Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] SU: WAW-ICN 461 usd (One Way)

[PREM FARE GONE] SU: WAW-ICN 461 usd (One Way)

Old Nov 9, 2018, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by jfkeze
Condor has some cheapo one-way tickets (KUL to FRA) in this case for €600 which credit nicely to Alaska...

Is there a method for searching for such deals? Feeling a bit of a cheap skate by booking error fares other people kindly post but never contributing myself.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 1:38 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by Lizie
Is there a method for searching for such deals? Feeling a bit of a cheap skate by booking error fares other people kindly post but never contributing myself.
To be honest... I've seen sales on Condor in the past and it was in the back of my head... Try Google Flights sometimes things will show up... also be aware of "sales trends" LOT Charter flights are available from DPS, SGN at different points in the year (at one point a flight was available SGN-WAW for under 200 Eur one-way in Business. No miles on that flight but still a good deal... another trend are the charter type airlines... GOA-LGW was available for under 50 USD oneway in Coach earlier this month... search and share
Old Nov 9, 2018, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by jfkeze
To be honest... I've seen sales on Condor in the past and it was in the back of my head... Try Google Flights sometimes things will show up... also be aware of "sales trends" LOT Charter flights are available from DPS, SGN at different points in the year (at one point a flight was available SGN-WAW for under 200 Eur one-way in Business. No miles on that flight but still a good deal... another trend are the charter type airlines... GOA-LGW was available for under 50 USD oneway in Coach earlier this month... search and share
Thank you. I will keep an eye open and remember if I see something which maybe useful.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 2:25 pm

Programs: DL GM, TK Elite+, ITA Executive, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Silver, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by unusualtravelblog
What is the difference? I booked in Z. It is still filmt refundable, right?
Both ZFOA and DFOA are fully refundable. D is usually more expensive than Z, gives more miles on SU Bonus (doesnt concern me, as I probably will credit to Delta despite only 100%). D being more expensive, I guess theres usually more D than Z or I availability in case I would like to change.

Re:Changes, maybe this helps someone

Due to the rules found in both ZFOA and DFOA that reads
Originally Posted by ZFOA,DFOA rules
IN THE EVENT OF CHANGES TO TICKETED FLIGHTS
BEFORE DEPARTURE OF JOURNEY AND WITHIN TICKET VALIDITY
CERTAIN DOMESTIC REISSUE PROVISIONS MAY BE OVERRIDDEN
BY THOSE OF SU INTERNATIONAL FARES
NO CHARGE CHARGE HIGHEST FEE OF ALL CHANGED FARE
COMPONENTS AND
REPRICE USING FARES IN EFFECT WHEN TKT WAS ISSUED
PROVIDED ALL OF THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS ARE MET-
1. NO CHANGE TO 1ST FLIGHT COUPON
2. WHEN NO INTL COUPONS REMAIN - ALL NEW TRAVEL
MUST BE DOMESTIC
3. SU FARES ARE USED
4. SU FARE TYPES BAP/BR/BU/ER/EU/EUP/WR/WU ARE USED
5. NEW TKT HAS EQUAL OR HIGHER VALUE THAN PREVIOUS
TKT
6. ALL RULE AND BOOKING CODE PROVISIONS ARE MET
7. ADV RES IS MEASURED FROM ORIGINAL TKT DATE TO
DEPARTURE OF JOURNEY
OR -
REPRICE USING FARES IN EFFECT TODAY
PROVIDED ALL OF THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS ARE MET-
1. WHEN NO INTL COUPONS REMAIN - ALL NEW TRAVEL
MUST BE DOMESTIC
2. SU FARES ARE USED
3. SU FARE TYPES BAP/BR/BU/ER/EU/EUP/WR/WU ARE USED
4. NEW TKT HAS EQUAL OR HIGHER VALUE THAN PREVIOUS
TKT
5. ADV RES IS MEASURED FROM REISSUE DATE TO
DEPARTURE OF JOURNEY
Bolding mine.

Theres another explanation of this in the "Penalties" section:

Originally Posted by ZFOA,DFOA Penalties
// BEFORE ORIGINAL SCHEDULED FLIGHT //
//
1.WHEN THE FIRST TICKETED FLIGHT COUPON IS
CHANGED - THE ENTIRE TICKET MUST BE RE-PRICED
USING -CURRENT- FARES IN EFFECT ON THE DATE OF NEW
TICKET ISSUANCE.

---
ANY DIFFERENCE IN FARES FEE MUST BE COLLECTED.
---
ALL RULE PROVISIONS OF THE NEW FARE INCLUDING
ADVANCE PURCHASE/MIN STAY/MAX STAY/
SEASONALITY/ETC MUST BE MET.
---
2. WHEN CHANGES ARE MADE TO OTHER THAN THE FIRST
TICKETED FLIGHT COUPON - THE ENTIRE TICKET MUST
BE RE-PRICED USING -HISTORICAL- FARES IN EFFECT
ON THE DATE OF ORIGINAL TICKET ISSUE.

---
ANY DIFFERENCE IN FARES MUST BE COLLECTED.
Basically: As long as you dont want to change the WAW-SVO portion of the flight, theres no reprice.
If you want to change the 1st coupon, Tkt will have to be repriced using fares in effect today (since Tkt will have to be reissued).

So if you wanna change the date for ICN, you will need to leave the 1st flight untouched (WAW-SVO) and can freely change the SVO-ICN portion provided there is availability in the fare bucket (Z in your case). You will still need to fly the first segment of course - so unless you want to have a longer stay in Moscow (up to 175 days for Z if i'm not mistaken), you'll need to use the WAW-SVO for some kind of a round trip.
Personally, if I need to change the date of my ICN travel, I will

- Request a change for the 2nd segment (reprice using historical fares, all good)
- book a roundtrip SVO-WAW-SVO to connect to 1st coupon + the new ICN flight.

Reasonably easy I'd say

At least thats my understanding - somebody please correct me if thats not accurate.

Best,

Nightliner
Old Nov 9, 2018, 3:25 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by NightlinerVIE
Basically: As long as you dont want to change the WAW-SVO portion of the flight, theres no reprice.
If you want to change the 1st coupon, Tkt will have to be repriced using fares in effect today (since Tkt will have to be reissued).

So if you wanna change the date for ICN, you will need to leave the 1st flight untouched (WAW-SVO) and can freely change the SVO-ICN portion provided there is availability in the fare bucket (Z in your case). You will still need to fly the first segment of course - so unless you want to have a longer stay in Moscow (up to 175 days for Z if i'm not mistaken), you'll need to use the WAW-SVO for some kind of a round trip.
Personally, if I need to change the date of my ICN travel, I will

- Request a change for the 2nd segment (reprice using historical fares, all good)
- book a roundtrip SVO-WAW-SVO to connect to 1st coupon + the new ICN flight.

Reasonably easy I'd say

At least thats my understanding - somebody please correct me if thats not accurate.

Best,

Nightliner
Not exactly. The historical fares are used only when they can't reprice the entire thing - so you have to actually fly the first segment, then once that's flown, historical fares are locked in, and basically you can make the changes you request once the first segment is consumed.

If you make the change to only the second segment, but prior to flying the first segment, the entire thing will be repriced to current fares.

In any case, SU is not an airline I would look to, to make good on any sort of fare rules. Much more like the interpretation of the agent you're dealing with.

If this would have been bookable on DL stock, I would have bought more than 1 because DL actually honors fare rules that benefit the customer. I'm not certain what SU does but in my experience they aren't very customer friendly.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 3:50 pm

Programs: DL GM, TK Elite+, ITA Executive, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Silver, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by btonkid12345
Not exactly. The historical fares are used only when they can't reprice the entire thing - so you have to actually fly the first segment, then once that's flown, historical fares are locked in, and basically you can make the changes you request once the first segment is consumed.
Agree on that one. Once first segment is flown its basically safe.

If you make the change to only the second segment, but prior to flying the first segment, the entire thing will be repriced to current fares.
Disagree here. States clearly that if first segment is not touched, historical pricing will be used.
In any case, SU is not an airline I would look to, to make good on any sort of fare rules. Much more like the interpretation of the agent you're dealing with.
True. Its a bit of trial and error i guess, so I'll try to commit myself to do that one on the date I booked
If this would have been bookable on DL stock, I would have bought more than 1 because DL actually honors fare rules that benefit the customer. I'm not certain what SU does but in my experience they aren't very customer friendly.
Nicely said - I havent flown them in almost 20 years. I'm told that things have changed, but to this day, I have "fond" memories of a trip to Tokyo on SU...interesting it was to say the least, and SVO at the time definitely was one of the top contenders for "worst airport in the world"

Anyhow, lets hold thumbs it sticks.

Best,

Nightliner
Old Nov 9, 2018, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
My fear with attempting any changes is that instead of repricing according to historical data, someone would see that the fare was somehow filed wrong. Or are we saying, looking at the fares a few posts up, that this was a super special offer as opposed to a mistake with a missing digit? Whichever, the thing that made me hesitate (and therefore miss the offer) was the thought of dealing with SU. I would have extended the ticket to Jeju for EUR537 AI. Also, I’ve massively overspent on travel this year, not to mention Jeju have a strictly Economy only policy (for those of us working at the festival).
Old Nov 9, 2018, 11:20 pm

Still sold as Z class - only much higher fare.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 10:47 am

Anyone here that just flown or will be flying this week?
Old Nov 20, 2018, 6:43 am

Programs: LH&BA
Originally Posted by criced
Anyone here that just flown or will be flying this week?
Flew it 2 days ago - no issues at all
Maayan, Poolek, bananahead and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 8:28 am

Anybody can share if they were successful in changing dates on that one?
Old Jan 1, 2019, 12:05 pm

No, but yesterday I got an atomatic call from Aeroflot that my flight had a 5 min change so its atleast alive
Old Jan 1, 2019, 1:57 pm

Anyone have problems adding their non-Aeroflot frequent flyer number? I booked through Orbitz with my Delta Skymiles number attached but then on Aeroflot's website, it was showing Aeroflot Basic together with my Delta Skymiles number and nowhere did it mention "Delta."
Old Jan 6, 2019, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by NightlinerVIE
Anybody can share if they were successful in changing dates on that one?
they will recalculate the fair to "normal" price so not worth doing, better cancel and forget I think ...
Old Jan 6, 2019, 10:19 am

Due to some other recent special deals in the last week I called Expedia to cancel this ticket. Agent cancelled and said there would be a full refund.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.