FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   [Premium Fare Gone]: CX: Vietnam to North America from $674 (J) and $1100 (F) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/1948387-premium-fare-gone-cx-vietnam-north-america-674-j-1100-f.html)

5DMarkIIguy Sep 19, 2019 2:38 pm

I just changed a return date online for 2 in Jan 2020. showed $200 to change and got new e-ticket.

pentiumii Sep 19, 2019 3:31 pm

I just checked and I am on 865 from yvr-hkg in first and then on to Han in business. Looks like they haven't made any changes in my reservation like put me in business or change the date.

Just in case someone has asked. Does anyone believe in the slightest that I could change the name of the other person on my ticket. Totally different person.

Also, anyone stuck in business arriving in hkg on oct 2, I may be able to guest you into the first class lounges.

thanks.

Global321 Sep 19, 2019 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by pentiumii (Post 31543295)
I just checked and I am on 865 from yvr-hkg in first and then on to Han in business. Looks like they haven't made any changes in my reservation like put me in business or change the date.

Just in case someone has asked. Does anyone believe in the slightest that I could change the name of the other person on my ticket. Totally different person.

Also, anyone stuck in business arriving in hkg on oct 2, I may be able to guest you into the first class lounges.

thanks.

The reductions happen later in October so you should be fine. Changes to JFK start the week of October 29th.
Even then, it is being reduced, not eliminated. So certain days of the week are fine even after the reduction.

As for a name change, nope. CoC is clear:

3.1.1 We will provide carriage only to the Passenger named in the Ticket, and you may be required to produce appropriate identification.
3.1.2 You cannot transfer your Ticket

lly89 Sep 20, 2019 5:04 am

Have yet to fly, but got an email few weeks ago prior to all the reduce flight announcements that my DAD-HKG was cancelled. My flight isn't til December and my request to change outbound from DAD to SGN was promptly changed and new tickets issued.

Hoping they cancel the return HKG to DAD, I much prefer to fly back to SGN :)

Repooc17 Sep 20, 2019 5:39 am

Any Asia Miles expert here? I am trying to redeem an AM award to position from Shanghai to Da Nang (via Hong Kong) a few days prior of the CX fare - any reason why I keep getting an error for a same day redemption? Is this a sign I should spend some time in Hong Kong? :) (been there too many times).

forumpersona999 Sep 20, 2019 7:14 am

Originally Posted by Repooc17 (Post 31544700)
Any Asia Miles expert here? I am trying to redeem an AM award to position from Shanghai to Da Nang (via Hong Kong) a few days prior of the CX fare - any reason why I keep getting an error for a same day redemption? Is this a sign I should spend some time in Hong Kong? :) (been there too many times).

What error message specifically ? What date range specifically ? I can redeem same-day PVG-HKG-DAD for October in business standard
KA865 --> KA224

25000 asia miles.

Repooc17 Sep 20, 2019 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by forumpersona999 (Post 31544933)
What error message specifically ? What date range specifically ? I can redeem same-day PVG-HKG-DAD for October in business standard
KA865 --> KA224

25000 asia miles.

Error

Price for your trip has changed. New quote is displayed below. (8015)

No new quote is displayed.

My preferred date would be October 18, so I could have a few days in DAD before my trip back to the states. I have tried both all KA segments and CX + KA segments.

Y cabin redemption: 10K + 473 HKD (253 surcharges + 220 taxes/fees/charges)

forumpersona999 Sep 21, 2019 9:17 am

Originally Posted by Repooc17 (Post 31546912)

Error

Price for your trip has changed. New quote is displayed below. (8015)

No new quote is displayed.

My preferred date would be October 18, so I could have a few days in DAD before my trip back to the states. I have tried both all KA segments and CX + KA segments.

Y cabin redemption: 10K + 473 HKD (253 surcharges + 220 taxes/fees/charges)

Premium Economy class is suggested for CX367 due to seat availability, the required miles will be adjusted in the next page.
That is probably why the re-price. I see no same-day Y redemption for 10k on October 18.

Repooc17 Sep 21, 2019 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by forumpersona999 (Post 31548343)
That is probably why the re-price. I see no same-day Y redemption for 10k on October 18.

Thanks for the additional data.

No dice for next-day departure either from HKG to DAD (overnight in Hong Kong).

Edit: this would be my first redemption on AM. A bit surprised on the Y cabin availability.

muddyfoxnz Sep 22, 2019 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by lly89 (Post 31544648)
Have yet to fly, but got an email few weeks ago prior to all the reduce flight announcements that my DAD-HKG was cancelled. My flight isn't til December and my request to change outbound from DAD to SGN was promptly changed and new tickets issued.

Hoping they cancel the return HKG to DAD, I much prefer to fly back to SGN :)

Out of interest what flight to/from Danang were you on and which day of the week?

lly89 Sep 23, 2019 3:14 am

Originally Posted by muddyfoxnz (Post 31551649)
Out of interest what flight to/from Danang were you on and which day of the week?

Outbound is a Friday KA0227, inbound Tuesday KA0226. I'm now flying outbound with CX.

xslash10x Sep 23, 2019 4:13 pm

Trying to work out the logistics on our return leg. We plan to "miss" our connecting flight from HKG to HAN and jump on a different flight with a different airline that same day. I guess this means I have to clear immigration at HKG, get to land side, check in for our new flights, clear security, etc. How much time should we give ourselves to get back to air side? I've never done this at HKG before. We'll be at the CX lounge after landing in HKG so need to know when to leave the lounge to catch our flight.

Majuki Sep 23, 2019 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by xslash10x (Post 31555767)
Trying to work out the logistics on our return leg. We plan to "miss" our connecting flight from HKG to HAN and jump on a different flight with a different airline that same day. I guess this means I have to clear immigration at HKG, get to land side, check in for our new flights, clear security, etc. How much time should we give ourselves to get back to air side? I've never done this at HKG before. We'll be at the CX lounge after landing in HKG so need to know when to leave the lounge to catch our flight.

Do you have to go landside? You should be able to get a boarding pass reissued at the transfer desks without clearing immigration. This doesn't take more than a few minutes plus reclearing security to get back airside.

I'd have some concerns with your approach because if you are using the onward boarding pass to access the CX lounges I don't know if there's a way for the staff to know whether or not you're in the lounge. That is to say, if it gets to be final boarding I don't know if they'd be paging your name in the lounge or frantically running around looking for you. I've read comments in this thread that they prefer it if people tell the staff proactively that they're not flying the last segment for this fare.

xslash10x Sep 23, 2019 6:18 pm

If I don't have to clear immigration, that would be amazing. Do you know if they have transfer desks for all airlines? We'll be flying Cebu Pacific.

I think people mentioned that you can cancel the last leg through the website so that you don't have CX staff looking for you. I plan on doing this when we're in the lounge.

Global321 Sep 23, 2019 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by xslash10x (Post 31556048)
If I don't have to clear immigration, that would be amazing. Do you know if they have transfer desks for all airlines? We'll be flying Cebu Pacific.

I think people mentioned that you can cancel the last leg through the website so that you don't have CX staff looking for you. I plan on doing this when we're in the lounge.

Why clear customs? Hard to see a reason why you would need to go through the hassle of customs.

1. Checkin online and print bp's before going to the airport.
2. If not possible, see if you can check-in online and collect bp's at transfer desk.
3. If not possible, go to the transfer desk in HKG. I am pretty sure all airlines have transfer desks.
4. If not possible, go to the lounge and then head to the gate before boarding and pick up bp's at the gate.

And yes, call and cancel check-in from the lounge to avoid any hassles.