Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE]CA/AirChina 10-11 Nov Sale from FRA/MUC/DUS-HKG/TPE/HND/SIN etc from 1117€

[FARE GONE]CA/AirChina 10-11 Nov Sale from FRA/MUC/DUS-HKG/TPE/HND/SIN etc from 1117€

Old Nov 10, 2018, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by TPJ

New A350 MEL-PVG with new C.
A shame about this in a way. The A330 seats may lack privacy and easy aisle access, but they are some of the longest beds out there - better than many first class seats for length, and very comfortable. Sad to see them go.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 4:35 pm

Agree... I've flown Qatar business. It's fancy and shiney yes... but I felt a bit cramped. somehow those remind me of coffins... I like "good old time" business class like TK biz class
Old Nov 10, 2018, 5:19 pm

Programs: BA GOLD
I much doubt it. They do this promotion is for 11-Nov, which a new festival in China, similar to black friday sales, once a year really. If they do a similar promotion, they need wait for another year.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 5:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by roy2016
I much doubt it. They do this promotion is for 11-Nov, which a new festival in China, similar to black friday sales, once a year really. If they do a similar promotion, they need wait for another year.
"Festival" kind of misses the point of what Single's Day has evolved into (99% about shopping).
Old Nov 10, 2018, 5:52 pm

Same here, tried Mastercard, Visa Amex PayPal, all failed. the cards were issued in the UK
Old Nov 10, 2018, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by moondog
"Festival" kind of misses the point of what Single's Day has evolved into (99% about shopping).
you are 100% right on this.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
I may be mistaken but I was pretty sure I've seen CA offer these deals out of Germany at least twice a year?
Old Nov 10, 2018, 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
I may be mistaken but I was pretty sure I've seen CA offer these deals out of Germany at least twice a year?
maybe. But what I am saying is that this particular promotion happens only around 11 Nov. and I do not recall there were some sales for Europe to AKL/MEL/SYD that often. For SE Asia or China, the sales are almost weekly if not daily. The last one I took from Europe to AKL similar to CA's price was QR sales for PSA-AKL. of course, it is a lot better than what CA offers.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 6:40 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
Yes - early November, Black Friday and before Xmas.

BTW -, I paid with Amex - *no issues...
Old Nov 10, 2018, 6:42 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by moondog
What, no parade? Just another excuse to sit around staring at your cell/tablet/laptop/etc. Actually, 3 years ago when I was building out my new Chinese apartment, 11-11 sales were great for everything necessary. They even started early. I could have used a CA J flight to BKK, but looks like slim pickings.

I do want to register a complaint though, as here in Bangkok, the X-mas decorations went up right after Halloween. There should be a separation in these shopping "holidays" to allow for a suitable time period to enjoy the previous purchases before embarking on more. Wait, Shopee's sale is on now.
moondog and Justin Case like this.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 12:21 am

Programs: ROP Gold
Same here, tried Mastercard, Visa Amex PayPal, all failed. the cards were issued in the UK
Try entering country "Germany" or "Deutschland" for the credit cards. It worked for me. My card is not from Germany.
Eddizle, AJ747M and wxman22 like this.

Last edited by anaidross; Nov 11, 2018 at 1:37 am
Old Nov 11, 2018, 3:31 am

Originally Posted by anaidross
Try entering country "Germany" or "Deutschland" for the credit cards. It worked for me. My card is not from Germany.
thank you very much, this worked for me.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 3:47 am

Programs: SQ, SK, QR
Originally Posted by anaidross
After 10+ attempts using Visa, MC & AMEX on 4 different browsers - above method finally worked me (although not with AMEX, just MC). Thanks a million. My original dates were no longer available but shifted the trip by one week - with the bonus that I get to fly the 747-8 both to and from FRA now. Very happy.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 6:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by BigWilly
How should i interpret these cancelation fees: If I cancel my ticket later on, I will get a refund minus 600 euro?
The cancellation fee is EUR 150. The fee is never calculated per leg/flight - it is EUR 150 per change/refund.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 7:27 am

Looking for Germany - Tokyo Business. Anytime after January 29~ for 2 weeks stay.
But it looks like the cheapest I see is 3000+euro. *sigh*

Does this price change time-to-time? I keep changing the date around it and hopefully they'll update the price

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.