Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] JL/AA CGK-BOS/MIA $2,451 r/t

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] JL/AA CGK-BOS/MIA $2,451 r/t

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2018, 6:57 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by Global321
They are deep into moving airlines around. The plan is/was for all international airlines to move to terminal 3 by May 2018. It did not happen. Now it is the end of 2018. So far that has not been completed.

In my case, flying MH to QR - both One World - requires tracking from terminal 2 to terminal 3. This requires clearing customs each time, each way. It can be a long haul between terminals. You must use the SkyTrain.
Thanks for that information. I'm flying into CGK with MH and then connecting to QF on a separate ticket. MH will interline and I've allowed enough time for that but I was concerned your comment about going through customs when in transit might cause a problem. Customs I can handle; what I'l be very peeved about is having get another visa.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 9:42 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by danger
Thanks for that information. I'm flying into CGK with MH and then connecting to QF on a separate ticket. MH will interline and I've allowed enough time for that but I was concerned your comment about going through customs when in transit might cause a problem. Customs I can handle; what I'l be very peeved about is having get another visa.
What county is your passport? The vast majority of countries (168) are allowed to enter Indonesia without a visa.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 10:56 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
Originally Posted by Global321
In my case, flying MH to QR - both One World - requires tracking from terminal 2 to terminal 3.
I believe you meant to say T3 to T2 for MH to QR. MH uses T3 whilst QR is still at T2 at CGK.

IIRC, MH, QF and soon JL (eff. 26OCT18) are the only OW carriers at T3.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 7:31 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by swingaling
What county is your passport? The vast majority of countries (168) are allowed to enter Indonesia without a visa.
My country isn't one of those, unfortunately.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 11:55 pm

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Thanks OP for highlighting this one, booked CGK-HKG-LAX / LAX-MIA-JFK-BOS / BOS-PHL-MIA-LAX-SYD / SYD-CGK with a week in California and 5 days in Oz on the way back.
rossmacd, cgtechuk and pbd456 like this.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 12:37 am

Programs: QF Plat VA Silver
Originally Posted by Airprox
Thanks OP for highlighting this one, booked CGK-HKG-LAX / LAX-MIA-JFK-BOS / BOS-PHL-MIA-LAX-SYD / SYD-CGK with a week in California and 5 days in Oz on the way back.
Mind if I ask how? That routing exceeds the 11976 MPM for both AA and JL fares?
Old Oct 23, 2018, 1:16 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by AirbrushA380
Mind if I ask how? That routing exceeds the 11976 MPM for both AA and JL fares?
Two factors, firstly the fare had a nice 2000 mile ticketed point deduction for travel via LAX or DFW so that brings the total down considerably. Secondly, most MPM based fares allow you to "buy" extra distance in 5% increments up to 25%, so you can have 5% more distance by increasing the fare 5% etc.
AirbrushA380 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.