Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

AA/One World: 2019 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Old Dec 31, 2018, 10:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
Requesters and responders, please read this wiki before posting.
In order to organize Mileage/Status/Challenge Run threads, the Moderators have decided to create a consolidated thread. This is the thread for American Airlines.

For each request:
  1. do a search on your departure airport(s) to see if there's a MR already posted that might fit your need
  2. if you don't find what you need, post your request using the standardized format shown below in this wiki
  3. it's nice form to acknowledge the responder with a post indicating whether the assistance worked for you or not. This helps everyone learn about successful runs
  4. if several days have gone by and you have not received a reply, bump up your original post with a (gentle) re-ask. It might be your post was missed in the fray
For each response:
  1. quote the original request
  2. include the route cities, price, airline, cabin/class, EQMs/EQDs, and dates for the solution(s) found
  3. whenever possible, include a link to the solution as found on Google Flights, or attach as screen print of the solution if from another source

For each request, use this format as shown. A glossary follows to clarify each entry.

Departure Airport(s):
EQMs or EQSs Needed:
EQDs Needed:
Max Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Max # Travel Nights:
AA only, or Partners Okay:
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N):

If there is additional information you'd like to share that is pertinent to your request, feel free to add it after this standardized request format.

GLOSSARY:
Departure Airport(s): list the airport codes of any airports you can depart from, identifying preferred airports if any
EQMs or EQSs Needed: the number of each/either that you need to reach status. Please be as precise as possible, as some MRs can be within a few of your goal.
EQDs Needed: the number that you need to reach status. Please be as precise as possible, as some MRs can be within a few of your goal.
Max Budget: the maximum amount you're willing to spend to reach status. Less is always preferable, but a max is an important factor. Please make this a realistic number for your goal.
Available Travel Dates: list the range of dates you're available. The more you list, the better your chances of getting a good MR.
Max # Travel Nights: the maximum number of nights you're willing to be away. The nights might be at the destination or at a layover city. If cannot be gone overnight at all, list 0 or "day run only". Again, please make this realistic for your goal.
AA only, or Partners Okay: if you want to only AA-coded flights (e.g. for upgrades, etc), then list "AA only". If you are okay with flying on partners (especially useful for EQD runs), then list "either".
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): if you have a Chinese visa that will be valid at the time of the MR, then list "Y". Many good MRs have destinations in China, but you need a visa for those destinations.

(Note: Added this info from the OP to wiki for greater visibility to posters.)
Print Wikipost

Old Nov 6, 2019, 12:17 pm

Mileage run from DFW

Departure Airport(s): DFW
EQMs or EQSs Needed: 12,000
EQDs Needed: none
Max Budget: $600
Available Travel Dates: fri-sun rest of year (11/8-19, 11/15-17, etc)
Max # Travel Nights: 2
AA only, or Partners Okay: ok
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): N
Old Nov 6, 2019, 8:45 pm

J Run

Departure Airport(s): ORD-LHR-?-?-ORD
EQMs or EQSs Needed: 25K
EQDs Needed: $0
Max Budget: $9,500
Available Travel Dates: Need to depart evening of 11/11 and be in London until 11/15 or late on 11/14
Max # Travel Nights: 1
AA only, or Partners Okay: partners OK
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): Y

In short, I need to be in London for business 11/12-afternoon of 11/14, at which point I can begin to make my way to ORD. Would like to arrive as early as possible on 11/15. Would prefer to fly J. TIA!
Old Nov 7, 2019, 7:49 am

Programs: aa
Originally Posted by JeffreyinDE
Very gentle bump. My situation has improved since my first post. Now only need 12,200 EQM and $4670 EQD. I think the better question in what is the least expensive way to achieve max EQDs as inexpensively as possible? partner airlines in PE/Business? Which airlines? Which product?
Perhaps third time's a charm? lol.

I've identified a quality run in PE on CX from EWR-TPE via HKG that by my calculations will net me $3400 of the $4600 EQDs I need. Cost is just $1300. I was wondering if someone with more advanced skills, could look into that fare rule, and see if there's a way to mix in a few more connections for similar cost to maximize the miles flown? I've also been searching OW r/t flights from TPE that I could take (no Chinese Visa) but not finding much at a strong price per EQD ratio. Are there travel agents that specialize in this that I could hire???

Truly, thanks a million for all the previous contributions, and hopefully, thanks in advance for a solution here.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 9:16 am

Programs: AA Plat, MR AMB + (LTT) , Hertz PC, UA Silver, HH Gold
Departure Airport(s): PHL, NYC, BWI, DCA, IAD
EQMs or EQSs Needed: 10k
Max Budget:$1000~
Available Travel Dates:all but Xmas and Thanksgiving
AA only, or Partners Okay: AA only
Old Nov 7, 2019, 9:21 am

Programs: aa
Originally Posted by TomBrady
Departure Airport(s): PHL, NYC, BWI, DCA, IAD
EQMs or EQSs Needed: 10k
Max Budget:$1000~
Available Travel Dates:all but Xmas and Thanksgiving
AA only, or Partners Okay: AA only

What's your current status?
Old Nov 7, 2019, 9:37 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by JeffreyinDE
Perhaps third time's a charm? lol.

I've identified a quality run in PE on CX from EWR-TPE via HKG that by my calculations will net me $3400 of the $4600 EQDs I need. Cost is just $1300. I was wondering if someone with more advanced skills, could look into that fare rule, and see if there's a way to mix in a few more connections for similar cost to maximize the miles flown? I've also been searching OW r/t flights from TPE that I could take (no Chinese Visa) but not finding much at a strong price per EQD ratio. Are there travel agents that specialize in this that I could hire???

Truly, thanks a million for all the previous contributions, and hopefully, thanks in advance for a solution here.
What dates are you looking at? I'm assuming you need something before 12/31/19?

The only fare I can find close to what you found is this one:
https://flights.app.goo.gl/AdVQo
If you are even remotely interested in this, I'd jump on it ASAP. You're getting within the 7-day booking window, and the fare will probably increase substantially very soon (like tomorrow).

You could look at a separate run from TPE to elsewhere, but I doubt you'll find anything that close.

Have you checked the BA website? They typically have PE fares through LHR to Asia for about $2000, and if you have the BA Chase card you can get further discounts. This close in might be tough though.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 9:39 am

Programs: American- EP; Marriott- Titatium
Long time listener, first time caller

Departure Airport(s): CLT but can reposition

EQMs or EQSs Needed: 34K EQMs

EQDs Needed: 2K

Max Budget:a bit flexible but would like to stay around 2K

Available Travel Dates: weekend of Dec 6 , weekend of Dec 20 ( will already be in Los Angeles), weekend of Dec 27th

Max # Travel Nights: flexible

AA only, or Partners Okay: AA or whatever needed to meet EQMs

Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N) no

thank you
Old Nov 7, 2019, 12:32 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Trying to Reach Platinum

Departure Airport(s): DCA (preferred), IAD, BWI
EQMs or EQSs Needed: 7,261 EQMs
EQDs Needed: 0
Max Budget: $500
Available Travel Dates: Weekends through end of 2019
AA only, or Partners Okay: Both okay.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 1:16 pm

Programs: AA
Mileage run suggestions

Looking for easy trip to get most EQM before end of year. Doesn't have to be a single trip.

Departure Airport: DFW
Miles Needed: 16000
Required Spend or Budget:1000-1200
Available Travel Dates: now to December 31
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: prefer AA metal but open to suggestions
Old Nov 7, 2019, 1:37 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Blair Burke
Departure Airport(s): DCA (preferred), IAD, BWI
EQMs or EQSs Needed: 7,261 EQMs
Available Travel Dates: Weekends through end of 2019
AA only, or Partners Okay: Both okay.
You can do IAD/BWI-LHR with 1 night in London for $657 (7340 miles)
https://flights.app.goo.gl/ozZ2R
https://flights.app.goo.gl/bK4yD

Otherwise, $592 for DCA-CDG, via PHL (should net 8440 miles if you already have status):
https://flights.app.goo.gl/oc1gn
Old Nov 7, 2019, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by tdf10
Looking for easy trip to get most EQM before end of year. Doesn't have to be a single trip.

Departure Airport: DFW
Miles Needed: 16000
Required Spend or Budget:1000-1200
Available Travel Dates: now to December 31
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: prefer AA metal but open to suggestions
What have you found so far?

DFW-HKG would give you just over 16,000 EQM (16200 according to my source):
https://flights.app.goo.gl/y5xrg

DFW-DOH-SIN would give you a boatload of miles, for $1150, and if you have time you can spend a few days:
https://flights.app.goo.gl/RN7tL
Old Nov 7, 2019, 2:55 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Thank you so much for your help! I currently have Gold status with American. Would the CDG option still earn enough EQMs in that case?
aztimm likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by Blair Burke
Thank you so much for your help! I currently have Gold status with American. Would the CDG option still earn enough EQMs in that case?
Yes, as long as you have status, the minimum EQM per segment is 500. So you'd get 500 miles for DCA-PHL, then actual for PHL-CDG.

Poke around on Google flights a bit. You might be able to find same-day, if that's what you want (I prefer at least 1 night for Europe, 2 is better).
Old Nov 7, 2019, 7:05 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Departure Airport(s): ORD, CMI (preferred)
EQMs or EQSs Needed: 3
EQDs Needed: $0.
Available Travel Dates: Any weekend barring Thanksgiving weekend and after Dec 23.
Max # Travel Nights: 1.
AA only, or Partners Okay: Partners ok.
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): N.

I have travel planned so I'm definitely going to hit the EQD spend but i'll be 3 EQS short of AA plat, and about 15k EQMs. I figured it would be easier to go for the EQS. Would preferably like to keep it all in one day so I don't have to pay for a hotel. Can stay overnight at a friend's place in Seattle or NYC (~$500 or ~ $300 respectively from CMI). Just wondering if there are any cheaper/interesting options in the same price range. I don't have my US passport on me as I just submitted it for renewal. Hopefully it'll be back in 3-4 weeks.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 8:35 pm

Dallas or Houston Departures Nov or Dec 6263 needed

Departure Airport(s): DFW, DAL, IAH or HOU
EQMs or EQSs Needed:6263
Max Budget: $600 (best guess)
Available Travel Dates: Month of November or December
Max # Travel Nights: 1 (unless I need to up to 2 nights)
AA only, or Partners Okay: Partners OK

First time doing this and would like to give it a try if I can find something. Destination unimportant. Thanks in advance for your help.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.