Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

AA/One World: 2019 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2018, 10:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
Requesters and responders, please read this wiki before posting.
In order to organize Mileage/Status/Challenge Run threads, the Moderators have decided to create a consolidated thread. This is the thread for American Airlines.

For each request:
  1. do a search on your departure airport(s) to see if there's a MR already posted that might fit your need
  2. if you don't find what you need, post your request using the standardized format shown below in this wiki
  3. it's nice form to acknowledge the responder with a post indicating whether the assistance worked for you or not. This helps everyone learn about successful runs
  4. if several days have gone by and you have not received a reply, bump up your original post with a (gentle) re-ask. It might be your post was missed in the fray
For each response:
  1. quote the original request
  2. include the route cities, price, airline, cabin/class, EQMs/EQDs, and dates for the solution(s) found
  3. whenever possible, include a link to the solution as found on Google Flights, or attach as screen print of the solution if from another source

For each request, use this format as shown. A glossary follows to clarify each entry.

Departure Airport(s):
EQMs or EQSs Needed:
EQDs Needed:
Max Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Max # Travel Nights:
AA only, or Partners Okay:
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N):

If there is additional information you'd like to share that is pertinent to your request, feel free to add it after this standardized request format.

GLOSSARY:
Departure Airport(s): list the airport codes of any airports you can depart from, identifying preferred airports if any
EQMs or EQSs Needed: the number of each/either that you need to reach status. Please be as precise as possible, as some MRs can be within a few of your goal.
EQDs Needed: the number that you need to reach status. Please be as precise as possible, as some MRs can be within a few of your goal.
Max Budget: the maximum amount you're willing to spend to reach status. Less is always preferable, but a max is an important factor. Please make this a realistic number for your goal.
Available Travel Dates: list the range of dates you're available. The more you list, the better your chances of getting a good MR.
Max # Travel Nights: the maximum number of nights you're willing to be away. The nights might be at the destination or at a layover city. If cannot be gone overnight at all, list 0 or "day run only". Again, please make this realistic for your goal.
AA only, or Partners Okay: if you want to only AA-coded flights (e.g. for upgrades, etc), then list "AA only". If you are okay with flying on partners (especially useful for EQD runs), then list "either".
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): if you have a Chinese visa that will be valid at the time of the MR, then list "Y". Many good MRs have destinations in China, but you need a visa for those destinations.

(Note: Added this info from the OP to wiki for greater visibility to posters.)
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2019, 4:46 am

Originally Posted by Whodunit68

Welcome. Please read the sticky at the top of this thread as we will need some more information to help you.
sorry I missed that.

Departure Airport(s): CLT/RDU/GSO/GSP/ATL/CHS
EQMs or EQSs Needed: EQS - shooting for any early status upgrade to PP
EQDs Needed:
Max Budget: 1000
Available Travel Dates: 04/26 - 04/28 and going forward (weekends is better than weekdays)
Max # Travel Nights: no limits
AA only, or Partners Okay: If partners works for EQS, then partners are fine
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): N
Old May 2, 2019, 6:44 am

Programs: AA
No kids this weekend

Recently divorced and job change want to keep my platinum pro any mileage runs are appreciated this and any other weekend specials this weekend?

Departure Airport(s):MIA
EQMs or EQSs Needed: ANY AS LONG A: ANY AS LONG AS I KEEP PP BY YEARS ENDS Il
EQDs Needed:: ANY AS LONG AS I KEEP PP BY YEARS END
Max Budget: $500
Available Travel Dates: every other weekend starting this weekend
Max # Travel Nights:
AA only, or Partners Okay: Partners OK
Old May 2, 2019, 7:11 am

Programs: AA EP (life Gold), Global Entry, TSA Pre-Check, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by campanones
Recently divorced and job change want to keep my platinum pro any mileage runs are appreciated this and any other weekend specials this weekend?

Departure Airport(s):MIA
EQMs or EQSs Needed: ANY AS LONG A: ANY AS LONG AS I KEEP PP BY YEARS ENDS Il
EQDs Needed:: ANY AS LONG AS I KEEP PP BY YEARS END
Max Budget: $500
Available Travel Dates: every other weekend starting this weekend
Max # Travel Nights:
AA only, or Partners Okay: Partners OK
Suggestion - max # travel nights is important as 3-day or 7-day minimums for great fares come up often.
You wrote that you're trying to keep PP which is great but if you could share how far away you are/how much you need, that will also help.
Old May 2, 2019, 7:32 am

2-3 nights max preferably- I am at 13k currently but have two minimum trips to Spain in PE. Not trying to get it done overnight. Hopefully weekend trips when not with kids. Thank you for helping!!
Old May 2, 2019, 7:57 am

Programs: AA EP (life Gold), Global Entry, TSA Pre-Check, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
2-3 nights max preferably- I am at 13k currently but have two minimum trips to Spain in PE. Not trying to get it done overnight. Hopefully weekend trips when not with kids. Thank you for helping!!
sorry (or congrats) for the divorce. Thank you for providing the extra information.

there are many MIA-Madrid flights hovering in the ~$500 (some are $20-$30 less) arena with 1-day turns, even this weekend ($492). I suppose you already know but that's ~8900 miles per trip. To be honest, for big trips ex-MIA at this time of year, that might be your best bet unless you're willing to pickup a Chinese visa in Houston. Maybe someone else has something up his or her sleeve?
Old May 4, 2019, 5:19 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Oneworld pleb, Accors Hotel Gold
Hey guys, would appreciate some inputs on how to maximise my miles/XP run. I need to travel to Sydney from Amsterdam but I do not want to overly spend so perhaps would be ideal to see if I can have a nice balance of a good budget and more miles. I am with British Airways so...

Destination: Sydney (could do Melbourne too)
Departure: Amsterdam (can reposition if cheaper flights)
Dates: August-September 2019 (3 weeks)
Notes: Can do a stop over in Southeast Asia (Singapore, BKK, KL) if it can help maximise the XP
Budget: 1000-1200 EUR
Old May 4, 2019, 5:41 am

Originally Posted by Whodunit68
sorry (or congrats) for the divorce. Thank you for providing the extra information.

there are many MIA-Madrid flights hovering in the ~$500 (some are $20-$30 less) arena with 1-day turns, even this weekend ($492). I suppose you already know but that's ~8900 miles per trip. To be honest, for big trips ex-MIA at this time of year, that might be your best bet unless you're willing to pickup a Chinese visa in Houston. Maybe someone else has something up his or her sleeve?

thank you just wanting to try a different route since I have to go to Spain twice this year.
Old May 5, 2019, 7:59 am

thank you just wanting to try a different route since I have to go to Spain twice this year.
I figured you would prefer an alternate destination but without a Chinese visa, that's the best deal I found.
You could construct something via LAX to HKG as there are some deals going but tough to do in a weekend. Sorry I couldn't help more.
Old May 5, 2019, 8:20 am

Omg thank you!! Assuming no visa needed for HKG?
Old May 5, 2019, 9:00 am

Omg thank you!! Assuming no visa needed for HKG?
if you are a US passport holder, that is correct - No visa is required.
Old May 5, 2019, 10:42 am

Thank you
Old May 6, 2019, 9:25 pm

Programs: AA, DL, UA, AS
I was targeted for Platinum/Platinum Pro Challenge beginning of the year.
EQD left for Platinum is 51, Platinum Pro 951
EQM left for Platinum 2278, Platinum Pro 9778

Due to last minute realization of this, and next flights will not be until end of May (Memorial Day weekend) and already booked with another Airline for a 3 leg flight before receiving the promotion, in addition, this weekend being Mother's day, prices are high, I'm opting to go with Platinum Mileage Run. Flying to NRT or HKG will cover the EQM on Main Cabin, it will not cover the EQD unless I fly with Premium Economy, which we already get comped seats for as Platinum doesn't make sense...

Home Airport : LAX

Is it worth it to do a Mileage Run LAX-DFW same day, hop on and off plane this weekend, hopefully close one of the gates is close to Centurion lounge, to retain status until Jan. 31, 2020. Due to plans already planned May onwards, the Platinum status will be retained for 2020. Also, transferring back from Delta as they've messed my trips last year (too much plane issues that caused me to miss several flights and had to be rerouted).
Old May 8, 2019, 3:57 am

Programs: AS MVPG75k, AA Plat
Originally Posted by kvginc
Is it worth it to do a Mileage Run LAX-DFW same day, hop on and off plane this weekend, hopefully close one of the gates is close to Centurion lounge, to retain status until Jan. 31, 2020. Due to plans already planned May onwards, the Platinum status will be retained for 2020. Also, transferring back from Delta as they've messed my trips last year (too much plane issues that caused me to miss several flights and had to be rerouted).
I mean, Platinum is OWS, so if you'll be flying internationally this year on Oneworld, then yes it'd probably make sense to fulfill the Plat challenge.
Old May 9, 2019, 7:08 pm

Programs: AA, DL, UA, AS
Originally Posted by Unionruler
I mean, Platinum is OWS, so if you'll be flying internationally this year on Oneworld, then yes it'd probably make sense to fulfill the Plat challenge.
Thanks, tickets booked Tuesday, and yes, will fly internationally this year on Oneworld. I could do Gold, through BusinessExtra, but I think it is useless.Was even thinking of going to NRT this weekend to go Platinum Pro, but, it's Mother's day weekend.
Old May 9, 2019, 8:38 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75k, AA Plat
Originally Posted by kvginc
Thanks, tickets booked Tuesday, and yes, will fly internationally this year on Oneworld. I could do Gold, through BusinessExtra, but I think it is useless.Was even thinking of going to NRT this weekend to go Platinum Pro, but, it's Mother's day weekend.
It's okay, Plat Pro isn't all that useful a tier, unless one flies so much AA domestically that not burning vouchers is important

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.