Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE][CA] Black Friday Sales - Oz/NZ from €1506 / Far East from €1133

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE][CA] Black Friday Sales - Oz/NZ from €1506 / Far East from €1133

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2018, 2:00 am
TPJ
Original Poster

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador

It is back: https://www.airchina.de/DE/GB/promot...:KV:KBLD:DE:EN

From FRA/MUC/DUS

Sale till Tuesday (Nov 27)

Books into R (125% in TK program)

Very limited dates and very limited availability, but I managed to buy 2 tickets to SYD

Oz / NZ - from EUR 1506

Far East from EUR 1133 (HKG)

Enjoy!
Old Nov 22, 2018, 2:35 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Platinum; Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond
Are these fares showing up on ITA Matrix/Google Flights? I can't find any dates
Old Nov 22, 2018, 3:05 am

Originally Posted by Mordac
Are these fares showing up on ITA Matrix/Google Flights? I can't find any dates
AFAIK they usually don't, you have to use their site
Old Nov 22, 2018, 3:10 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Flexible +/- 3 days on the Air China site tends to show the availability... Can't see those prices on ITA...
Old Nov 22, 2018, 4:15 am
TPJ
Original Poster

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
They clearly stated - it is airchina.com only promo - will not be visible on ITA.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 4:25 am

Programs: QF, TK, VA, SQ
Is there a particular promo code as well? The only fares I'm seeing are "Business flex" and are pricing at about €2200 from Germany - Oz. (but it could just be dates)
Would be great to find something for around a week in July as I need to head back then. Would normally preference OW but have TK gold at the moment and am always willing to get a bargain
Old Nov 22, 2018, 5:13 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BAEC Silver, Marriott Platinum, HH Gold
Just play around with the dates. I had a quick look this morning at random dates (within the specified period, below) and it worked just fine to e.g. AKL or TYO. But of course not all dates available.

Economy Class: 11. Dezember 2018 - 24. Januar 2019; 5. Februar - 10. Februar 2019; 18. Februar - 31. Mai 2019
Business Class: 11.Dezember 2018 - 3 .Januar 2019; 29.Januar - 8.Februar 2019; 2.April - 21.April 2019; 28.Mai - 24.Juni 2019; 28.Juni - 23.August 2019
Old Nov 23, 2018, 12:19 pm

Programs: TK E+
This sale is almost the same as their 11.11 sale 2 weeks ago. Sold out cabin classes and tickets are of course no more.

Just booked a RT FRA to Tokyo R class for €1203. Easter period is included in the sale!
Old Nov 25, 2018, 8:38 am

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
Also have LHR-SIN for £1242 - max stay seems to be 2.5 months (even if rules say 3 months). May compromise on connection times.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 11:53 am
Suspended

WARNING:

If any of you have bought the sale price (or any ticket in fact) to SYD/MEL via PVG (Shanghai), please be advised that Air China is in the process of cancelling all flights between Shanghai and Sydney/Melbourne from the summer season 2019 (from end of March).

If your flights contains any segment between Shanghai and Sydney/Melbourne on Air China after 27th/28th March 2019, do call Air China reservation ASAP to arrange alternative flights.

Cheers.
united78 and Eddizle like this.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 3:20 am

Programs: AF Platinum, UA Platinum Million Miler Lifetime Gold, QR Platinum, HH Lifetime Diamond, IHG Diamond
I'll just wait until they call me and offer me alternative flights, their problem, not mine
ElJudioErrante and Eddizle like this.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 1:22 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by RabbitohRob
I'll just wait until they call me and offer me alternative flights, their problem, not mine
You might wish to think twice.

The current PVG flight to SYD arrive in the morning, but CA's SYD flight from PEK and CTU both arrives in the afternoon. The return is at different time as well, do check. If you have onward travel arrangement from SYD on the same day of arriving, pls call CA ASAP, it is for your own good.

If you do not have onward journey planned, it is wise to call them too. The reason is that if they call you and offer you flight via CTU because no alternative flight left, it will be a nightmare to transit in CTU. The procedure involves with going through immigration, pick up bags, go through customs, and then recheck-in, immigration, security check...

At this moment, for the involuntary ticket changes, they will need to call you (or you call them) and then apply fare code R with discount to fare department. You have to wait for a day due to time zone differences for the fare department approval, then you need to call again to apply or confirm the changes from reservation agents. Only with the second call your ticket can be issued. This is the procedure I had gone through yesterday. It took 2 days and 2 calls to sort everything out. If I want an e-ticket issued by email and to apply my transit hotel. I will have to call again the third time tomorrow.

Of course you are right to wait for them to contact you. But as a frequent user on CA on this fare, my warning is: do not wait and take the charge yourself. The longer you wait in anticipating that they will contact you, the more likely you are going to suffer set backs along the way. By the time they contact you, they might be able to offer solutions in one go as they are more prepared compare with yesterday, but do remember that their agents are not empowered as other airlines.

Good luck.
Eddizle likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.