Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] BA : GBP 859 RT Business EDI (LHR-DOH) PEN Oct 18 - July19

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] BA : GBP 859 RT Business EDI (LHR-DOH) PEN Oct 18 - July19

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2018, 2:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GFL, OW Gold, CX/MP Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by SCSA
I get the feeling this was a cheeky flash sale on a new route/codeshare. People are acting like marked fare differences between code share partners never happens, when it happens every day. Has anyone been ticketed?
Yes, ticketed, seats assigned etc.
SCSA likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 2:42 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by Schwann
That's been there for a while now.
Indeed
Old Aug 23, 2018, 4:26 am

Programs: AAdvantage, and BAEC in name only
This may be a naive question how do we know that this was a indeed a planned, deliberate flash sale, especially as the bookings were available thru BA, but not (as I understand) QR?
Old Aug 23, 2018, 4:38 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by LSunbury
This may be a naive question how do we know that this was a indeed a planned, deliberate flash sale, especially as the bookings were available thru BA, but not (as I understand) QR?
We only know what the airlines tell us. Qatar has form for business class flash sales of exactly this sort of thing, though: 2015 CPH-BKK ~£850, 2016 OSL-BKK ~£600, 2017 BRU-TYO £550...
SCSA and godsavethepoints like this.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 4:41 am

Programs: BAEC
Awesome. Report back on how you found Penang!
godsavethepoints likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 5:08 am

Originally Posted by armouredant
We only know what the airlines tell us. Qatar has form for business class flash sales of exactly this sort of thing, though: 2015 CPH-BKK ~£850, 2016 OSL-BKK ~£600, 2017 BRU-TYO £550...
Cheers. How does QR communicate these flash sales? What is the best way to get first-hand news?
Old Aug 23, 2018, 5:17 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Barkinpark
Cheers. How does QR communicate these flash sales? What is the best way to get first-hand news?
Probably this forum, but the usual blogs are pretty fast at spreading the news too.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by Barkinpark
This particular one was a BA fare, not a QR fare.
Calchas likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 4:19 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Arrow Moderator warning

Before I move this to the Discussion Forum I would like to remind members that you are allowed to discuss the fare. Off topic discussions about blogs are not allowed, but feel free to visit the External Miles and Points Resources Forum.

There have been multiple Rule 12 violations. Kindly review Rule 12, which I have posted for your convenience:

12. Abusive Or Disruptive Behavior Or Content

12.1 Friendly, Respectful and Welcoming

FlyerTalk is a community and is intended to be a friendly, helpful and collegial place.

Please post in a friendly, respectful, welcoming manner. 'Snarky,' unfriendly posts will not be allowed. If you don't have something constructive to contribute to a thread, please do not post.

Unhelpful posts, such as "Do a search" or those that merely comment on the worthiness of others' posts or threads are neither friendly nor welcoming and will not be allowed. If you can't be helpful or contribute substantive content to a thread, please refrain from posting.

12.2 Avoid Getting Personal

If you have a difference of opinion with another member, challenge the idea — NOT the person. Getting personal with another member is not allowed. Personal attacks, insults, baiting and flaming will not be tolerated.

FlyerTalk is a diverse, multi-cultural community. Expressions of prejudice or discrimination in any form are not permitted (such as those concerning race, nationality, religious belief, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, etc).

If another member gets personal with you, do not retaliate. Retaliation may well subject you to the same discipline. Instead, please use the 'Alert a moderator to this thread' button in the lower-left-hand-corner of each post, send a note explaining your concern to the moderator team, and leave it to them to handle. Please also see Rule 22 — When you believe someone has violated the rules.

12.3 Disruptive or repetitive posting

Posts that are inflammatory, inciting or unnecessarily provocative are not allowed.

Disrupting a forum by repetitively posting comments of the same general theme or 'piling-on' by posting merely to reinforce or bump a prior post of a disruptive nature are both examples of disruptive posting and not permitted.

Pat89339, Moderator
Mileage Run Forum
Old Sep 3, 2018, 2:52 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
All quiet on the Western Front...?
Old Sep 6, 2018, 2:02 am

Programs: AAdvantage, and BAEC in name only
Originally Posted by obduro
All quiet on the Western Front...?
In terms of BA coming back to cancel the tickets? Seemingly so, I have seen no reports of this happening.

My trip is not until February so not worrying about add-ons as yet.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 2:00 pm

In case you didn't see in the news or over on the BA forum. The BA website was compromised during the booking period for this. I for one have had some dubious credit card activity since making this booking, which now makes sense if you see the news.

Check you credit card accounts and change those ba.com passwords just in case!
Old Sep 6, 2018, 2:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GFL, OW Gold, CX/MP Diamond, SPG Plat
Same. And BA Amex cards with fraudulant transactions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.