Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Good UA Mileage Run Star Alliance Partners?

Good UA Mileage Run Star Alliance Partners?

Old Oct 7, 18, 11:04 am
Original Poster

Question Good UA Mileage Run Star Alliance Partners?

Because of my unfortunate addiction to the United 1K status, I am already starting to plot how I can reach 1K for 2020. Premier Qualifying Miles (PQM) is the problem for me especially now that P fare, which I only recently discovered, is going down to 150%.

I am starting to do some research. It seems LH Group, while offering 100% PQM on even the very discounted Y fares, is a pain because everything, even seat assignment is extra. SQ, on the other end, offers 0% RDM and PQM on many fares.

What are some good *A partners that are good for mileage runs? (Or what do I look for on LH and SQ that can get me both PQMs and some basic benefits like seat assignment?)

Thanks.
Old Oct 7, 18, 2:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA PLT, HH Gold, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Accor Silver, National EE, Hertz PC
For premium fares, AC is a viable option because I believe deep discount J will continue to earn 200% PQM next year and they often offer competitive long-haul fares ex-USA. NH is good for mileage accrual, too, if your travels take you in that direction.
Old Oct 7, 18, 10:10 pm
Original Poster

Thanks. Yes, AC's (and NH's) P class is still 200% but there are speculation that since UA is changing its own P to 150% effective 1/1 (and based on travel date, not ticketing date), they might end up doing the same with AC and NH.
Old Oct 21, 18, 12:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Bonvoy PLAT, Fairmont PLAT, Priority Pass
avoid TK

I agree that AC is your best option.
Avoid TK.

Search this Thread