Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] ZRH to JFK - Air Serbia $576USD RT

[PREM FARE GONE] ZRH to JFK - Air Serbia $576USD RT

Old Dec 27, 18, 9:01 pm
  #76  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Europe
Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Posts: 1,463
If your flight isnít tomorrow, I would still just wait.
At this point, whatever you do will only attract more attention.
So: Donít call the airline.
ChocolateFactory is offline  
Old Dec 29, 18, 3:29 am
  #77  
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 664
So far so good for me, fingers crossed 🤞.
Croupier is offline  
Old Dec 29, 18, 6:10 am
  #78  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: SFO, ATL, BOS
Programs: Spirit Lifetime Somebody, Frontier Executive Platinum, Norwegian Global Services
Posts: 124
Assuming this sticks for some, what is the lounge situation at JFK?
https://www.airserbia.com/en/all-lounges#link2
According to this page, on Saturdays we can only use the Wingtips lounge (yuck). I surely hope if we arrive early enough on the same day, we'd be allowed to use the Etihad lounge (which is open from 11:40AM - 2:15PM or 3:00PM, sources vary) on a Saturday?
hypertext is offline  
Old Dec 31, 18, 3:39 am
  #79  
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 85
My situation has been updated. Air Serbia offered to change my booking to April or May. I now have a confirmed ticket in Business for April 20!
Reifel and jonapet89 like this.
kbooks66 is offline  
Old Dec 31, 18, 4:11 am
  #80  
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: San Diego
Programs: IC RA
Posts: 215
Originally Posted by kbooks66 View Post
My situation has been updated. Air Serbia offered to change my booking to April or May. I now have a confirmed ticket in Business for April 20!
did they reach out to you again, or did you respond to their initial email?
Investor 11 is offline  
Old Dec 31, 18, 4:29 am
  #81  
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 230
I can confirm this. I have asked to be rebooked to any other date in February which they declined but offered a rebooking to April or May, any date of my choice. Somehow too good to be true, it sounds a bit fishy. I just hope they do not cancel the route after March but for the time being kudos to them for honoring, and honestly may suits better to me anyway than February

For the record, I booked through air serbia directly and they reached out to me initially to offer downgrade or refund, the rebooking to April or May was not offered actively. Once I asked for a rebooking to another date in February they offered this.
Reifel is offline  
Old Dec 31, 18, 4:39 am
  #82  
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 230
This may also mean that there is hope for those that have booked. They seem to be willing to honor but those that have been "oversold" are having the issues. It could be that some lucky ones booked within the actual availability and will be fine. Just an assumption of course.
Reifel is offline  
Old Dec 31, 18, 8:55 am
  #83  
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Multiple locations
Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Posts: 2,748
The "oversold issue" is that the flight seems to operate just twice a week (January 17 till March) with Etihad metal. Flights are not available in W class, but plenty of seats available on the seat map and in buckets J/C which are in the same cabins. Overall the cabins seem to be less than half full... so its not an "oversold issue"..
jfkeze is offline  
Old Dec 31, 18, 9:19 am
  #84  
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 230
Originally Posted by jfkeze View Post
The "oversold issue" is that the flight seems to operate just twice a week (January 17 till March) with Etihad metal. Flights are not available in W class, but plenty of seats available on the seat map and in buckets J/C which are in the same cabins. Overall the cabins seem to be less than half full... so its not an "oversold issue"..
That's what I told them first. On the date I booked indeed all business class inventory was sold out. So I asked them to be booked a week earlier where they had no W but did had other business class inventory available. My flight end of February was not operated by Etihad though.
anyway, I told them and proved them there is business class inventory available even though not in W but I feel they should honor on dates where there are still selling business class.

That's when they offered to rebook to April and may. They seem to be super reluctant to reprotect to anything else than W, and that is somehow strange.

The "oversold" thing only makes sense if they mean W is oversold and not business class inventory in general. Shouldn't make any difference to the guest though.

Call me sceptical but the rebooking to April and may is way too easy. I wonder if they are planning to cancel the route.

That said kudos to their call center team. They reply within minutes on a day like 31dec and are friendly and solution orientated. Also got my new ticket. The ticket endorsement hold the entry "change FOC approved by GM Commercial"
Reifel is offline  
Old Dec 31, 18, 10:46 am
  #85  
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 85
Originally Posted by Investor 11 View Post


did they reach out to you again, or did you respond to their initial email?
I decided to respond to their email, as I did not want to be stuck in economy. I asked if we could change the dates and they said yes.
kbooks66 is offline  
Old Jan 4, 19, 7:34 am
  #86  
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Multiple locations
Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Posts: 2,748
Originally Posted by jfkeze View Post
The "oversold issue" is that the flight seems to operate just twice a week (January 17 till March) with Etihad metal. Flights are not available in W class, but plenty of seats available on the seat map and in buckets J/C which are in the same cabins. Overall the cabins seem to be less than half full... so its not an "oversold issue"..
The W excuse won't work anymore... Jan 26 for instance has W4 per ExpertFlyer... was W0 yesterday...
jfkeze is offline  
Old Jan 8, 19, 3:15 am
  #87  
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Prague, Czech Republic, EU
Programs: Skywards blue, OK Plus, Delta Skymiles, Avios, Etihad Guest
Posts: 14
Has anyone flown yet? Any impressions? What lounge were you able to use in JFK?
jonapet89 is offline  
Old Jan 8, 19, 4:19 am
  #88  
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: USA
Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Posts: 29
Hi guys. I'm among those that havení't received the downgrading email.
Do you think it's safe to start making non-refundable reservations?
It seems that, in the worst-case scenario, we could still downgrade to Y and keep the reservation.
LukeUSDreamer is offline  
Old Jan 8, 19, 4:36 am
  #89  
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Prague
Posts: 39
Originally Posted by LukeUSDreamer View Post
Hi guys. I'm among those that havení't received the downgrading email.
Do you think it's safe to start making non-refundable reservations?
It seems that, in the worst-case scenario, we could still downgrade to Y and keep the reservation.
As was already once said, you should wait until the end of this workigweek. If nothing happens, we are all 90% safe. But you are never safe enough until you step out of the plane upon landing. They can always downgrade you to Y, but according to EU law they should refund you 75% in this case (even if the would downgrade you to Y+) so you would fly BCN to LAX for 150 USD.
Everybody here experienced many "special" fares and even with AZ. They always do not send downgrading email. Just print you ticket confirmation and bring it with you to the airport.
Cestamitulakapohvezdach is offline  
Old Jan 8, 19, 5:27 am
  #90  
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Multiple locations
Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Posts: 2,748
Originally Posted by Cestamitulakapohvezdach View Post
As was already once said, you should wait until the end of this workigweek. If nothing happens, we are all 90% safe. But you are never safe enough until you step out of the plane upon landing. They can always downgrade you to Y, but according to EU law they should refund you 75% in this case (even if the would downgrade you to Y+) so you would fly BCN to LAX for 150 USD.
Everybody here experienced many "special" fares and even with AZ. They always do not send downgrading email. Just print you ticket confirmation and bring it with you to the airport.
Originally Posted by LukeUSDreamer View Post
Hi guys. I'm among those that havení't received the downgrading email.
Do you think it's safe to start making non-refundable reservations?
It seems that, in the worst-case scenario, we could still downgrade to Y and keep the reservation.
Air Serbia has no ground for downgrades. Relax and wait... FYI... I'm not a lawyer just a 10+ year member of FlyerTalk///
A)This was a sale in W Booking code (which maps to Business Class on Air Serbia). Some emails claimed oversell of "W" class.
i) W Class was available on 3 separate dates for sale between the ZRH / CPH markets and JFK. (A "sale" that occurs on 3 separate days would be considered by most as a sale)
ii) W Class has showed up on several occasions on the BEG-JFK route after the sale.
B) W Class is a subset of Business Class booking fares... on many fights via ExpertFlyer I can see J7 C4 D4... so "cabins are not oversold"
C) If they send you a downgrade email feel free to file a complaint on DOT Website
D) If not, there is always Small Claims court, if in NYC, it's easy to do online... file a suit for the amount of a replacement ticket... Air Serbia has an office in NYC per NYS Department of State, so they can be presented with a lawsuit. I've had my fare share of airline issues including some from the Middle East, they will usually settle before the court date or if they are a no show you automatically win the claim at Small Claims Court...
E) Involuntary downgrades are covered under EC 261/2004 Article 10, not sure if ZRH falls under EC but CPH definitely...

At the end of day, take print outs of all confirmations. Show up early at the airport and hold your ground... JU doesn't have a case for downgrades in my humble opinion... and there are more than a few steps that can ensure their cooperation....
jfkeze is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread