FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   [PREM FARE GONE] ZRH to JFK - Air Serbia $576USD RT (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/1946900-prem-fare-gone-zrh-jfk-air-serbia-576usd-rt.html)

ChocolateFactory Mar 12, 2019 2:52 pm

It was terrible. Bad seat, bad food, bad drinks.
Honestly, I think I would have preferred an exit row seat in economy on a different carrier.
The only good thing was the super fast WiFi which was unlimited and free through iPass.

kbooks66 Mar 12, 2019 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory (Post 30878962)
It was terrible. Bad seat, bad food, bad drinks.
Honestly, I think I would have preferred an exit row seat in economy on a different carrier.
The only good thing was the super fast WiFi which was unlimited and free through iPass.

Were you on Eithad Metal or Air Serbia? What specifically was so bad about it?

ChocolateFactory Mar 13, 2019 12:32 am

Air Serbia metal. The seat is rather uncomfortable, you can’t even look out the window and the food was really not good. Also the ground experience was bad (they didn’t accept my boarding pass from CPH at the gate, sent me to the transfer desk instead, the lounge sucked etc.).

jfkeze Mar 14, 2019 8:49 am

Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory (Post 30880537)
Air Serbia metal. The seat is rather uncomfortable, you can’t even look out the window and the food was really not good. Also the ground experience was bad (they didn’t accept my boarding pass from CPH at the gate, sent me to the transfer desk instead, the lounge sucked etc.).

The lounge in Belgrade was pretty nice, not sure if you are referring to the CPH Lounge ..
Also the Airbus 320 from Zurich to Belgrade had a decent food offering (assuming CPH was similar)
Now ground experience in Belgrade was a bit crappy, they wanted me to go straight to the gate even if there was time for the lounge...
Overall I was on a "Serbihad" flight and it was a nice one, especially considering the price paid! ;)

Does regular Air Serbia have dine on demand?

ChocolateFactory Mar 14, 2019 8:55 am

No, I meant the lounge at BEG. The only reason you think the lounge was nice is that you're American and used to Admiral Clubs and the like. ;-p
I didn't dare eat anything there and was happy that my flight was boarding 5 minutes later anyway.

The food on the CPH-BEG leg was... ok. I'd give it a 4 out of 10. The food on the BEG-JFK flight was 2 out of 10.
There was no dine on demand. This was soviet style catering, including the quality of the food. It was just bleh. The "champagne" (sparkling wine) was really disgusting and not drinkable (and I'm not picky).
The whole flight was really crappy, the seat was claustrophobic. You consider yourself lucky for getting Etihad metal.
I wouldn't repeat that flight even if it was for free.

It was ok as an experience since I hadn't been to Serbia before and the whole thing was quite exotic, so I don't regret booking it. But really, once was more than enough for me.