Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

AA/One World: 2019 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Hide Wikipost
Old Oct 1, 19, 2:33 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Pat89339
Wiki Link
Requesters and responders, please read this wiki before posting.
In order to organize Mileage/Status/Challenge Run threads, the Moderators have decided to create a consolidated thread. This is the thread for American Airlines.

For each request:
  1. do a search on your departure airport(s) to see if there's a MR already posted that might fit your need
  2. if you don't find what you need, post your request using the standardized format shown below in this wiki
  3. it's nice form to acknowledge the responder with a post indicating whether the assistance worked for you or not. This helps everyone learn about successful runs
  4. if several days have gone by and you have not received a reply, bump up your original post with a (gentle) re-ask. It might be your post was missed in the fray
For each response:
  1. quote the original request
  2. include the route cities, price, airline, cabin/class, EQMs/EQDs, and dates for the solution(s) found
  3. whenever possible, include a link to the solution as found on Google Flights, or attach as screen print of the solution if from another source

For each request, use this format as shown. A glossary follows to clarify each entry.

Departure Airport(s):
EQMs or EQSs Needed:
EQDs Needed:
Max Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Max # Travel Nights:
AA only, or Partners Okay:
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N):

If there is additional information you'd like to share that is pertinent to your request, feel free to add it after this standardized request format.

GLOSSARY:
Departure Airport(s): list the airport codes of any airports you can depart from, identifying preferred airports if any
EQMs or EQSs Needed: the number of each/either that you need to reach status. Please be as precise as possible, as some MRs can be within a few of your goal.
EQDs Needed: the number that you need to reach status. Please be as precise as possible, as some MRs can be within a few of your goal.
Max Budget: the maximum amount you're willing to spend to reach status. Less is always preferable, but a max is an important factor. Please make this a realistic number for your goal.
Available Travel Dates: list the range of dates you're available. The more you list, the better your chances of getting a good MR.
Max # Travel Nights: the maximum number of nights you're willing to be away. The nights might be at the destination or at a layover city. If cannot be gone overnight at all, list 0 or "day run only". Again, please make this realistic for your goal.
AA only, or Partners Okay: if you want to only AA-coded flights (e.g. for upgrades, etc), then list "AA only". If you are okay with flying on partners (especially useful for EQD runs), then list "either".
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): if you have a Chinese visa that will be valid at the time of the MR, then list "Y". Many good MRs have destinations in China, but you need a visa for those destinations.

(Note: Added this info from the OP to wiki for greater visibility to posters.)
Print Wikipost

Old Oct 3, 19, 11:54 pm

Originally Posted by WindyCityTravel View Post
Going for Executive Platinum => $15000 The new threshold is complicating things.
Departure Airport(s): ORD
EQMs or EQSs Needed: 4000
EQDs Needed: $2500
Max Budget: open but as low as possible ($1000)
Available Travel Dates: 2nd or 3rd week of November
Max # Travel Nights: 2
AA only, or Partners Okay: AA, Qatar
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): N
The tricky part you're going to have is getting that number of EQDs on budget, which means nothing on AA metal will help, and as a result, most Europe and South America isn't going to hit it.

For my favorite option, you can get around 3,100 EQDs by flying to HKG on Cathay in PE, but it'd cost around $1,500, and isn't in your preferred airlines or necessarily a short flight.

I'm not super familiar with routing options through the Middle East, but I'm not seeing any options on Qatar that'll earn what you need. You have a better chance positioning to BOS or JFK and using one of the (relatively) cheap JAL business class fares that are currently available, but even those are ~$2,500.
Old Oct 4, 19, 2:37 am

Originally Posted by nekdut View Post
Departure Airport(s): DFW
EQMs Needed: 27,935

EQDs Needed: $1,150
Max Budget: $2k
Available Travel Dates: Oct to 12/19
Max # Travel Nights: 2
AA only, or Partners Okay: partners ok
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): YES

Looks like PE to HKG for a quick weekend turn is a popular option that will get me close? Anything else?

I am DFW based and just earned did DFW-LGA-DFW-HKG-KUL-HKG-DFW-LGA-DFW. Flight was 580 from NY to KUL. Placement flight was 200. It was a long ... couple of days but it got the job done.
wizozzie likes this.
Old Oct 4, 19, 10:04 am

Programs: AA
Currently Gold looking for Platinum

Currently Gold shooting for Platinum

Departure Airport(s): DFW
EQMs Needed: 4430

EQDs Needed: $243
Max Budget: $300
Available Travel Dates: Now to End of Nov
Max # Travel Nights: 3
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): no but US citizen

Any help appreciated.
Old Oct 4, 19, 4:17 pm

Programs: AA Advantage
Departure Airport(s): ORD
EQMs Needed: 17000

EQDs Needed: $800
Max Budget: $1K - $2K
Available Travel Dates: Oct 19 - Nov 7, Dec 15-Dec30
Max # Travel Nights: 5-7
AA only, or Partners Okay: AA
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): No
Old Oct 6, 19, 9:39 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA Platinum Pro, CO Gold, Delta Gold, Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond VIP
Thank you Sir!
Old Oct 7, 19, 4:34 pm

Programs: AA, SPG
Departure Airport: MIA, FLL
EQMs or EQSs Needed: Max
EQDs Needed: $3,500
Max Budget: As low as possible
Available Travel Dates: flexible
AA only, or Partners Okay: Anyone

I've got the miles to requalify but missing about $3,500 EQD. Looking to spend the least amount to earn the EQD and would be nice to get some EQMs. Thanks!
Old Oct 8, 19, 12:29 pm

Currently Platinum shooting for Platinum Pro

Departure Airport(s): In order of preference: BDL, PVD, BOS, any NYC airport
EQMs Needed: 13,000
EQDs Needed: $0, will already have over $10k spend this year
Max Budget: As low as possible but would pay a little more for comfort, or shorter flight in Prem Econ/Business
Available Travel Dates: Now to end of year
Max # Travel Nights: 3
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): no but US citizen
Old Oct 8, 19, 12:56 pm

Programs: United, American, Delta, Usairways, Southwest, Avis, Alamo, Hyatt, Marriot, Intercontinental
Hey AA / One Worlders

I have been looking for some time for a workable option and hit a wall. Would love some help.

Departure Airport: SEA or PAE (but could make YVR, PDX or SFO/SJC/OAK work for the right itin)
EQMs Needed: 10,500
EQDs Needed: $1800
Max Budget: As low as possible
Available Travel Dates: weekends Nov 1 - Dec 22 or TGiving week Nov 23-Dec 1
AA only, or Partners Okay: AA or partners as long as they're EQD earning
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): Y

Given that I have a higher EQD ask than EQM, I'd like to see if I can find a flight on partner or AA Vacations with a % of mileage based calculation for EQDs so I might be able to get to the 1800 EQD milestone without having to spend the full $1800.

But, I'm open to any itinerary that works.
Old Oct 8, 19, 1:57 pm

Hey guys, been playing around on Google Flights and have a few routes in mind, mainly ORD-LHR-BCN and back for $600. Aiming from Platinum Pro as I have done no high EQD trips to Europe this year

Departure Airport: DFW or ORD
EQMs Needed: 45,000 (27,929 but have about 3,500 miles on my trip tomorrow)
EQDs Needed: $3,000 ($5,266 but again have a trip tomorrow)
Max Budget: $4,000
Available Travel Dates: any day (work remotely)
AA only, or Partners Okay: AA or partners

Any suggestions other than to just do a few smaller trips stateside from ORD over the weekends?
Old Oct 8, 19, 11:14 pm

Cool AA MR from CLT – 25K EQMs for ~<$800 towards Exec Plat…

Departure Airport(s): CLT (although in past MRs, I have re-positioned since CLT is expensive)
EQMs or EQSs Needed: 25K EQMs (could make do with 23K-24K)
EQDs Needed: 0
Max Budget: <=$800 (if higher fare for PE or B makes trip more comfy or able to apply a SWU, then open to higher ~$1200?)
Available Travel Dates: 11/15, 12/6, 12/13
Max # Travel Nights: 0-1… Sleep in planes/lounge. Need to leave Fri back Mon
AA only, or Partners Okay: AA preferred since I can try and use SWUs

That time of year again. I am fine on EQDs, but will need some EQMs. Based on already booked trips, I estimate about 25K EQMs needed to renew Exec Plat. Can maybe go a bit under that if the MR is easier as I could close a 1K gap at the end of the year. Ideally is leave Friday AM and travel all weekend to get back Monday AM, last few worked well like that. Always hard to start and end in CLT as it drives price way up, so could re-position before or after.

Not my first MR and thank you @swingaling for a last year CGK MR that netted over 30K EQMs and first visit to Jakarta, smaller target this year. Always good if I get the chance to use SWUs. Any help for domestic ping-pong type of MR or international would be much appreciated. Looked around and not much recently for CLT.

Thank you!
Old Oct 10, 19, 1:04 am

EQD runs for current AA Platinum to hit Plat Pro for next year

Departure Airport(s): DCA/IAD
EQMs or EQSs Needed: Miles met
EQDs Needed: approx 1500
Max Budget: 1500-1700?
Available Travel Dates: varies but flexible through the end of year, looking for short turnarounds
Max # Travel Nights: 1-2
AA only, or Partners Okay: partners okay, whatever gets the EQDs

Last edited by atsun12; Oct 10, 19 at 1:05 am Reason: adjust title
Old Oct 10, 19, 6:48 am

Looking for EQM run help for Platinum Exec

Departure Airport(s): PHX
EQMs or EQSs Needed: 4500 miles
EQDs Needed:0
Max Budget: $900
Available Travel Dates: dec 18-20,
Max # Travel Nights: 1
AA only, or Partners Okay: partners okay

Last edited by rich421; Oct 10, 19 at 12:37 pm
Old Oct 10, 19, 2:02 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Delta Silver, Bonvoy Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by rich421 View Post
Departure Airport(s): PHX
EQMs or EQSs Needed: 4500 miles
EQDs Needed:0
Max Budget: $900
Available Travel Dates: dec 18-20,
Max # Travel Nights: 1
AA only, or Partners Okay: partners okay
Looks like you can do PHX-MIA-BNA-DFW-PHX 12/18-12/19 in Business for $894

https://www.google.com/flights?hl=en...40*2.USD.89340
rich421 likes this.
Old Oct 11, 19, 3:36 pm

Hi everyone - it's my first time on here. I fly BA and need 250 tier points to attain gold - by early February. Can anyone suggest flights and combiations for me? Ur the best

Departure Airport: NCE
Miles Needed: 250 BA tier points
Required Spend or Budget: lowest possible; 1-2 trips preferable (max)
Available Travel Dates: Anytime from 1-Dec-19 until 31-Jan-20, ideally a quick trip (max 5-6 days)
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: yes (i.e. AA), as long as I can get tier points for my BA status

Thank you!!!
Old Oct 11, 19, 3:45 pm

Exclamation help from Nice

Hi all - I'm new here and hope you can help me out. I just need 250 tier points to finally get to gold status with British Airways but need them by early February 2020.

Departure Airport(s): NCE
EQMs or EQSs Needed: 250 BA tier points
Max Budget: cheapest as possible for 1-2 trips max
Available Travel Dates: 1-Dec-19 until 31-Jan-20
Max # Travel Nights: minimum
AA only, or Partners Okay: AA is fine, or any OneWorld where I can get BA tier points

Thank you!!

Search this Thread