Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] ZRH to JFK - Air Serbia $576USD RT

[PREM FARE GONE] ZRH to JFK - Air Serbia $576USD RT

Old Dec 23, 18, 11:47 am
  #46  
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 38
The Air Serbia A319 which is used on the route ZRH-BEG has some quite nice business class seats. Not just regular economy seats with a blocked middle seat like basically every other airline operating in Europe. There are only 4 of those business class seats on the A319 which explains why only 4 tickets were sold for each route...
Splendiz is offline  
Old Dec 23, 18, 11:50 am
  #47  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Europe
Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Posts: 1,463
Are you sure?
https://liveandletsfly.boardingarea....usiness-class/
ChocolateFactory is offline  
Old Dec 23, 18, 2:34 pm
  #48  
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 663
Thankfully itís only a 2hr flight.


Croupier is offline  
Old Dec 24, 18, 3:09 am
  #49  
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: PRG, DRS, MUC
Programs: Marriott Titanium, Delta Diamond, AA EXP
Posts: 541
There is no C on those ATR from Prague, but I think I can survive that.
honzeek_cz is offline  
Old Dec 24, 18, 3:43 pm
  #50  
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Programs: AA ExP, AS MVP Gold, TK Gold, DL Plat
Posts: 67
Got one-way out of Moscow, OTA sent e-ticket, but it's not showing on airserbia.com (while PNR looks fine). No seat assignment and other options available. Anyone having similar issues?
mikena is offline  
Old Dec 25, 18, 3:02 am
  #51  
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: London
Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
Posts: 1,044
Originally Posted by Freddorick View Post
Tickets in W with 175% miles on Alitalia.

Earns some on EY, otherwise nothing useful. I think i ll skip this.
I went to Alitalia website and there's following information: " The "Economy White" Air Serbia fares and the flights operated by Air Serbia to / from New York do not entitle to the accumulation of miles."
https://www.alitalia.com/en_gb/mille...ir-serbia.html If that's the case, it's quite useless fare in terms of miles earning.
Richmond_Surrey is offline  
Old Dec 25, 18, 3:48 am
  #52  
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: PRG, DRS, MUC
Programs: Marriott Titanium, Delta Diamond, AA EXP
Posts: 541
Originally Posted by Richmond_Surrey View Post
I went to Alitalia website and there's following information: " The "Economy White" Air Serbia fares and the flights operated by Air Serbia to / from New York do not entitle to the accumulation of miles."
https://www.alitalia.com/en_gb/mille...ir-serbia.html If that's the case, it's quite useless fare in terms of miles earning.
I dont understand what you mean. This is not " The "Economy White" but W - Business Silver is what I understand from link you provided. Can you elaborate?
honzeek_cz is offline  
Old Dec 25, 18, 8:30 am
  #53  
 
Join Date: May 2016
Programs: TK Elite+, SPG Plat, Jetsmarter
Posts: 51
It says "The "Economy White" Air Serbia fares and the flights operated by Air Serbia to / from New York do not entitle to the accumulation of miles.".
I guess the Air Serbia flight to NY is always excluded from earning miles with AZ, no matter what booking class.
nilsrtw is offline  
Old Dec 25, 18, 9:04 am
  #54  
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: PRG, DRS, MUC
Programs: Marriott Titanium, Delta Diamond, AA EXP
Posts: 541
Originally Posted by nilsrtw View Post
It says "The "Economy White" Air Serbia fares and the flights operated by Air Serbia to / from New York do not entitle to the accumulation of miles.".
I guess the Air Serbia flight to NY is always excluded from earning miles with AZ, no matter what booking class.
My bad, you are right, I read it as ON. Now it make sense I wonder if it would make difference if the plane is actually operated by Etihad on my days, but my guess is answer is NO.
honzeek_cz is offline  
Old Dec 25, 18, 10:22 am
  #55  
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: London
Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
Posts: 1,044
I guess, the only way to earn any miles on it, is to credit to Etihad. Will have to create the account and work out what's the best usage.

Last edited by Richmond_Surrey; Dec 25, 18 at 10:37 am
Richmond_Surrey is offline  
Old Dec 25, 18, 10:51 am
  #56  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Europe
Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Posts: 1,463
I'm pretty sure EY is better than AZ. You can redeem 25k EY miles for PRG-ICN in OK (Czech) business class (old Korean Air planes).
Or you could buy/transfer some more miles and fly their A380 First Class Apartment.
ChocolateFactory is offline  
Old Dec 26, 18, 7:37 am
  #57  
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: London
Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
Posts: 1,044
"We are contacting You regarding Your booking XXXXX.

Regretfully we need to inform You that due to a system error in our reservation system, there were more W business class tickets sold than available by that price.

We are able to offer downgrading to Economy Class with a refund of the fare difference of 149 EUR between Business and Economy class.

Also, benefits of the Business class such as baggage allowance and access to the Business Lounge at Belgrade Airport will remain unchanged.

In case that this solution is not acceptable for You , we are offering a full refund of the ticket price.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you have experienced.

For further information do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,
Call Center
Sales and Marketing
Air Serbia"
Richmond_Surrey is offline  
Old Dec 26, 18, 7:53 am
  #58  
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 230
Got exactly the same cancelation email too.
Its OK I guess some times you win and sometimes you loose, but they could just be honest and say it was a fare error.
Reifel is offline  
Old Dec 26, 18, 11:01 am
  #59  
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: PRG, DRS, MUC
Programs: Marriott Titanium, Delta Diamond, AA EXP
Posts: 541
Originally Posted by Richmond_Surrey View Post
"We are contacting You regarding Your booking XXXXX.

Regretfully we need to inform You that due to a system error in our reservation system, there were more W business class tickets sold than available by that price.

We are able to offer downgrading to Economy Class with a refund of the fare difference of 149 EUR between Business and Economy class.

Also, benefits of the Business class such as baggage allowance and access to the Business Lounge at Belgrade Airport will remain unchanged.

In case that this solution is not acceptable for You , we are offering a full refund of the ticket price.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you have experienced.

For further information do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,
Call Center
Sales and Marketing
Air Serbia"

Was that direct booking or OTA?
honzeek_cz is offline  
Old Dec 26, 18, 12:21 pm
  #60  
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 230
Mine was direct through Air Serbia. I thought this would be a safer bet than though an OTA, maybe not in this case. I am pretty sure the OTA bookings will be canceled too, it will take a bit of time til we hear from that since another party will need to be involved.

Of course it would be great news if I am proven wrong, at least some people could use the deal then...
Reifel is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread