Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

AA/One World: 2019 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2018, 10:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
Requesters and responders, please read this wiki before posting.
In order to organize Mileage/Status/Challenge Run threads, the Moderators have decided to create a consolidated thread. This is the thread for American Airlines.

For each request:
  1. do a search on your departure airport(s) to see if there's a MR already posted that might fit your need
  2. if you don't find what you need, post your request using the standardized format shown below in this wiki
  3. it's nice form to acknowledge the responder with a post indicating whether the assistance worked for you or not. This helps everyone learn about successful runs
  4. if several days have gone by and you have not received a reply, bump up your original post with a (gentle) re-ask. It might be your post was missed in the fray
For each response:
  1. quote the original request
  2. include the route cities, price, airline, cabin/class, EQMs/EQDs, and dates for the solution(s) found
  3. whenever possible, include a link to the solution as found on Google Flights, or attach as screen print of the solution if from another source

For each request, use this format as shown. A glossary follows to clarify each entry.

Departure Airport(s):
EQMs or EQSs Needed:
EQDs Needed:
Max Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Max # Travel Nights:
AA only, or Partners Okay:
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N):

If there is additional information you'd like to share that is pertinent to your request, feel free to add it after this standardized request format.

GLOSSARY:
Departure Airport(s): list the airport codes of any airports you can depart from, identifying preferred airports if any
EQMs or EQSs Needed: the number of each/either that you need to reach status. Please be as precise as possible, as some MRs can be within a few of your goal.
EQDs Needed: the number that you need to reach status. Please be as precise as possible, as some MRs can be within a few of your goal.
Max Budget: the maximum amount you're willing to spend to reach status. Less is always preferable, but a max is an important factor. Please make this a realistic number for your goal.
Available Travel Dates: list the range of dates you're available. The more you list, the better your chances of getting a good MR.
Max # Travel Nights: the maximum number of nights you're willing to be away. The nights might be at the destination or at a layover city. If cannot be gone overnight at all, list 0 or "day run only". Again, please make this realistic for your goal.
AA only, or Partners Okay: if you want to only AA-coded flights (e.g. for upgrades, etc), then list "AA only". If you are okay with flying on partners (especially useful for EQD runs), then list "either".
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): if you have a Chinese visa that will be valid at the time of the MR, then list "Y". Many good MRs have destinations in China, but you need a visa for those destinations.

(Note: Added this info from the OP to wiki for greater visibility to posters.)
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2019, 5:47 pm

Programs: aa EP, delta platinum
Depart Houston, TXIAH to Bangkok, Thailand BKK

Monday, September 2, 2019

8:00 AM 5:00 AM
33h 0m
2 stops Opens 2 stops pop-up for IAH to BKK, departing at 8:00 AM
DFW - Dallas Fort Worth International , NRT - Tokyo Narita change airport , HND - Tokyo Haneda ,
2 stops Opens 2 stops pop-up for IAH to BKK, departing at 8:00 AM
DFW - Dallas Fort Worth International , NRT - Tokyo Narita change airport , HND - Tokyo Haneda ,
33h 0m(DFW-NRT/HND)
IAH - DFW AA 2378 738-Boeing 737 Wi-Fi on-board Power on-boardDFW - NRT AA 61 772-Boeing 777 Wi-Fi on-boardHND - BKK AA 8485 777-Boeing 777 Wi-Fi on-board
Operated by Japan Airlines
Connecting airports are different
Main Cabin
Return
Bangkok, ThailandBKK to Houston, TX IAH

Thursday, September 5, 2019

8:05 AM 11:31 PM
27h 26m
3 stops Opens 3 stops pop-up for BKK to IAH, departing at 8:05 AM
NRT - Tokyo Narita , LAX - Los Angeles International , PHX - Phoenix Sky Harbor Intl ,
3 stops Opens 3 stops pop-up for BKK to IAH, departing at 8:05 AM
NRT - Tokyo Narita , LAX - Los Angeles International , PHX - Phoenix Sky Harbor Intl ,
27h 26m
BKK - NRT AA 8412 788-Boeing 787 Wi-Fi on-board
NRT - LAX AA 170 789-Boeing 787 Wi-Fi on-boardLAX - PHX AA 899 321-Airbus A321 Wi-Fi on-boardPHX - IAH AA 5879 CR9-Canadair RJ 900 Wi-Fi on-board
Operated by Mesa Airlines As American Eagle
Overnight flight or connection, Change terminals

sep2-5 $ 750 19366
you can take 3 trips for $2100 58000 miles
there are lot of dates available in September with 1 to 4 nights
Old Jun 23, 2019, 5:59 pm

Programs: aa EP, delta platinum
=
Depart
Chicago, IL to Bangkok, Thailand

Friday, August 30, 2019

ORD - DFW AA 328 738-Boeing 737 Wi-Fi on-board Power on-board DFW - HKG AA 125 77W-Boeing 777 Wi-Fi on-board HKG - BKK AA 8919 330-Airbus A330
Operated by Cathay Pacific Airways
Main Cabin Flexible
  1. Details, for ORD to BKK, departing at 5:15 AM 2 stops
  2. Change for ORD to BKK, departing at 5:15 AM 2 stops
Return
Bangkok, Thailand to Chicago, IL

Wednesday, September 4, 2019

BKK - NRT AA 8412 788-Boeing 787 Wi-Fi on-board
NRT - SAN AA 8480 788-Boeing 787 Wi-Fi on-board
SAN - ORD AA 2845 738-Boeing 737 Wi-Fi on-board Power on-board Please note connection time, Overnight flight or connection
there are lot of flights to Bangkok $800 1-4 nights 19000 miles
check on aa.com
Main Cabin Flexible
  1. Details, for BKK to ORD, departing at 8:05 AM 2 stops
  2. Change for BKK
pkuehnel likes this.

Last edited by prasadv1; Jun 23, 2019 at 6:10 pm Reason: instead of text i posted html script
Old Jun 24, 2019, 12:09 pm

Programs: AA - EXP
Departure Airport(s): NY (can reposition within reason)
EQMs or EQSs: 0 (good on these!)
EQDs Needed: $1500-2000
Max Budget: $1000-$1250
Available Travel Dates: Already have travel planned 9/24 - 10/17 and 11/22 - 12/3
Max # Travel Nights: 5-7
AA only, or Partners Okay: PartnersPrefered
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): No, but no issues obtaining if worthwhile

Going to be somewhere between 1500 - 2000 EQD's short of Ex Plat. It's worth around $1000-$1250 for me to get an extra bag OW Emerald. Open to ideas! I have family in London and Edinburgh so this would be ideal. Sitting on around about 150k Amex points at the moment so could utilize those if a one way J ticket makes sens.

Thank you!

Last edited by mosfet; Jun 24, 2019 at 12:18 pm
Old Jun 24, 2019, 8:53 pm

Programs: HHonors Dia, Priority Club Plat, Marriott, SPG, Htz Gold
I, too, am looking to make Platinum Promotion and am watching responses to all others already posted.

Departure Airport(s): CRW (It's a given I will need to travel to start the trip)
EQMs or EQSs Needed: 20,000
EQDs Needed: $2,400
Max Budget: I know its going to cosr.
Available Travel Dates: now to September 25
Max # Travel Nights: max 2 per trip, can take a few
AA only, or Partners Okay: American, American Eagle®, British Airways, Finnair, Iberia and Japan Airlines
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): Yes

Thanks!

Last edited by smithit; Jun 24, 2019 at 8:54 pm Reason: verb tense
Old Jun 26, 2019, 1:35 pm

Check PE flights through DFW to KOA, HNL, OGG. I’ve been able to find some good out and back itineraries that return to DC area about 28 hours after departure and net 13-14k EQM for $650-750. Not the very best EQM/dollar but a nice blend of EQM/dollar vs. time away from home base. You may be able to position to DCA or BWI. Or find similar fares out of PIT or CVG, which are driveable from Charleston. Book as a special fare for a big boost to EQD.
smithit and tartantroozers like this.

Last edited by WASBased; Jun 26, 2019 at 1:40 pm Reason: Extra info ...
Old Jun 27, 2019, 7:52 am

Programs: AA EP, HH LT Diamond
First time posting in this section so I apologize if I'm not asking the right questions. For whatever reason, I can never seem to find anything that works for me on my own so I'm reaching out to the experts. I basically have some time off so am looking to get away for a couple days and either pay for J or use my SWU's while also earning some EQMs to maintain my EP status as travel for the second half of this year is a bit uncertain. If domestic I would like to pay for J. If international, I'd pay for Y and try to use my SWUs. I have an ExpertFlyer subscription if that helps.

Departure Airport(s): DCA/IAD
EQMs or EQSs Needed: No requirement
EQDs Needed: No requirement
Max Budget: ~$1000
Available Travel Dates: Week of 7/19 - 7/28 or Week of 8/30 - 9/8
Max # Travel Nights: 2-5
AA only, or Partners Okay: Either
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): N
Old Jun 27, 2019, 11:25 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
Originally Posted by pdac1975
I basically have some time off so am looking to get away for a couple days and either pay for J or use my SWU's while also earning some EQMs to maintain my EP status as travel for the second half of this year is a bit uncertain. If domestic I would like to pay for J. If international, I'd pay for Y and try to use my SWUs. I have an ExpertFlyer subscription if that helps.
Have you looked on Google Flights? I see plenty of economy availability from DC to Europe (London, Paris, etc) for under $1k for the first week of September. If you don't want to burn a SWU, PE is also available to some locations for about $1k (Barcelona, Madrid, etc).
Old Jun 27, 2019, 6:27 pm

Programs: AA EP, HH LT Diamond
Thank you! I did look on Google flights but for some reason didn't see that. I know I'm doing something wrong! I'll try again. Is there a way to look at flexible dates?
Thanks again!
Old Jul 1, 2019, 9:30 am

Programs: AA
Departure Airport(s): JFK, LGA, EWR
EQMs or EQSs Needed: 6100
EQDs Needed:0
Max Budget: N/A
Available Travel Dates: weekends
Max # Travel Nights: 2
AA only, or Partners Okay: both

Any popular cheap international or domestic routes that might yield my required EQMs?
Old Jul 1, 2019, 12:10 pm

Departure Airport(s): ORD
EQMs or EQSs Needed: 8,000
EQDs Needed:0
Max Budget: $500
Available Travel Dates: Must be prior to 9/25/19
Max # Travel Nights: 1
AA only, or Partners Okay: AA, AY, BA, IB, JL

Last edited by thetaxman29; Jul 1, 2019 at 12:33 pm
Old Jul 1, 2019, 1:05 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
Originally Posted by pdac1975
Is there a way to look at flexible dates?
Yes, you need to put in a region and not an exact place or airport. For example, your origination city airport is okay but for destination put "Europe" and you'll be able to click the date field and switch it to flexible dates. Make sure you narrow by airline/alliance and # of stops if that matters to you.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 3:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Premier Plat, Alaska MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
Departure Airport: AUS
Miles Needed: 38000 base miles (flight miles) for MM status
Required Spend or Budget: Negotiable, looking for cheapest options
Available Travel Dates: Negotiable, would prefer short travel windows (immediate turns)
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: Oneworld metal

Looking at things like AUS-ORD-HEL-NRT and back, 20K miles for $2,000, but know I can probably do better... willing to work around fare sales, consider multiple domestic runs
Old Jul 4, 2019, 1:14 am

Programs: BA Gold; AA Lfe Time PLT ; Marriott Titanium, LFT GLD
Mileage runs out of AUS

Originally Posted by mreed911
Available Travel Dates: Negotiable, would prefer short travel windows (immediate turns)

Looking at things like AUS-ORD-HEL-NRT and back, 20K miles for $2,000, but know I can probably do better... willing to work around fare sales, consider multiple domestic runs
It is extremely difficult to get good international prices from AUS. Take a look at flights originating from JFK, MIA or LAX. Taking a posiionting flight the these cities is often quite reasonable.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 1:59 am

Programs: AA EP (life Gold), Global Entry, TSA Pre-Check, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by nonesuch flyer
It is extremely difficult to get good international prices from AUS. Take a look at flights originating from JFK, MIA or LAX. Taking a positioning flight the these cities is often quite reasonable.
I have to do the same as my home airport is GNV. Finding inexpensive fares is virtually impossible so I do exactly this - NYC, LAX, SFO as my origins and book an inexpensive Y ticket to get me to the NYC, LAX, or SFO.
I always start with my home airport (and add those +/- 2 1/2 hours drive away but often end up with something like the above.
So your trip may be: AUS->DFW->LAX +LAX->HKG->LAX +DFW->AUS booked as 2 trips, 1 inside the other.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 8:36 am

Programs: QF SG(LTS) - AA LTG(1MM)
Originally Posted by mreed911

Look at the One World Explorer thread in the One World Alliance section. In particular the FAQs and pricing threads.
This is a 12 month ticket.
There are some locations where the economy ticket (LONEx) are quite reasonably priced. Since most cheaper starting points are not in the USA, turn it into a multi-threaded trip with a USA stopover or some cheaper returns.
40K miles in L class isn't that hard to do. Most of the "discussion" is about business class but there are plenty of people wanting the cheapest round the world fares - which of course is in Y.

Happy wandering
Fred

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.