Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE]CA/AirChina 10-11 Nov Sale from FRA/MUC/DUS-HKG/TPE/HND/SIN etc from 1117€

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE]CA/AirChina 10-11 Nov Sale from FRA/MUC/DUS-HKG/TPE/HND/SIN etc from 1117€

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2018, 11:20 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, Avis Preferred Plus, Amex Plat
More destinations and different dates available from the UK (although more expensive)

Has anyone managed to get an open jaw at these fares?
Old Nov 10, 2018, 11:29 am

Programs: SQ, SK, QR
Trying to purchase but keep getting this error message when using my AMEX card: We are having difficulty with the credit card details provided. Please validate the credit card information in your profile and try again. (4620 - 3941)

Tried 5 times on Chrome, IE & Safari - not working at all. Anyone know of a solution? My Visa card is out of action at the moment unfortunately.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 11:50 am

Programs: TK Elite
I know this is probably a dumb question but hey it's Saturday night and I'm feeling lucky. What are the chances this will work from Paris or back to Paris?

Also has anyone managed to pull availability on Google flights?
Old Nov 10, 2018, 12:08 pm

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, Avis Preferred Plus, Amex Plat
I've not seen the fares on Google or Expedia.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 12:53 pm

Programs: OZ *G, AB Sapphire
How should i interpret these cancelation fees: If I cancel my ticket later on, I will get a refund minus 600 euro?

Also, in the fare rules on the Air China website the following is mentioned:
TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON/AFTER 10NOV 18 AND ON/BEFORE
11NOV 18.
OR - TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON/AFTER 22NOV 18 AND ON/
BEFORE 27NOV 18.
which makes me think they will have a second go on this promotion later this month.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 12:57 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by mad_rich
I've not seen the fares on Google or Expedia.
Only on Airchina website I believe.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 12:59 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by AJ747M
Trying to purchase but keep getting this error message when using my AMEX card: We are having difficulty with the credit card details provided. Please validate the credit card information in your profile and try again. (4620 - 3941)

Tried 5 times on Chrome, IE & Safari - not working at all. Anyone know of a solution? My Visa card is out of action at the moment unfortunately.
Have trouble with Germany website with both Amex and MasterCard. In the end I used Paypal and they only accept Visa or MasterCard in paypal.

Have no problem by using my Amex on UK site for UK departure.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 1:00 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by AirCanada881
I know this is probably a dumb question but hey it's Saturday night and I'm feeling lucky. What are the chances this will work from Paris or back to Paris?

Check the Air China France site, I only see Economy class fares available from France. No Business class fares. Weird but that is the reality. Germany is not that far away if you want to take advantage. Again I think the promotion is for Air China website only. Air China IT is not very good but all promotion they ran was only available on its own website.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 1:02 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by AJ747M
Does the 744 fly to FRA or only the 748?
Only B748. Air China website does not specify which variant but it is known that B744 is no longer flying intercontinental routes and Frankfurt only see the B748 and B773 besides A330 and A350. You can look at the seat map on airchina website while reserving the flight to see the up stairs seat map to make sure.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 1:05 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by BigWilly
How should i interpret these cancelation fees: If I cancel my ticket later on, I will get a refund minus 600 euro?

which makes me think they will have a second go on this promotion later this month.
Not sure about the first question. I think your own answer is correct. It would be too much a dream deal if only €150 but strange things happen.

To your second question or findings, Air China will run another promotion during Xmas, then Chinese New Year (which is 5th Feb in 2019). After that there is one round during Easter and a summer holiday promotion before the Black Friday in 2019.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 1:06 pm

I have had the same issue, called the credit card company who advised that my card was fine and credit card company hadn’t declined anything and it was air China website, wound up giving up after numerous attempts.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by chongcao
Have trouble with Germany website with both Amex and MasterCard. In the end I used Paypal and they only accept Visa or MasterCard in paypal.

Have no problem by using my Amex on UK site for UK departure.
I tried Paypal as well but the link doesn't load at all! Super frustrating - the cheap fares are no longer available for my dates now.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by Eddizle
I have had the same issue, called the credit card company who advised that my card was fine and credit card company hadn’t declined anything and it was air China website, wound up giving up after numerous attempts.
Yep, exact the same for me.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by BigWilly

Also, in the fare rules on the Air China website the following is mentioned:

I admit I had never thought of it the way you are - 150 euro per leg. I've always taken it to mean 150 euro for the entire ticket if cancelled before the departure of the first leg. Change fees will apply per sector if you change those.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by AirCanada881

Wait a few days,I think we'll see similar offers at least in econ class from other CA European gateways incl CPH ZRH and possibly CDG.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.