Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] ZRH to JFK - Air Serbia $576USD RT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] ZRH to JFK - Air Serbia $576USD RT

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2018, 11:47 am

Programs: QRPC
The Air Serbia A319 which is used on the route ZRH-BEG has some quite nice business class seats. Not just regular economy seats with a blocked middle seat like basically every other airline operating in Europe. There are only 4 of those business class seats on the A319 which explains why only 4 tickets were sold for each route...
Old Dec 23, 2018, 11:50 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Are you sure?
https://liveandletsfly.boardingarea....usiness-class/
Old Dec 23, 2018, 2:34 pm

Thankfully it’s only a 2hr flight.

Old Dec 24, 2018, 3:09 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
There is no C on those ATR from Prague, but I think I can survive that.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 3:43 pm

Programs: AA ExP, AS MVP Gold, TK Gold, DL Plat
Got one-way out of Moscow, OTA sent e-ticket, but it's not showing on airserbia.com (while PNR looks fine). No seat assignment and other options available. Anyone having similar issues?
Old Dec 25, 2018, 3:02 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Freddorick
Tickets in W with 175% miles on Alitalia.

Earns some on EY, otherwise nothing useful. I think i ll skip this.
I went to Alitalia website and there's following information: " The "Economy White" Air Serbia fares and the flights operated by Air Serbia to / from New York do not entitle to the accumulation of miles."
https://www.alitalia.com/en_gb/mille...ir-serbia.html If that's the case, it's quite useless fare in terms of miles earning.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 3:48 am

Originally Posted by Richmond_Surrey
I went to Alitalia website and there's following information: " The "Economy White" Air Serbia fares and the flights operated by Air Serbia to / from New York do not entitle to the accumulation of miles."
https://www.alitalia.com/en_gb/mille...ir-serbia.html If that's the case, it's quite useless fare in terms of miles earning.
I dont understand what you mean. This is not " The "Economy White" but W - Business Silver is what I understand from link you provided. Can you elaborate?
Old Dec 25, 2018, 8:30 am

Programs: TK Elite+, SPG Plat, Jetsmarter
It says "The "Economy White" Air Serbia fares and the flights operated by Air Serbia to / from New York do not entitle to the accumulation of miles.".
I guess the Air Serbia flight to NY is always excluded from earning miles with AZ, no matter what booking class.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by nilsrtw
It says "The "Economy White" Air Serbia fares and the flights operated by Air Serbia to / from New York do not entitle to the accumulation of miles.".
I guess the Air Serbia flight to NY is always excluded from earning miles with AZ, no matter what booking class.
My bad, you are right, I read it as ON. Now it make sense I wonder if it would make difference if the plane is actually operated by Etihad on my days, but my guess is answer is NO.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 10:22 am

I guess, the only way to earn any miles on it, is to credit to Etihad. Will have to create the account and work out what's the best usage.

Last edited by Richmond_Surrey; Dec 25, 2018 at 10:37 am
Old Dec 25, 2018, 10:51 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
I'm pretty sure EY is better than AZ. You can redeem 25k EY miles for PRG-ICN in OK (Czech) business class (old Korean Air planes).
Or you could buy/transfer some more miles and fly their A380 First Class Apartment.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 7:37 am

"We are contacting You regarding Your booking XXXXX.

Regretfully we need to inform You that due to a system error in our reservation system, there were more W business class tickets sold than available by that price.

We are able to offer downgrading to Economy Class with a refund of the fare difference of 149 EUR between Business and Economy class.

Also, benefits of the Business class such as baggage allowance and access to the Business Lounge at Belgrade Airport will remain unchanged.

In case that this solution is not acceptable for You , we are offering a full refund of the ticket price.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you have experienced.

For further information do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,
Call Center
Sales and Marketing
Air Serbia"
Old Dec 26, 2018, 7:53 am

Got exactly the same cancelation email too.
Its OK I guess some times you win and sometimes you loose, but they could just be honest and say it was a fare error.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by Richmond_Surrey
"We are contacting You regarding Your booking XXXXX.

Regretfully we need to inform You that due to a system error in our reservation system, there were more W business class tickets sold than available by that price.

We are able to offer downgrading to Economy Class with a refund of the fare difference of 149 EUR between Business and Economy class.

Also, benefits of the Business class such as baggage allowance and access to the Business Lounge at Belgrade Airport will remain unchanged.

In case that this solution is not acceptable for You , we are offering a full refund of the ticket price.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you have experienced.

For further information do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,
Call Center
Sales and Marketing
Air Serbia"

Was that direct booking or OTA?
Old Dec 26, 2018, 12:21 pm

Mine was direct through Air Serbia. I thought this would be a safer bet than though an OTA, maybe not in this case. I am pretty sure the OTA bookings will be canceled too, it will take a bit of time til we hear from that since another party will need to be involved.

Of course it would be great news if I am proven wrong, at least some people could use the deal then...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.