Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] SWISS Companion fares exUK in First & Biz ( from 999GBP per person)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] SWISS Companion fares exUK in First & Biz ( from 999GBP per person)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2018, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by Nizar
3/ Can someone recommend a good TA who works globally ? I have a guy for hotels (Virtuoso etc) but not for airfares. Feel free to either reply on here or PM.

Cheers
sent you a DM
Old Aug 25, 2018, 12:23 am

Hi guys, just a couple of questions about this fare please.

1/ I am based in Aus and was planning a Europe trip for 2019 may/june so could use this flight to help get home from there (was thinking LHR-HKG or something like that) but then I wouldn't need to use the return leg (eg. HKG-LHR) until past the validity of this fare (perhaps late 2019 or early 2020). For those of you who have done something similar before, could I call up LX/LH after I have taken the outbound leg and get the inbound leg dates pushed back for a nominal change fee ? Or will this likely trigger a reprice and I would have to pay a "fare difference" or several thousand or more ? If I just "lose" that second leg this companion sale fare is still (substantially ?) more than I would otherwise pay for one way F isn't it ?

2/ And just to complicate things further we have an infant who will be about 1 year old by the time the outbound leg of this flight will be taken (born May 2018). Should we mention this from the outset to our agent or just book the companion fare for my wife and I and then add my son to the booking later. How much will this likely add to the fare ?

3/ Can someone recommend a good TA who works globally ? I have a guy for hotels (Virtuoso etc) but not for airfares. Feel free to either reply on here or PM.

Cheers
1. I’ve taken a similar offer on LX before. Flights were not changeable. We tried to change one short haul leg after being given incorrect information about checking bags and they quoted something like €8000 p/pax!

2. You can add the infant now. Cost will be around 8-10% of your adult ticket price, I guess depending on the airport taxes of your chosen airports.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 12:24 am

Programs: BA Exec GGL CCR, Turkish M&S Elite, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold, Avis First Plus

2/ And just to complicate things further we have an infant who will be about 1 year old by the time the outbound leg of this flight will be taken (born May 2018). Should we mention this from the outset to our agent or just book the companion fare for my wife and I and then add my son to the booking later. How much will this likely add to the fare ?

Cheers
First of all congratulations on your kid. Secondly, it won't be an issue to add to the ticket but preferably do it from the start. Your infant doesn't start hiking up your airfare until they turn two. If I remember correctly it will be 10% of your individual ticket cost.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 3:24 am

Programs: A3*G
Does anyone know how fussed LX are about the 4th leg? In other words, if I book my feeder flight xxx - LHR; ZRH - xxx, will LX assist by checking my luggage all the way to xxx (rather than to LHR) on the inbound? I guess the answer will be "no", but it can't hurt to ask (on FT).

And, equally as important: If the 1st leg takes place on day 1 and the 2nd leg takes place on day 2, will there be access to the ZRH FCLs on day 1 (upon arrival in ZRH)?

Last edited by ObserverA3; Aug 25, 2018 at 6:37 am
Old Aug 25, 2018, 1:09 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ObserverA3
Does anyone know how fussed LX are about the 4th leg? In other words, if I book my feeder flight xxx - LHR; ZRH - xxx, will LX assist by checking my luggage all the way to xxx (rather than to LHR) on the inbound? I guess the answer will be "no", but it can't hurt to ask (on FT).
Do you mean on the return leg you plan to miss the ZRH-LHR leg and instead fly ZRH-xxx? You can certainly shortcheck your luggage to ZRH (some airlines do not allow this) but I’m not sure if they’ll check it through to xxx.

And, equally as important: If the 1st leg takes place on day 1 and the 2nd leg takes place on day 2, will there be access to the ZRH FCLs on day 1 (upon arrival in ZRH)?
On your outbound or inbound? No access to the FCL upon arrival from LHR if your F flight is next day. You can access the FCL when you arrive in F on the day of arrival.

I suggest you ask LX specific questions in the dedicated LX forum.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 10:09 pm

Programs: QFF, AA, LM, EY
Originally Posted by icestealth
First of all congratulations on your kid. Secondly, it won't be an issue to add to the ticket but preferably do it from the start. Your infant doesn't start hiking up your airfare until they turn two. If I remember correctly it will be 10% of your individual ticket cost.
Cheers yes we are thrilled !!
And thanks for the info.

Any idea which program would be best to credit the miles from this fare ?
Old Aug 26, 2018, 9:51 am

I would be interested in this too. Starting from scratch on Star Alliance.

Thanks.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 11:12 am

Hi guys, just a couple of questions about this fare please.

1/ I am based in Aus and was planning a Europe trip for 2019 may/june so could use this flight to help get home from there (was thinking LHR-HKG or something like that) but then I wouldn't need to use the return leg (eg. HKG-LHR) until past the validity of this fare (perhaps late 2019 or early 2020). For those of you who have done something similar before, could I call up LX/LH after I have taken the outbound leg and get the inbound leg dates pushed back for a nominal change fee ? Or will this likely trigger a reprice and I would have to pay a "fare difference" or several thousand or more ? If I just "lose" that second leg this companion sale fare is still (substantially ?) more than I would otherwise pay for one way F isn't it ?

Cheers
Can you tell us exactly which dates you're traveling so the rest of us can hopefully avoid spending 10 hours trapped in the F cabin with your screaming infant?

TIA
Old Aug 26, 2018, 3:21 pm

Programs: QFF, AA, LM, EY
Originally Posted by ChrisKSDF
Can you tell us exactly which dates you're traveling so the rest of us can hopefully avoid spending 10 hours trapped in the F cabin with your screaming infant?

TIA
Lol don't be a hater bro
Old Aug 26, 2018, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by BlueHorizonUK

I would be interested in this too. Starting from scratch on Star Alliance.

Thanks.
There are several that gives miles x 3 for Lufthansa and Swiss in first. Aegean, TAP and Ethiopian and possibly other
Old Aug 26, 2018, 4:13 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

https://www.wheretocredit.com/swiss/a
jakobost likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 6:06 pm

Programs: BA
Thanks OP. Girlfriend and I booked LX 777 First Class LHR-HKG in the new suite over 4th of July. Finally gonna make it to Bali. Much love to all the Flyertalkers who make this possible. Friends always marvel at how we are able to find great fares and it's because of all the great people who share on here. I hope it compares to AF 777 First (another FT fare) which so far has been my favorite cabin/experience to date.

Two Questions:

1.) Assuming we stay in London pre-departure does LX provide Limo service for FC passengers to LHR?
2.) Any suggestions on best lounges at LHR and HKG open to *A first class passengers?

Also, if guest access is allowed, we'd be happy to take in someone who needs access. :-) DM me if interested.
vantage03 likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 3:05 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by PookieMalibu25
Thanks OP. Girlfriend and I booked LX 777 First Class LHR-HKG in the new suite over 4th of July. Finally gonna make it to Bali. Much love to all the Flyertalkers who make this possible. Friends always marvel at how we are able to find great fares and it's because of all the great people who share on here. I hope it compares to AF 777 First (another FT fare) which so far has been my favorite cabin/experience to date.

Two Questions:

1.) Assuming we stay in London pre-departure does LX provide Limo service for FC passengers to LHR?
2.) Any suggestions on best lounges at LHR and HKG open to *A first class passengers?

Also, if guest access is allowed, we'd be happy to take in someone who needs access. :-) DM me if interested.
Great, enjoy it!
1) Yes, if the ticket was issued in the UK. If you purchase it on SWISS.com, it qualifies.
2) LHR you will only use the LH Senator lounge, not too exciting. HKG you can use SQ, TG or UA. SQ is the pick by far, but windowless and I wouldn’t get there early for it..!
PookieMalibu25 likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by PookieMalibu25
In addition to the LH lounge in T2A at LHR, if you have the time you can also access other lounges in T2B as well though I don't think you can access the First Class section of the UA and SQ lounges. Allow 10-15 minutes to get there and to get back to your departure gate in T2A.
PookieMalibu25 likes this.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Aug 28, 2018 at 5:55 am Reason: clarification
Old Aug 27, 2018, 3:50 pm

Great thread. One question I still have is: Is there a way to book this fare with LX/LH so that you get miles according to the old scheme (based on mileage, not money)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.