Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] ZRH to JFK - Air Serbia $576USD RT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] ZRH to JFK - Air Serbia $576USD RT

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2018, 1:06 pm

Programs: IC RA
No cancellation email for me yet. Checked my booking on the Air serbia website and everything still looks good. 🤞
Old Dec 26, 2018, 1:36 pm

Programs: A3*, HH, club carlson: all gold and bonvoy plat
Originally Posted by Reifel
Mine was direct through Air Serbia. I thought this would be a safer bet than though an OTA, maybe not in this case. I am pretty sure the OTA bookings will be canceled too, it will take a bit of time til we hear from that since another party will need to be involved.

Of course it would be great news if I am proven wrong, at least some people could use the deal then...
Mine was also direct through air serbia (first batch) but is still intact 🤞. It's probably just a matter of time 'til it hits me as well. Anyway, did you book on the first, second or third batch?
Old Dec 26, 2018, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by Artemio
Mine was also direct through air serbia (first batch) but is still intact 🤞. It's probably just a matter of time 'til it hits me as well. Anyway, did you book on the first, second or third batch?
Honestly I don't know what batch it was but I booked it pretty early I guess. Like before 10AM Serbian time
Old Dec 26, 2018, 2:40 pm

Programs: A3*, HH, club carlson: all gold and bonvoy plat
Originally Posted by Reifel
Honestly I don't know what batch it was but I booked it pretty early I guess. Like before 10AM Serbian time
I think there were new availabilities on three mornings in a row. I guess you were also on the first one. So, no reference point (except I was a bit faster) here about who's getting it canceled and who is not!

Last edited by Artemio; Dec 26, 2018 at 2:41 pm Reason: mispelling
Old Dec 27, 2018, 7:22 am

Programs: QRPC
Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
You're right. the checkmytrip seatview looked different. Too bad.
My OTA booking still looks intact btw. 2nd wave. End of January flight.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 8:20 am

Just got the same email from Air Serbia in regards to their “oversell” of W seats. I bought my tickets in the first wave.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 10:38 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Just my 2 cents...
​​​​​​It's up to every flyer what to do as the next steps... Many may wish to take a refund and forget about it...
For those inclined to "fight back" a formal complaint with DOT might be a potential solution. These complaints are logged and are reported as monthly statistics so airlines take them seriously.
In this case, over 3 seperate days W fare which is a promo fare was "on sale" which would led a normal customer to believe it was an appropriate sale.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 10:48 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
There are also EU261 rules for compensation for involuntary downgrades.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 12:39 pm

I booked on 21. 12. 2018 at 10:06 AM, that is the time I received the confirmation email. I guess this was the first wave of their promotion. My booking is still valid in business, right now I checked and changed my seats and still got the confirmation in J.
Can those, whose tickets were canceled, provide more details about their booking? Via OTA, direct, which date?

Last edited by Cestamitulakapohvezdach; Dec 27, 2018 at 1:02 pm
Old Dec 27, 2018, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by Cestamitulakapohvezdach
I booked on 21. 12. 2018 at 10:06 AM, that is the time I received the confirmation email. I guess this was the first wave of their promotion. My booking is still valid in business, right now I checked and changed my seats and still got the confirmation in J.
Hopefully it holds for you. I booked on 12/20 at 9pm Pacific time, got my notice from them this morning.

Even when I go in to the booking now it shows as business, yet my seat reservations are gone. It allows me to select the seats in business then gives me an error message.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 2:43 pm

Programs: QRPC
Originally Posted by Investor 11

Hopefully it holds for you. I booked on 12/20 at 9pm Pacific time, got my notice from them this morning.

Even when I go in to the booking now it shows as business, yet my seat reservations are gone. It allows me to select the seats in business then gives me an error message.
Meaning the seats are actually still available for all your flights? Seats available according to expertflyer? If so, they cannot tell you that there are not seats in business available and have sold more than what they actually have.. Well, they can still say that, but it would be a lie.
What if you ask them to give you a list of dates where they still have W seats available instead?
Old Dec 27, 2018, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by Splendiz
Meaning the seats are actually still available for all your flights? Seats available according to expertflyer? If so, they cannot tell you that there are not seats in business available and have sold more than what they actually have.. Well, they can still say that, but it would be a lie.
What if you ask them to give you a list of dates where they still have W seats available instead?

Yes, seats according to the manage my booking. I was in seats 4k and 5k, and they now show as available. It could be possible that bookings were made without seat requests, but again I think we all realize that they are using some artful terminology.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 6:50 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

I got the email this morning (just noticed this). When i go onto my reservation my reservation I am able to access it, but when I pick seats it will no longer let my pick my seat. I assume this is because they are in the process of downgrading me. Anyone have any advice on what I should do, should I wait an hope i remain in business despite the email or should I call and accept the downgrade (if i want to keep the booking).

What is everyone else doing?
Old Dec 27, 2018, 7:29 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
If you haven’t received the downgrading email yet (like me), just WAIT.

If you have received the downgrading email, but your booking is still active and shows as business class, I would also WAIT (and keep checking the booking regularly).

If your booking actually has been downgraded, I would fight to get the booking reinstated, get a refund or fly economy, but claim compensation.

At least that’s my take on this.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 7:35 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
If you haven’t received the downgrading email yet (like me), just WAIT.

If you have received the downgrading email, but your booking is still active and shows as business class, I would also WAIT (and keep checking the booking regularly).

If your booking actually has been downgraded, I would fight to get the booking reinstated, get a refund or fly economy, but claim compensation.

At least that’s my take on this.
It is showing uncomfirmed business class, so I am not sure what to make of it. I was confirmed previously

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.