FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   [FARE GONE]CA/AirChina 10-11 Nov Sale from FRA/MUC/DUS-HKG/TPE/HND/SIN etc from 1117€ (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/1939836-fare-gone-ca-airchina-10-11-nov-sale-fra-muc-dus-hkg-tpe-hnd-sin-etc-1117-a.html)

LHR/MEL/Europe FF Dec 29, 2018 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by TonyRB (Post 30586477)
There was nothing at all on the ticket about having to pay any difference in fare, only the €80 change fee. BTW, I checked CA's website for availability before I phoned, and I could have booked a new one way ticket on the date I wanted for less than €2500 (still too expensive though).

That is normally implicit - otherwise we'd all buy a stack of these fares and just change the dates to when we needed them - including ultra peak periods when the fare is higher :)

Sometimes after departure you can change the return without needing a re-price. But changes before travel are usually, IME, of the 'fare difference' variety.

TonyRB Dec 30, 2018 2:59 am

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF (Post 30586500)
That is normally implicit - otherwise we'd all buy a stack of these fares and just change the dates to when we needed them - including ultra peak periods when the fare is higher :)

Sometimes after departure you can change the return without needing a re-price. But changes before travel are usually, IME, of the 'fare difference' variety.

So why was the CA agent quoting me over €1000 more than the actual fare difference (as per the one way price on their own website)?

LHR/MEL/Europe FF Dec 30, 2018 3:30 am

Originally Posted by TonyRB (Post 30587284)
So why was the CA agent quoting me over €1000 more than the actual fare difference (as per the one way price on their own website)?

It would normally be re-priced as a whole round-trip Europe-Asia - not just the return leg. So whatever the applicable fare is that is on thew websire today. Plus any change fees added.

FlyerTalker688786 Jan 6, 2019 11:57 am

Sorry for the double post. But this is the thread I was intended to post to:

WARNING:

If any of you have bought the sale price (or any ticket in fact) to SYD/MEL via PVG (Shanghai), please be advised that Air China is in the process of cancelling all flights between Shanghai and Sydney/Melbourne from the summer season 2019 (from end of March).

If your flights contains any segment between Shanghai and Sydney/Melbourne on Air China after 27th/28th March 2019, do call Air China reservation ASAP to arrange alternative flights.

Cheers.

LHR/MEL/Europe FF Jan 6, 2019 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by chongcao (Post 30618104)
Sorry for the double post. But this is the thread I was intended to post to:

WARNING:

If any of you have bought the sale price (or any ticket in fact) to SYD/MEL via PVG (Shanghai), please be advised that Air China is in the process of cancelling all flights between Shanghai and Sydney/Melbourne from the summer season 2019 (from end of March).

If your flights contains any segment between Shanghai and Sydney/Melbourne on Air China after 27th/28th March 2019, do call Air China reservation ASAP to arrange alternative flights.

Cheers.

Good point!

SYD/MEL will still be serviced via PEK, so I suspect pax will be reaccommodated somehow through there?

FlyerTalker688786 Jan 6, 2019 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF (Post 30618540)
Good point!

SYD/MEL will still be serviced via PEK, so I suspect pax will be reaccommodated somehow through there?

Yes you can go through either PEK or CTU. I tried to persuade them to do a FRA-PEK-CTU-SYD but was refused.

Also the process is not straightforward. They have to apply seat from fare department (because of the cheap ticket in discounted class). Then they will confirm once they have the ticket reissuance confirmed by fare department. I called today and have to call again tomorrow once I heard from them about whether the change is OKed by fare department or not (really should be no issue at all, but just need to go through additional layer of paper work from their end).

So I recommend anyone effected call ASAP as the seat may be gone if you only notice the change in April. The public notice for route cancellation is not out yet, but internal document is in circulation. At least I think China based customer service agents should see the changes in their system. Not sure about European based service agents though.