Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] F9: 90%-off most routes (ex: ATL-SJC $69.40 RT .0164/EQM) buy by 8/29

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] F9: 90%-off most routes (ex: ATL-SJC $69.40 RT .0164/EQM) buy by 8/29

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2018, 1:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.

I know Frontier isn't the first-choice airline of many here, but for those who find it tolerable (and better than Spirit), today (Tuesday 8/28) was a milestone of sorts in the annual waiting game for fare drops for the lowest late-August and September periods.

Here's a link to the promo page

They finally did a pretty good price drop on many routes from 9/5 through 10/4 with only Fridays and Sundays excluded.

I bagged two weekends (Sat thru Mon.) for ATL-SJC at $69.40 RT each, which works out to 1.64 cents per EQM.

Other possibles from ATL: CVG $60.30 RT, COS $82.90 RT, DEN 71.40 RT, AUS 67.40 RT. I'm biased for searching for the ATL routes, but this is nationwide and your city might have an even better selection (depending on how much F9 service you have).

There IS a mileage game on Frontier...the miles are distance-based and elite status can be had for 20K flown miles. They've recently made some mostly positive changes, though expiration is still too aggressive (need activity every 6 months to keep balance going), and it's a lot easier now to just try to get elite status via credit-card spend if you get their card and spend enough on it.

That aside, a key difference between Frontier and other ULCCs is that the elite tier includes a few perks that actually make the flying experience more tolerable, like free reserved seating for most of the plane on booking, a chance to upgrade to stretch seating free at check-in (if any left), a free full-size carry-on, priority boarding and some fee waivers, all at the 20K level. Recently they've added higher tiers with a few more perks (including small mileage bonuses), but thankfully they realized that most people outside hubs like DEN and MCO would have trouble flying them that much even if they wanted to, as service is still thin to many places but growing.

There's also a semi-decent chance at domestic awards at 10K OW/20K RT saver level (otherwise twice that for standard). They're also flying more places internationally but haven't got the scheduling, pricing or award pricing in good shape yet for most cities that would need a connecting flight.

Because they pad in bogus mandatory fees like the "carrier interface charge" that they don't apply the 90% off to, you don't really get 90% off. Still, it can be a good deal in many cases, especially if flexible on your dates and times.
Cthunder86 likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 10:58 am

Programs: all, none, somewhere in between
Can’t get this to work, even when complying with all the dates, days, and routes restrictions.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 11:25 am

Programs: 1K - UAL, Platinum DL, Marriott, Hilton, SPG
Originally Posted by jmj8778
Can’t get this to work, even when complying with all the dates, days, and routes restrictions.
Expired 8/29

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.