Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE]CA/AirChina 10-11 Nov Sale from FRA/MUC/DUS-HKG/TPE/HND/SIN etc from 1117

[FARE GONE]CA/AirChina 10-11 Nov Sale from FRA/MUC/DUS-HKG/TPE/HND/SIN etc from 1117

Reply

Old Dec 29, 18, 6:26 pm
  #61  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: SDF
Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Posts: 13,319
Originally Posted by TonyRB View Post
There was nothing at all on the ticket about having to pay any difference in fare, only the 80 change fee. BTW, I checked CA's website for availability before I phoned, and I could have booked a new one way ticket on the date I wanted for less than 2500 (still too expensive though).
That is normally implicit - otherwise we'd all buy a stack of these fares and just change the dates to when we needed them - including ultra peak periods when the fare is higher

Sometimes after departure you can change the return without needing a re-price. But changes before travel are usually, IME, of the 'fare difference' variety.
LHR/MEL/Europe FF is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 18, 2:59 am
  #62  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Programs: BA Blue Qmiles Burgundy
Posts: 19
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF View Post
That is normally implicit - otherwise we'd all buy a stack of these fares and just change the dates to when we needed them - including ultra peak periods when the fare is higher

Sometimes after departure you can change the return without needing a re-price. But changes before travel are usually, IME, of the 'fare difference' variety.
So why was the CA agent quoting me over 1000 more than the actual fare difference (as per the one way price on their own website)?
TonyRB is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 18, 3:30 am
  #63  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: SDF
Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Posts: 13,319
Originally Posted by TonyRB View Post
So why was the CA agent quoting me over €1000 more than the actual fare difference (as per the one way price on their own website)?
It would normally be re-priced as a whole round-trip Europe-Asia - not just the return leg. So whatever the applicable fare is that is on thew websire today. Plus any change fees added.
TonyRB likes this.
LHR/MEL/Europe FF is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 19, 11:57 am
  #64  
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: E
Programs: MSC (Miles Slut Club); Cunard- Diamond 300+; Princess- Elite 200+; RCCL- D Plus; QF LTG; CA P
Posts: 4,195
Sorry for the double post. But this is the thread I was intended to post to:

WARNING:

If any of you have bought the sale price (or any ticket in fact) to SYD/MEL via PVG (Shanghai), please be advised that Air China is in the process of cancelling all flights between Shanghai and Sydney/Melbourne from the summer season 2019 (from end of March).

If your flights contains any segment between Shanghai and Sydney/Melbourne on Air China after 27th/28th March 2019, do call Air China reservation ASAP to arrange alternative flights.

Cheers.
chongcao is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 19, 1:48 pm
  #65  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: SDF
Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Posts: 13,319
Originally Posted by chongcao View Post
Sorry for the double post. But this is the thread I was intended to post to:

WARNING:

If any of you have bought the sale price (or any ticket in fact) to SYD/MEL via PVG (Shanghai), please be advised that Air China is in the process of cancelling all flights between Shanghai and Sydney/Melbourne from the summer season 2019 (from end of March).

If your flights contains any segment between Shanghai and Sydney/Melbourne on Air China after 27th/28th March 2019, do call Air China reservation ASAP to arrange alternative flights.

Cheers.
Good point!

SYD/MEL will still be serviced via PEK, so I suspect pax will be reaccommodated somehow through there?
LHR/MEL/Europe FF is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 19, 3:19 pm
  #66  
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: E
Programs: MSC (Miles Slut Club); Cunard- Diamond 300+; Princess- Elite 200+; RCCL- D Plus; QF LTG; CA P
Posts: 4,195
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF View Post
Good point!

SYD/MEL will still be serviced via PEK, so I suspect pax will be reaccommodated somehow through there?
Yes you can go through either PEK or CTU. I tried to persuade them to do a FRA-PEK-CTU-SYD but was refused.

Also the process is not straightforward. They have to apply seat from fare department (because of the cheap ticket in discounted class). Then they will confirm once they have the ticket reissuance confirmed by fare department. I called today and have to call again tomorrow once I heard from them about whether the change is OKed by fare department or not (really should be no issue at all, but just need to go through additional layer of paper work from their end).

So I recommend anyone effected call ASAP as the seat may be gone if you only notice the change in April. The public notice for route cancellation is not out yet, but internal document is in circulation. At least I think China based customer service agents should see the changes in their system. Not sure about European based service agents though.
chongcao is online now  
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread