Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] ZRH to JFK - Air Serbia $576USD RT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] ZRH to JFK - Air Serbia $576USD RT

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2019, 5:55 am

Programs: QRPC
Originally Posted by jonapet89
Has anyone flown yet? Any impressions? What lounge were you able to use in JFK?
I think I will be one of the first who will fly on this sale ticket in about 2 weeks. I'll let you know how it went.
jonapet89 likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 6:25 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Originally Posted by Cestamitulakapohvezdach
As was already once said, you should wait until the end of this workigweek. If nothing happens, we are all 90% safe. But you are never safe enough until you step out of the plane upon landing. They can always downgrade you to Y, but according to EU law they should refund you 75% in this case (even if the would downgrade you to Y+) so you would fly BCN to LAX for 150 USD.
Everybody here experienced many "special" fares and even with AZ. They always do not send downgrading email. Just print you ticket confirmation and bring it with you to the airport.
This is the Air Serbia thread, not the AZ thread. I know, it’s difficult to keep track, LOL!
Wish I had booked the AZ fare as well...
Old Jan 8, 2019, 3:42 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Cestamitulakapohvezdach
As was already once said, you should wait until the end of this work week...
Originally Posted by jfkeze
Air Serbia has no ground for downgrades. Relax and wait... ...
Thank you so much, Cestamitulakapohvezdach and jfkeze - I appreciate your help!
Old Jan 10, 2019, 11:37 am

Just a quick info about free transit hotel provided by Air Serbia...

"Dear Guest,

Thank You for contacting AirSerbia Call center.
The Hotel accommodation cannot be confirmed in this case, since Your booking has been issued on the promotional Business class where the Hotel is not provided.

Thank You for understanding."
Old Jan 10, 2019, 11:42 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Guess that doesn’t say much, as W probably simply is their discounted business class.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 11:52 am

I was referring to their rules that all C and Y pax can ask for free transit hotel. So "hotel not provided in promo C" is just a nonsense. They are probably trying to save some bucks
Old Jan 10, 2019, 12:34 pm

Oh! Do they usually offer it to all pax? If so, this would be an indication that they have decided to honor the fare.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 1:34 pm

Yes, If you have layover between 8 - 24 hours.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 4:32 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Any updates on JFK lounge for this ticket?
Old Jan 11, 2019, 4:57 am

Programs: SkyMiles Diamond, TK Elite, Air Berlin Gold, HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Silver
I called to make reservation of transit hotel last week. They made reservation and told me to call again in 2 days if it was avaliable and confirmed. Called and hotel was confirmed. It seems they have few rooms available for each day and it is on first come first served basis...
honzeek_cz likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 3:00 pm

Which hotel(s) do they offer?
Splendiz likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 3:08 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by mquads
I was referring to their rules that all C and Y pax can ask for free transit hotel. So "hotel not provided in promo C" is just a nonsense. They are probably trying to save some bucks
Hi mquads, did you manage to book your free transit hotel in some other way? Thank you!

Also, this option might not be available for those of us that are traveling from Zurich. Their website says:

"Guests in Business and Economy Class will be able to take advantage of this offer while traveling between Beirut, Atina, Thessaloniki, Larnaca, Sarajevo, Skopje, Banja Luka, Sofia, Bucharest, Tirana, Ljubljana, Zagreb, Split, Tivat, Podgorica, Prague, Tel Aviv, Venice and New York via Belgrade."
Old Jan 14, 2019, 11:30 pm

Unfortunately not. Another agent told me the same.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 5:49 am

Programs: SkyMiles Diamond, TK Elite, Air Berlin Gold, HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Silver
Someone on first possible (Thursday 01/17) flight BEG-JFK?
honzeek_cz likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 11:45 am

Programs: IC RA
I was scheduled for PRG-JFK in February. After the email from Air Serbia came out, I ended up finding a roundtrip J fare on QR out of Europe that got me back to LAX and then back for an Oktoberfest trip I had been planning. I contacted Air Serbia and asked about changing my flight and remaining in J. They processed the change and confirmed me on PRG-JFK toward the end of October. All in all, I'm happy with the how it worked out. I wasn't confident about showing up to the airport and talking my way in to remaining in the booked Business class. However, I've got my fingers crossed that those flying in the next couple weeks end up in the seat they booked.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.