Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

2014 Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2014 Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2014, 7:27 am

Yes. side-trips do not affect a possible 3x.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 7:40 am

Programs: GOLD: AZ....maybe :-P
Thanks....in the meanwhile I found a very good fare (35€*2) C2-BKK + 3X (other carrier than BA) with ai price 360€ (no special cc needed)

It seems it works on specific dates (when the fare is available).
Probably improvable as it remains around 150€ of YQ
Old Jul 17, 2014, 7:53 am

Programs: QF LTG
It's too easy that any clue will give it away instantly. A bit of work goes a long way.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 7:55 am

Programs: GOLD: AZ....maybe :-P
Originally Posted by PbodyPhoto
It's too easy that any clue will give it away instantly. A bit of work goes a long way.
^
Old Jul 17, 2014, 8:31 am

Any AA 1x or 3x from New York to India routes.... Books on Etihad and has a juicy $500 YQ
Old Jul 17, 2014, 8:49 am

Programs: QF LTG
Also very simple!
Old Jul 17, 2014, 2:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
Originally Posted by SocialAdept
c2n-c1e $350

Not sure if I'm late to the party with the speed the thread is moving these days.

Could theoretically get it down to $299 but still working on that.
$219
Old Jul 17, 2014, 2:19 pm

Programs: HH Gold, CC Gold, Accor Plat, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by SocialAdept
c2n-c1e $350

Not sure if I'm late to the party with the speed the thread is moving these days.

Could theoretically get it down to $299 but still working on that.
$250
Old Jul 17, 2014, 4:21 pm

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Gutted. Was chasing sub 200 Euro for a [secret] to [secret] or [secret] from C2.

Found 146E with a 1x I couldn't have taken given my location and 293E with a 3x.
Found plenty of other 1x for varying prices too but all unflyable by me. Would have cost more for the positioning flights for the 1x plus the FD'd fare than a full price fare to [secret] !!

Gutted.
Even the ones I had found all disappeared earlier today.

Is anyone willing to share with me what route would have got me under the 200E (towards the 143E I've heard mutterings of !!) which was a 1x not too hard to get to & fly from C2 ?

I presume that's gone aswell as the other ones I had found ?

The [secret] fares from [secret] were only valid until this evening anyway I suppose (according to the rules I saw).

Did I mention I'm gutted !!
I spent a lot of time on this fare over the past 3 or 4 days and had a few hints & words of encouragement and still couldn't get the big win. Thanks to all those who shared a little knowledge, advice or encouragement. I need to double check the lists of airport codes I have for each region to make sure they are totally comprehensive.

Anyhow, I've learnt a lot and will see what else I can find.

I'm getting an early night tonight.

night, night one and all !

Last edited by Sisyphus1carus; Jul 18, 2014 at 3:05 am Reason: [secret]
Old Jul 17, 2014, 6:09 pm

Programs: AB Platinum (AB4EVA), IHG Diamond, Dominos Gold
Edit 3 - removed my whining.

Since it has been published on Blogs, simple 3x is gone (didn't attempt complex constructions this time). BF is still valid today.

Last edited by raph; Jul 17, 2014 at 6:48 pm Reason: I hate those blogs!
Old Jul 18, 2014, 1:28 am

Location: in your favourite lounge, clearing the whole buffet
Programs: LH Maximizer of the year, BA Blue Label killer
Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus
Gutted. Was chasing sub 200 Euro for an XX to XXX or XXX from C2.
[...]
Would have cost more for the positioning flights for the 1x plus the FD'd fare than a full price fare to XXX/XXX !!

The 444 fares from AIRLINE IN CLEAR NAME! wth? were only valid until this evening anyway I suppose.
No wonder they fixed this issue so fast if everybody writes like him. I wonder why you did not enclose the X's as well.

Next obvious step should be publishing everything unencrypted, as well as together with direct links to the OTA where one could book it.

This is why we can't have nice things. These bloggers and newbies are killing everything.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 1:56 am

Originally Posted by fqtv_kraven
No wonder they fixed this issue so fast if everybody writes like him. I wonder why you did not enclose the X's as well.

Next obvious step should be publishing everything unencrypted, as well as together with direct links to the OTA where one could book it.

This is why we can't have nice things. These bloggers and newbies are killing everything.
Isn't this way of sharing more useful than "Cx-Cx for xxx" competition of three (with you four) people?
Then we might call it "wwe/dh/jorun/fqtv private competition thread".
Old Jul 18, 2014, 1:58 am

Programs: AY+ Gold (OWS)
C2c-Japan-C2c € 332 a/i rt on ITA with a 1x flyable if you're a mileage runner. Gives you an YQ of only a few € and also seems to reduce the bf when using the 1x. The BF is ca. € 120 for the C2c-Japan segments, so better ones may also be found somewhere. Have not tried on OTA yet. OW.

Said 1x also gives € 250 c2n-c1e with 0 YQ on another carrier.

Last edited by deissi; Jul 18, 2014 at 2:05 am
Old Jul 18, 2014, 2:15 am

Programs: IC Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, HH Diamond

No need to rave about this post- this particular fare including carrier, destinations and at least 2 different 3x openly mentioned + OTAs to book were on the blogs for at least 3 days prior.

Last edited by Mora; Jul 18, 2014 at 2:37 am
Old Jul 18, 2014, 2:26 am

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
If you read the past 4 or 5 pages of this thread you'll find that no specific detail I mentioned hadn't been mentioned before.
No Xs are mentioned, giving away no tricks.
I only posted this (again not really anything new to this forum) after it was widely reported (not just here) that the loopholes had been plugged.

But thanks for jumping in without considering the actual situation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.