FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   [PREM FARE GONE] LH VCE to BOG 920-950 USD per person minimum of two (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/1934952-prem-fare-gone-lh-vce-bog-920-950-usd-per-person-minimum-two.html)

Airhaiku Oct 10, 2018 6:26 pm

[PREM FARE GONE] LH VCE to BOG 920-950 USD per person minimum of two

Just booked this great fare for Jun next year. Still waiting for e tkts to arrive.
After finding here a fare from Vienna for about 1100 eur, I checked for curiosity from Venice which is much closer to me. Hey, what a surprise! Great deal. I played a little with Kayak and Momondo which redirect you to others like Expedia, Orbitz and others. Fares vary, sometimes get higher and I finally booked through Expedia. I picked in June, but I think it is highly available through other months as well
On one leg you get direct Fra-bog on 346, on other leg you get an extra stop in PTY or SJC or MIA where you can also combine with LX or OS. So I choose bog-mia on Av 330 connecting to Zrh on LX 330. So all lie flats I suppose anddifferent products to compare.
Just hoping they are not cancelling this fare!

klausa Oct 10, 2018 6:59 pm

I can't replicate. Do you have GFlights links?

Gino Troian Oct 10, 2018 7:18 pm

The fare is there, but I can't get it to price...

V FARE BASIS BK FARE TRAVEL-TICKET AP MINMAX RTG
1 PAXCNIA P‡R 776.00 D30SE T28OC - 6/ 3M AT01
PASSENGER TYPE-ADT AUTO PRICE-YES
FROM-VCE TO-BOG CXR-LH TVL-12JUN19 RULE-AKIT SAR2RPV/286
FARE BASIS-PAXCNIA SPECIAL FARE DIS-E VENDOR-ATP
FARE TYPE-BXN RT-BUSINESS CLASS EXCURSION NON REFUNDABLE
EUR 675.00 6001 E09OCT18 D30SEP19 FC-PAXCNIA FN-7K
SYSTEM DATES - CREATED 08OCT18/0029 EXPIRES INFINITY

PUBLISHED RTG VCE-BOG/LH6001/TAR-SAARG EF-09OCT18 DIS-INDEF

/VIA THE ATLANTIC/
MAP CONSTRUCTED LEFT TO RIGHT AND RIGHT TO LEFT
1. VCE-LH-ZRH/VIE/MUC/GVA/FRA/DUS/CGN-ZRH/VIE/MUC/GVA/FRA/
DUS/CGN-LH-SAO/RIO/PTY/BUE/BOG-PZ/LH/LA/G3/CM/AV/AR-BOG
2. VCE-LH-ZRH/VIE/MUC/GVA/FRA/DUS/CGN-ZRH/VIE/MUC/GVA/FRA/
DUS/CGN-LH-SJO/PTY/MIA/CUN/BOG-LH/LA/CM/AV-BOG
3. VCE-LH-ZRH/VIE/MUC/GVA/FRA/DUS/CGN-ZRH/VIE/MUC/GVA/FRA/
DUS/CGN-LH-BOG

Kajetan Oct 10, 2018 7:25 pm

Works on Kayak. 2 pax min

hogo74 Oct 10, 2018 7:27 pm

I see PAXCNIA as a companion fare:

NOTE - THE FOLLOWING TEXT IS INFORMATIONAL AND NOT
VALIDATED FOR AUTOPRICING.
LUFTHANSA COMPANION FARE
APPLICATION
AREA
THESE FARES APPLY
FROM AREA 2
TO AREA 1.
CLASS OF SERVICE
THESE FARES APPLY FOR BUSINESS CLASS SERVICE.

This fare does show up for me when searching on ITA for 2 passengers, but the a.i. price per passenger is ~US$1500. The base fare (per passenger) is indeed ~US$780, but there also is a YQ of US$575 and then some taxes. On ITA, I cannot replicate the cheap a.i. price the OP found, not when looking for two passengers and certainly not when looking for just one passenger.

Edited to add: OP is correct, the price does show up when searching for 2 passengers on kayak, and it can also be pulled up on expedia e.g. Nov. 14 - 21 when doing a simple VCE-BOG search for 2 passengers in business.

groovyfly Oct 10, 2018 8:00 pm

Have played around with this and I also see the fare. Works out of MXP too (probably other) and for a single passenger too.

Was about to pull the trigger, but I'm alarmed by the fact that I can only find one TA, Bravofly, that offers the flight. Other OTA's that I see on Expedia, Kayak etc charge the advertised sale-price, so seems this Bravofly has not included YQ!?

Reading this particular OTA's poor online reviews with regard to bad customer service, I'll pass on this, even though a trip to Columbia over Easter was very tempting.

Fingers crossed for all of you who jump on this.

zoqfotpik Oct 10, 2018 10:00 pm

It looks like a self-dump when an AV segment is included...the same happens on first class (fare basis AAXCNIA) which costs ~2.300€ pp.
These companion fares are also availalbe to other destinations (GRU/GIG/EZE/etc) but the routing table doesn't seem to include AV.

Ricky Lewis Oct 10, 2018 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by groovyfly (Post 30301965)
Have played around with this and I also see the fare. Works out of MXP too (probably other) and for a single passenger too.

Was about to pull the trigger, but I'm alarmed by the fact that I can only find one TA, Bravofly, that offers the flight. Other OTA's that I see on Expedia, Kayak etc charge the advertised sale-price, so seems this Bravofly has not included YQ!?

Reading this particular OTA's poor online reviews with regard to bad customer service, I'll pass on this, even though a trip to Columbia over Easter was very tempting.

Fingers crossed for all of you who jump on this.

thanks just booked MXP-BOG for last week of September and just ticketed. Lufthansa and avianca metal £1400 for 2 people. Great deal!

TerryK Oct 10, 2018 11:39 pm

Great fare. ^ Unfortunately cannot stopover in USA. :(

toppi5000 Oct 11, 2018 12:34 am

possible routing
mxp-zrh-mia (lx p)
mia-bog (av d)
bog-mia (av d)
mia-zrh-mxp (lx p)

fe 6.-13.6.

2 pax, 956 usd pP, travelocity via kayak

thanks to the op for reporting this great fare!

Airhaiku Oct 11, 2018 2:31 am

Sorry, forgot to mention that I searched for three pers, so I guess min is two.
i got e tkt numbers which I can see on expedia, as well as on LH and LX my bookings.
So I guess everything is fine.
Go to momondo which redirects you to expedia. When I tryed expedia alone, the price was almost doble.
Good luck to everyone!

Kajetan Oct 11, 2018 2:56 am

Fare also available out of other Italian airports BLQ, FLR, TRN. You can easily find one without going through MIA. Some through PTY.

On on a side note FLR routes via GRU and it’s only $909.

airoli Oct 11, 2018 6:37 am

Thanks for sharing. Does anybody have access to the fare rules around minimum stay and travel periods?

klausa Oct 11, 2018 6:38 am

It's been gone for a while now, it has 500E of YQ tacked on now. Still a pretty good deal at ~1300E, but not as amazing as it was before.

klausa Oct 11, 2018 7:01 am

Originally Posted by klausa (Post 30303228)
It's been gone for a while now, it has 500E of YQ tacked on now. Still a pretty good deal at ~1300E, but not as amazing as it was before.

Looks like maybe not completely... I just booked using OS on outbound, AV ticketed.