FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   [PREM FARE GONE] AM: YYZ/YUL/YVR-GRU from $1251 US (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/1932681-prem-fare-gone-am-yyz-yul-yvr-gru-1251-us.html)

vincewy Sep 26, 18 4:47 pm

[PREM FARE GONE] AM: YYZ/YUL/YVR-GRU from $1251 US

Sample dates - May 23rd - June 4th, Feb 28th - March 5th. As low as $1400 USD from OTAs with usual caveats. Around $1900 CAD. Get it while it lasts.

p.s. Not earth shattering but also seeing JFK-EZE for $1634, can be on Dreamliners for all 4 segments.

vincewy Oct 3, 18 10:48 pm

Earlier it went back up to above $1600 USD, now it's back at $1483 for YYZ-GRU, $1488 for YUL-GRU, both USD, close to $2K CDN. Seen on AM's own website. Perhaps less from other OTAs.

Sample dates May 24th - June 4th 2019.

vincewy Oct 4, 18 8:13 pm

Just came up, now YVR-GRU for $1251 (5/23-6/4), YUL-GRU for $1326 on Flight Network (some caveats apply), a little more on Expedia.

Also YUL/YVR/YYZ-SCL from $1578/$1540/$1668 USD (5/23-6/4) booked on Flight Network (some caveats apply), a little more on Expedia.

vincewy Mar 25, 19 10:53 pm

This is back, seeing YYZ/YUL - GRU for $1458 USD ($2000 CAD)

rajpatel Mar 29, 19 12:45 pm

Sample dates? Great find btw

jfkeze Apr 13, 19 6:26 am

AM: YYZ/YUL to GRU from USD1443 and earn 5534 MQDs!

Another nice Aeromexico sale this time from Toronto and Montreal with prices in the $1440s range. I selected Labor Day weekend (even if it's a US holiday as YUL and YYZ can work for US based flyers) Some flights to GRU are on the 787-8 with 2-2-2 seating and some are on the 787-9.

Source: PCD

Toronto: 19884 MQMs, 26512 RDMs, 5302 MQDs - FlyingBlue XPs (108 YYZ-MEX 24*2 + MEX-GRU 30*2)
Montreal: 20754 MQMs, 27672 RDMs, 5534 MQDs - FlyingBlue XPs (108 YUL-MEX 24*2 + MEX-GRU 30*2)

Usual warning with crediting Aeromexico to Delta... keep all Boarding Passes, request that your SkyMiles number be added at Checkin and keep screenshots of the purchase email and other communications indicating that it is a Business Class fare...

Toronto to Sao Paulo

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-LWfrsL1vf...140202__01.jpg

Montreal to Sao Paulo
https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-d-6g6zFce...140420__01.jpg

vincewy Apr 13, 19 9:20 am

This has been around for 2 weeks.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/prem...u-1251-us.html

Personally I'm done with AM/DL until I see another cheap US/Canada - SCL deal around $1000, primarily due to their mileage accrual issues.

mspflier Apr 13, 19 3:30 pm

Just booked this. Thanks OP!

bgriff Apr 14, 19 11:52 am

Be aware that many people have had issues getting full business class credit with Delta for AM flights booked on certain cheap business class fares (AM treats them as Y-up fares). Booking through Orbitz, which gives a receipt showing only the class of service and not the full fare basis, seems to help in some cases and would be recommended to reduce risk.

jfkeze Apr 14, 19 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by bgriff (Post 30999474)
Be aware that many people have had issues getting full business class credit with Delta for AM flights booked on certain cheap business class fares (AM treats them as Y-up fares). Booking through Orbitz, which gives a receipt showing only the class of service and not the full fare basis, seems to help in some cases and would be recommended to reduce risk.

Usual warning with crediting Aeromexico to Delta...
I've even used Twitter to get reconfirmations that the fare is in Business Class and credits as such... Yes, it shouldn't be such a hassle... "Average Joe Flyer" doesn't understand Y-ups and if Ticket says Business, email says Business, Boarding Pass says Business it should credit properly, but keep a paper trail: all Boarding Passes, request that your SkyMiles number be added at Check in and keep screenshots of the purchase email and other communications indicating that it is a Business Class fare... After all these are not "flash sales" but normal market prices...

JAeX Jun 11, 19 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by jfkeze (Post 30999931)
Usual warning with crediting Aeromexico to Delta...
I've even used Twitter to get reconfirmations that the fare is in Business Class and credits as such... Yes, it shouldn't be such a hassle... "Average Joe Flyer" doesn't understand Y-ups and if Ticket says Business, email says Business, Boarding Pass says Business it should credit properly, but keep a paper trail: all Boarding Passes, request that your SkyMiles number be added at Check in and keep screenshots of the purchase email and other communications indicating that it is a Business Class fare... After all these are not "flash sales" but normal market prices...

Having this exact issue. My wife, on the same itinerary, was credited correctly but I've been told by two agents at the DM desk who called over to the help desk that my ticket has a purchase class of Q and therefore they are unable to credit as I class despite the reservation, boarding passes, etc. all indicating I class.

I've flown on these types of fares in the past and have never had an issue. I'm hoping HUCA works here...

Mileage Lover Jun 11, 19 11:23 pm

Originally Posted by JAeX (Post 31194007)
Having this exact issue. My wife, on the same itinerary, was credited correctly but I've been told by two agents at the DM desk who called over to the help desk that my ticket has a purchase class of Q and therefore they are unable to credit as I class despite the reservation, boarding passes, etc. all indicating I class.

I've flown on these types of fares in the past and have never had an issue. I'm hoping HUCA works here...

Mileage Lover Jun 11, 19 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by Mileage Lover (Post 31194061)

Good luck. Exact same exact thing happened to me. My wife posted fine and I finally gave up on mine after countless emails and calls. :(

jfkeze Jun 12, 19 2:29 am

Originally Posted by Mileage Lover (Post 31194065)

Good luck. Exact same exact thing happened to me. My wife posted fine and I finally gave up on mine after countless emails and calls. :(

Never take NO for an answer...
You bought a Business Class ticket and there is plenty of data to back it up... If I were you I'd try these options...
1) HUCA
2) Escalate via email to executive team (seems like it would never work but this 2016 article says the contrary)
Email detailed info: ticket in Business, Confirmation, copy of boarding pass, etc Here are some names and email format...
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...65f580bbdb.jpg
3) This is the nuclear option, DOT complaint for misrepresentation, you acquired a ticket with certain benefits associated with it, if the Delta system has an error , perhaps a complaint can help guide them towards fixing it... That's the final option , but try executive team, try have teams that work with customers who email them...

vincewy Jun 12, 19 12:05 pm

Another data point, recently got miles credited to my Delta SM from my JFK-MEX flights (end of Feb-beginning of March), almost 3 months to be exact. Anyone looking at major mileage accruals with AM (especially AM to DL) needs be ready to wait out.

BTW this fare is long gone and got necro bumped. Anyway, we should see more deals from AM later, just be ready to deal with AM/DL.