileage is awarded based on the booking class, not the fare basis code. The fact that the first letter of the fare basis code is an 'O' is not relevant.
If that's the case would this dummy booking in Premium Economy (OLRP7SMN) earn less than a Economy Delight ticket that's half the price? Seems like VS is pulling a fast one if that's true.

OPS
mattya9 is offline  
Old Aug 29, 19, 5:47 pm
  #263  
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Programs: delta
Posts: 2
travel open. I'm halfway thru to silver medallion so all I need is 14500 MQM’s or 15 segments
I was thinking atl -sea for appox 4000 mqms
jmh55atl is offline  
Old Aug 29, 19, 6:17 pm
  #264  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 771
Originally Posted by jmh55atl View Post
travel open. I'm halfway thru to silver medallion so all I need is 14500 MQMs or 15 segments
I was thinking atl -sea for appox 4000 mqms
You may want to consider doing several segment runs. e.g. ATL-DTW-LAN-DTW-ATL with various dates at $200 so four trips will get you 16 segments

A mileage run to Hawaii is 8000+ MQMs, Anchorage is 7000+ MQMs
Pocatello likes this.
canuck_traveler is offline  
Old Aug 30, 19, 7:29 am
  #265  
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: New York
Programs: Delta PM
Posts: 83
I just booked a VS JFK-LHR-JNB PE ticked that shows H and K tickets on the receipt. The fare code is OXXXXXX. Based on the above discussion I should still expect to earn 30% MQDs and 150% MQMs?
danielvdm is offline  
Old Aug 30, 19, 11:14 am
  #266  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: ATL
Programs: DL DM/MM; Hilton Diamond; National Exec
Posts: 252
Originally Posted by danielvdm View Post
I just booked a VS JFK-LHR-JNB PE ticked that shows H and K tickets on the receipt. The fare code is OXXXXXX. Based on the above discussion I should still expect to earn 30% MQDs and 150% MQMs?
Yes, as long as they have been booked with VS flight numbers you will earn those miles.
ats262 is offline  
Old Aug 30, 19, 1:00 pm
  #267  
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Programs: Delta Skymiles, AA Advantage, Hertz, National, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors
Posts: 2
Reaching for Diamond

Departure Airport: NYC Area
Miles Needed: 25K before end of year
Required Spend or Budget: little as possible
Available Travel Dates: before end of year, flexible schedule, looking for best deals
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: SkyTeam/Delta

Ive planned out my work trips for the rest of the year, Im going to be about 25k short of Diamond. Already gotten all the CC bonuses I can get this year.

Wilky323 is offline  
Old Aug 30, 19, 9:23 pm
  #268  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 771
Originally Posted by Wilky323 View Post
Departure Airport: NYC Area
Miles Needed: 25K before end of year
Required Spend or Budget: little as possible
Available Travel Dates: before end of year, flexible schedule, looking for best deals
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: SkyTeam/Delta

I’ve planned out my work trips for the rest of the year, I’m going to be about 25k short of Diamond. Already gotten all the CC bonuses I can get this year.



e.g. JFK-SIN, China Eastern, Nov 5-7, $507, 21,000+MQMs, bookable on Expedia. Then MR to the West Coast to pick up remaining miles e.g. JFK-LAX, Sept 24, $231, about 4500 MQMs

e.g. JFK-MEL, China Eastern, Nov 5-7, $861, about 24,500 MQMs, bookable on Expedia. Then short flight to pick up remaining miles .e.g JFK-ROC, Oct. 5, $111

Last edited by canuck_traveler; Aug 31, 19 at 7:31 am Reason: add Melbourne option and filling out remaining miles
canuck_traveler is offline  
Old Aug 31, 19, 9:23 am
  #269  
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 4
Departure Airport: ORF, can rebase to JFK if necessary
Miles Needed: 23k MQM to Gold
Required Spend or Budget: $2800 MQD
Available Travel Dates: late October/early November
Required Metal or Codeshares okay:
Yes

Trying to retain Gold status, missed out on two international travel opportunities for work this year so I'm having to make do with paying out of pocket and burning vacation time instead of getting reimbursed and compensated by work.
kingkazul400 is offline  
Old Sep 1, 19, 4:38 am
  #270  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 771
Originally Posted by kingkazul400 View Post
Departure Airport: ORF, can rebase to JFK if necessary
Miles Needed: 23k MQM to Gold
Required Spend or Budget: $2800 MQD
Available Travel Dates: late October/early November
Required Metal or Codeshares okay:
Yes

Trying to retain Gold status, missed out on two international travel opportunities for work this year so I'm having to make do with paying out of pocket and burning vacation time instead of getting reimbursed and compensated by work.
How about JFK-JNB on Virgin Atlantic? about 25,000 MQMs, $5000 MQD, Nov 8 - 10, $904, Economy Delight class
canuck_traveler is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread