Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] KE: JFK-NBO $242

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 1, 2018, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: a330300
Link to DOT Complaint Form

Two complaints could be filed: one against DL, and one against KQ, since it's unclear who is making the call to cancel these.

Helpful to include:
- Delta confirmation & receipt
- Ticket number (006-xxx)
- Kenya Airways confirmation code if available

Applicable reading on 14 CFR § 399.88:

https://crankyflier.com/2015/05/12/t...confusing-way/
https://cms.dot.gov/sites/dot.gov/fi...t_05082015.pdf

14 CFR § 399.88

(a) It is an unfair and deceptive practice within the meaning of 49 U.S.C. 41712 for any seller of scheduled air transportation within, to or from the United States, or of a tour (i.e., a combination of air transportation and ground or cruise accommodations), or tour component (e.g., a hotel stay) that includes scheduled air transportation within, to or from the United States, to increase the price of that air transportation, tour or tour component to a consumer, including but not limited to an increase in the price of the seat, an increase in the price for the carriage of passenger baggage, or an increase in an applicable fuel surcharge, after the air transportation has been purchased by the consumer, except in the case of an increase in a government-imposed tax or fee. A purchase is deemed to have occurred when the full amount agreed upon has been paid by the consumer.

(b) A seller of scheduled air transportation within, to or from the United States or a tour (i.e., a combination of air transportation and ground or cruise accommodations), or tour component (e.g., a hotel stay) that includes scheduled air transportation within, to or from the United States, must notify a consumer of the potential for a post-purchase price increase due to an increase in a government-imposed tax or fee and must obtain the consumer's written consent to the potential for such an increase prior to purchase of the scheduled air transportation, tour or tour component that includes scheduled air transportation. Imposition of any such increase without providing the consumer the appropriate notice and without obtaining his or her written consent of the potential increase constitutes an unfair and deceptive practice within the meaning of 49 U.S.C. 41712.

[Doc. No. DOT-OST-2010-0140, [url=https://www.law.cornell.edu/rio/citation/76_FR_23167]76 FR 23167, Apr. 25, 2011]
Print Wikipost

[FARE GONE] KE: JFK-NBO $242

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2018, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by mbl0687
I may try filing a complaint with the DOT. Is it worth trying with DL as well? I'd take a voucher for the hassle to start.
I'd do both - filing the DOT complaint is a permanent record that gives some visibility/accountability for these types of situations.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 1:42 pm
Original Poster

No voucher or anything offered from calling the SkyMiles line, even as a Gold member.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 10:06 pm

Did anybody get voucher or miles

coukdnt convince my wife to keep the tickets so we cancelled before the 24 hr window was up. Did all of these get cancelled and anybody end up with vouchers or miles or was just flat sorry here’s your money?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.