Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] ZRH to JFK - Air Serbia $576USD RT

[PREM FARE GONE] ZRH to JFK - Air Serbia $576USD RT

Old Feb 1, 19, 5:25 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
I only flew it one way. Here are some photos, Trip Report coming soon....

Cabin Shot

Serbian Mezze

Main Course - Chicken with Pasta

Cheese Plate

Chocolate Cake

Wraps
Old Feb 8, 19, 6:42 am

Here is the Trip report of ZRH-BEG, more reports about the Belgrade Lounge and BEG-JFK coming soon ...
https://goo.gl/RdLDd9

jonapet89 likes this.
Old Feb 8, 19, 7:32 am

Programs: KL Platinum, LA Black, A3 Gold, BA Silver, IB Oro
Well...for the price, not many complaints, BUT. Couldn't do OLCI as it wanted visa to enter for my way. The way the agent handled the check in at PRG was totally unprofessional (speaking loudly on the phone, telling someone our passport numbers, birthdays, names to check if we have ESTA...). No lounge at PRG as ATR segments are economy with no service.

Did get hotel, called Air Serbia on the day of travel, they told me it is too late but they will make a note and I have to contact Air Serbia once we land.

Lounge at BEG is everything you need from showers to great food and well stocked bar.

BEG-JFK was probably the weirdest J flight of my life as I don't get the dining concept. On a 10 hour day flight departing at 7am I would appreciate small snack for breakfast and full lunch before landing but no, we got three-course breakfast and snack selection was very disappointing. Even we were first to deboard as J pax the crew let Y to get in front of us. The crew was like hey we are from Etihad working for Air Serbia thus we don't feel like we need to go beyond. They really didn't.

Check in at JFK opens 3 hours and a few minutes before departure, pax can use J line for security screening. Wingtip lounge is a joke but has very decent selection of beers. The flight back to Europe was way better - good dinner and a few hours of solid sleep as the flight is longer than usual hops over to LHR, AMS or CDG. Same crew but as you "don't need them" on a red eye, no complaints this time.

BEG-JFK 8 empty seats in J and 2 pax (elderly couple) upgraded on board (probably they got to know someone from CC). Y almost 100%.
JFK-BEG 1 empty seats in J and Y again almost totally full.

Well, for the price it was great as I took my dad and it was his only 2nd time flying intl business so he loved it. Personally I wouldn't go for it again even for such a price.

no_idea and jonapet89 like this.
Old Feb 12, 19, 10:20 am

Here is the report on the lounge at Belgrade Airport... Report on BEG-JFK coming soon...

Old Feb 14, 19, 1:28 pm

Here is my report on the afternoon flight from BEG-JFK

​​​​
Old Feb 14, 19, 2:54 pm

Definitely seems the menu on afternoon flight is the same as for east-bound when the west-bound is early morning. Would be careful using phrase "lucky enough" about Etihad operating as "real" JU CC is way better.
Old Feb 14, 19, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by 747jetter View Post
Definitely seems the menu on afternoon flight is the same as for east-bound when the west-bound is early morning. Would be careful using phrase "lucky enough" about Etihad operating as "real" JU CC is way better.
Honestly, I was talking about the plane... Etihad seat IMHO better than the old Jet Airways plane used by JU... But everyone has their preferences...
Old Feb 14, 19, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by jfkeze View Post
Honestly, I was talking about the plane... Etihad seat IMHO better than the old Jet Airways plane used by JU... But everyone has their preferences...
True...as I can name myself reverse herringobe flyer I was grateful to finally fly in something different. And I loved the colours too..
Old Feb 21, 19, 4:29 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Anybody else flying out of CPH tomorrow (Friday)?
Lounge meetup at BEG on Saturday?
Old Feb 21, 19, 4:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
By the way, did online checkin work for any of you?
If not, is there a transfer desk at CPH that can check you in? Id prefer to not have to go through security again at CPH...
Old Feb 21, 19, 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory View Post
By the way, did online checkin work for any of you?
If not, is there a transfer desk at CPH that can check you in? Id prefer to not have to go through security again at CPH...
According to the Air Serbia website no OLCI except for certain cities. CPH and ZRH don't have OLCI
Old Feb 21, 19, 10:43 pm

Thanks. So strange that they send out OLCI invitations anyway.
Old Feb 23, 19, 4:12 am

So, who else is flying to JFK in an hour?
Ill be in 3K, wearing jeans and a black turtleneck jumper.
Rimowa rollaboard and a Tumi backpack.
Old Mar 7, 19, 5:59 pm

Programs: AA ExP, AS MVP Gold, TK Gold, DL Plat
anybody flying on March, 9 SVO-BEG-JFK?
Old Mar 12, 19, 12:50 pm

Thanks for info guys. We saw only etihad when the aircraft was ot from the middle of Jan till middle of March. Anybody who flew with original Air Serbian aircraft? How was it? Thanks

Search this Thread