Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] CX - SFO-HKG R/T PE $773.00. - Black Friday Sale

[PREM FARE GONE] CX - SFO-HKG R/T PE $773.00. - Black Friday Sale

Old Nov 21, 2018, 4:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Alaska MVP 75k, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by jfinsocal
I'm looking at LAX-HKG-DPS but the HKG-DPS flight doesn't have premium economy. Will this segment book in E class or something else? Could also book to SIN for a couple hundred dollars cheaper and book LCC to DPS I suppose.
I've been looking at DPS as a destination as well. The HKG-DPS segment books into H class which earns 15% EQD but only .5 EQM (for AA). I've been trying to decide to whether to fly into CGK as premium economy and taking LCC or just going direct to DPS. I noticed Jetstar also has some great fares SIN-DPS in February/March however I am looking at going in May. I think I am leaning towards just taking the economy flight to DPS ... EQD is what is really important and getting a connecting LCC in Jakarta sounds not fun.
jfinsocal likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 4:16 pm

Programs: Jose Cuervo Gold, Bud Light Platinum, Schwab 401K, VW Bug 2MM
Originally Posted by jfinsocal
I'm looking at LAX-HKG-DPS but the HKG-DPS flight doesn't have premium economy. Will this segment book in E class or something else? Could also book to SIN for a couple hundred dollars cheaper and book LCC to DPS I suppose.
If you're going to do that book to BKK, there is PE on HKG-BKK then LCC to DPS
Old Nov 21, 2018, 4:19 pm
TBD

Programs: All The Programs
I recognize the implication of a nonstop option, but the business class fares to HKG with this promotion are absolute garbage.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 5:59 pm

Programs: AA 1MM
I am not familiar w CX webpage. Getting $1323 RT fare on GF, I do not see a place to enter promo code when I am redirected to CX webpage for booking. Can someone point me to it?
Old Nov 21, 2018, 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by tikchik
I am not familiar w CX webpage. Getting $1323 RT fare on GF, I do not see a place to enter promo code when I am redirected to CX webpage for booking. Can someone point me to it?
You can always note your dates and flight numbers and then just go to the CX website and go that way.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tikchik
Follow the link in the original post. Scroll down and click "select dates" for your city pair and class of service. enter the HOLIDAY code, pick your dates, and click "Book Now". It should show you a grid of availability. If you don't like the options, click "change dates" (under the grid) and pick new ones.

It seems that several asian airlines use this exact same web page template, FWIW.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 8:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum, AK MVP
777 vs A350

I have flown 777 in PE in the past, there is a toilet in PE. My first time flying 359 and it does not have its own toilet. That is the biggest difference.

Lets see how this works.

Originally Posted by nickohrn
For those with experience on the different products, would you prefer flying on the 777-300 in premium economy or the A350-1000? It looks like most dates at the sales price for Premium Economy on the SFO-HKG route offer a choice.
Barkinpark likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 9:00 pm

Programs: AA - EXP
JFK - AKL for $2041 return as well.

Can route via YVR if you’re running.

Anecdotally, last year as OW Saphire had an op up to PE HKG - AKL
E55 likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by Barkinpark
CX is not known for their food, I think.
Actually their Japanese meal in first is quite good (going to/from Japan)
Old Nov 21, 2018, 10:42 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by nickohrn
For those with experience on the different products, would you prefer flying on the 777-300 in premium economy or the A350-1000? It looks like most dates at the sales price for Premium Economy on the SFO-HKG route offer a choice.
Here is a comparison provided by J.T. Genter:

https://thepointsguy.com/reviews/cat...econ-777-a350/
Barkinpark and nickohrn like this.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 12:36 am

Programs: UA Gold, AA Life Gold, Hyatt Dmd, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
I'm currently returning from a visit to DPS. Used Scoot Airlines for the SIN-DPS-SIN portion within a LAX-HKG-SIN-HKG-LAX trip. The main challenge was getting from T4 to T2 in SIN to catch Scoot (due to delay out of HKG), but I was impressed by the airlines itself....so much better than other LCC i've used. Had just enough time to buy a Singttel simcard outside gate in SIN with roaming in Indonesia. Made good use of GrabCar in Bali and Singapore.
E55 likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 9:18 am

Buying tix from CX:

1. Is there a 24-hour cancellation policy as mandated by the FAA?

2. No changes are allowed for this fare (so use-it-or-lose-it), correct?
Old Nov 22, 2018, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Is there any way to enter the promo code after punching in from Google Flights? The CX search engine doesn't show me the flight I want, but I can get that itinerary if starting in Google Flights...

Or alternatively, any way to force CX's website to show more options?
Old Nov 22, 2018, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by javabytes
Is there any way to enter the promo code after punching in from Google Flights? The CX search engine doesn't show me the flight I want, but I can get that itinerary if starting in Google Flights...

Or alternatively, any way to force CX's website to show more options?
Try multi-city search? Please report back.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 11:54 am

Programs: AA EXP
Thanks OP - snagged two of these! (SFO-HKG and SFO-hkg-BKK). Looking forward to some great road trips

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.