Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] SWISS Companion fares exUK in First & Biz ( from 999GBP per person)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] SWISS Companion fares exUK in First & Biz ( from 999GBP per person)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2018, 9:42 pm

Programs: AA PP, OZ *G, Hyatt Expl, Marriott Gold, Lots of Ex-statuses
Originally Posted by torontochinese
no, I was not saying to buy another one two years later, I was saying they could create a sale if I buy two tickets at the same time for different travel date, it is the same profit for swiss as companion fare.
They believe they can extract even more profit from you i.e. a solo travel on two different dates. Let's say a companion fare is 999GBP pp, so 1999 GBP total. Let's say you're willing to pay 999 GBP per ticket for two different trips. But maybe your willingness to pay is higher i..e you'd pay up to 1199 GBP per ticket i.e. 2399 GBP for both. Maybe the leisure travelers decide that's too much and price themselves out of the market.

Airline's revenue management are responsible for figuring out who's willing to pay how much. They think they can make *even more* profit from someone like you, so they'll have a different deal/sale for your type of traveler (which is many of us I'd imagine).
Yemona likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 12:49 am

Programs: British Airways Avios, JetPrivilege
Hi, new member of FT here. I am based out of MAA (India) and my girlfriend and I are thinking of flying to London early next year in F class with these fares. Is there any way I could book the same tickets only originating out of India ?

Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 1:16 am

Originally Posted by karthik676
Hi, new member of FT here. I am based out of MAA (India) and my girlfriend and I are thinking of flying to London early next year in F class with these fares. Is there any way I could book the same tickets only originating out of India ?

Thanks in advance.
Nop, unless it‘s a sale ex India.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by ecoforfuture

Yep, we did a HKG flight (MAN-FRA (8h)-MUC-HKG and same return this october!
Be aware, that these tickets are issed in GER and may not be used for limo service!

Best would be, if you already have some flights in your mind you would like to fly.
Hi. Can you explain this in a bit more detail please? What limo should you get, but don't if tickets issued in Germany? Thanks.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by northeastflyer
Hi. Can you explain this in a bit more detail please? What limo should you get, but don't if tickets issued in Germany? Thanks.
Here are the details. Note the statement "This offer is only valid for tickets* issued in the UK or Ireland."
Old Aug 21, 2018, 7:40 pm

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by nickohrn
Here are the details. Note the statement "This offer is only valid for tickets* issued in the UK or Ireland."
how do I determine where my ticket was issued?
Old Aug 21, 2018, 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by Lewis42
I have no idea. I messaged Swiss International Airlines on Twitter and asked them to confirm I would have access to car service in London, they asked for my booking reference, and then confirmed that I would.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 4:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Lewis42

IME it’s any ticket originating in U.K. booked on LH.com
Old Aug 22, 2018, 5:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
A couple of questions as I'm booking one of these for my parents:
  1. Is there an easy way to book LH one way and LX the other? Not having any luck using either site directly or Kayak.
  2. My mother is vegetarian - I've never flown LX in F, is there usually a vegetarian option for each course on the menu?
  3. If I have to book either one all the way, which would people recommend? They haven't experienced either in F, and while I love the LH F experience, I've never experienced LX so can't comment. Seems that the general consensus is that LX is slightly better esp. with the new ZRH lounge thrown in?
thanks!
Old Aug 22, 2018, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by cricketer
  1. Is there an easy way to book LH one way and LX the other? Not having any luck using either site directly or Kayak.
  2. My mother is vegetarian - I've never flown LX in F, is there usually a vegetarian option for each course on the menu?
  3. If I have to book either one all the way, which would people recommend? They haven't experienced either in F, and while I love the LH F experience, I've never experienced LX so can't comment. Seems that the general consensus is that LX is slightly better esp. with the new ZRH lounge thrown in?
thanks!
I was able to book LH one way and LX the other using Expedia. Dates were limited for which that was a possibility and it might be limited even more depending on your destinations. From what others have said here, you might want to hit up a travel agent with your desired itinerary and some dates that work and they might be able to help.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 5:18 pm

Programs: LH Senator ★
thanks!
1. No easy way, I just spend 2 hours trying that. Lufthansa, Swiss, Orbitz, Kayak, Expedia, all failed. I will call Lufthansa tomorrow, for $100 extra
2. You can select a Vegetarian meal (1+ days before flight!) and then you are guaranteed to have a nice option.
3. No strong points here. Look at the planes flying the route you want. Can you sit on a plane you haven't been to? Pick that. I really want to try Swiss 777 for example.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 5:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Thanks all. Ended up getting LH on the outbound and LX on the return, with 5 hours in the F lounges in each direction for them. They'll have the experience of a lifetime (though I have had them in TG F before, so it will be interesting to see how it compares for them). Did use a travel agent to get it done, and they were able to book it on dates for which I couldn't find it on any site, so worth the extra fee.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 6:25 pm

whoever said amex plantinum travel can split payment is not true, I called and I was told that they could only take one form of payment, aka one credit card per reservation.

so I don't think strangers can pay through amex travel to split the payment.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Thanks all. Ended up getting LH on the outbound and LX on the return, with 5 hours in the F lounges in each direction for them. They'll have the experience of a lifetime (though I have had them in TG F before, so it will be interesting to see how it compares for them). Did use a travel agent to get it done, and they were able to book it on dates for which I couldn't find it on any site, so worth the extra fee.
Good on you 👍

Both LH & LX are better than TG in F IME & the lounges on a different scale.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 4:53 pm

Programs: QFF, AA, LM, EY
Hi guys, just a couple of questions about this fare please.

1/ I am based in Aus and was planning a Europe trip for 2019 may/june so could use this flight to help get home from there (was thinking LHR-HKG or something like that) but then I wouldn't need to use the return leg (eg. HKG-LHR) until past the validity of this fare (perhaps late 2019 or early 2020). For those of you who have done something similar before, could I call up LX/LH after I have taken the outbound leg and get the inbound leg dates pushed back for a nominal change fee ? Or will this likely trigger a reprice and I would have to pay a "fare difference" or several thousand or more ? If I just "lose" that second leg this companion sale fare is still (substantially ?) more than I would otherwise pay for one way F isn't it ?

2/ And just to complicate things further we have an infant who will be about 1 year old by the time the outbound leg of this flight will be taken (born May 2018). Should we mention this from the outset to our agent or just book the companion fare for my wife and I and then add my son to the booking later. How much will this likely add to the fare ?

3/ Can someone recommend a good TA who works globally ? I have a guy for hotels (Virtuoso etc) but not for airfares. Feel free to either reply on here or PM.

Cheers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.