Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] AA/BA: CAI-MEX o/w $1488USD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] AA/BA: CAI-MEX o/w $1488USD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2018, 1:37 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott, IHG, Sirius, Dusit, Thai, Virgin, Hyatt, BAA, AS, AA(both)
Originally Posted by raporot
any way to go MEX without USA?
From memory AA across the Atlantic is in the fare rules
raporot likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 2:06 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
The fare is refundable without any fee. Been there and done that with this fare once already due to changed plans.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FijiBill
This worries me:

THE ORIGNAL NON-REFUNDABLE AMOUNT REMAINS NON-
REFUNDABLE.

and this

THE ORIGINAL AMOUNT REMAINS NON-REFUNDABLE.

?
This is just standard boiler plate text. It means if you combine this fare with a non refundable fare to form a pricing unit, when the refund for a cancellation is calculated the agent should remember not to refund any non refundable component.

Air fares are cancellable and changeable for free by default. The fare has to specify any penalties.

The fare is cancellable without penalty.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by raporot
any way to go MEX without USA?
The fare component must include travel via each transatlantic sector by an AA flight operated by AA.

There are no AA op by AA flights across the Atlantic which do not touch the US.

So not on this fare.
raporot likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 3:32 pm

Programs: aadvantage, mileage plus, millemiglia
Does anyone know how long the permitted stopovers may be? In the examples that have been posted above, they seem to be quite short. I'm having trouble getting this to price for my dates. Could it be that I'm making the stopovers too long?
Old Aug 6, 2018, 4:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by goldmarch
Does anyone know how long the permitted stopovers may be? In the examples that have been posted above, they seem to be quite short. I'm having trouble getting this to price for my dates. Could it be that I'm making the stopovers too long?
There’s no specific limitation in that regard, but adding stopovers can affect the price substantially depending on the specific situation. To be clear, a stopover is a stop of 24hr+ duaration. A transfer is a stop of 23hr59min or less.

You’re probably running into fare availability (or married segment) issues. I’m ITA, uncheck the box next to “Only show flights and prices with available seats” so you can confirm that your routing is otherwise legal.

If you provide some some specifics about what you’re trying to do, I’ll be happy to help you troubleshoot.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 5:07 pm

Programs: aadvantage, mileage plus, millemiglia
Originally Posted by swingaling

There’s no specific limitation in that regard, but adding stopovers can affect the price substantially depending on the specific situation. To be clear, a stopover is a stop of 24hr+ duaration. A transfer is a stop of 23hr59min or less.

You’re probably running into fare availability (or married segment) issues. I’m ITA, uncheck the box next to “Only show flights and prices with available seats” so you can confirm that your routing is otherwise legal.

If you provide some some specifics about what you’re trying to do, I’ll be happy to help you troubleshoot.
Thank you for this advice. I will play around with ITA and see if I can get something to work. I'm trying to fly CAI-FCO, spend 3-4 days in Rome, then fly FCO-ORD, stopover 2-3 weeks in Chicago, and finally fly to MEX. I don't yet have the exact date of my meeting in Rome, so I'm playing around with some random dates, but I haven't found any that work. Perhaps FCO is not an allowable stopover. I figured if LHR was ok, so might be FCO, but I'm new at this.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 6:20 pm

The inventiveness of the routings in this thread are awesome. I would love to have a use for this but do not know if I'll find one. I can confirm the CAI - LHR - JFK - LAX - LAS - LAX - MEX routing works and prices around $1,800 with an extremely long "stopover" at home in LAS. I built the itinerary on ITA and then clicked through to AA Europe using ITA PowerTools.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 9:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by goldmarch
Thank you for this advice. I will play around with ITA and see if I can get something to work. I'm trying to fly CAI-FCO, spend 3-4 days in Rome, then fly FCO-ORD, stopover 2-3 weeks in Chicago, and finally fly to MEX. I don't yet have the exact date of my meeting in Rome, so I'm playing around with some random dates, but I haven't found any that work. Perhaps FCO is not an allowable stopover. I figured if LHR was ok, so might be FCO, but I'm new at this.
No, there's no limitations in that regard. Stops in FCO and ORD are definitely possible. You can fly direct CAI-FCO on AZ for about $100 more (AZ charges a higher YQ than BA); IG, EY, LX and RJ are also options to FCO.

Old Aug 6, 2018, 9:51 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, BA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
If you're having trouble pricing up a desired itinerary on ITA, don't forget to try changing the Sales City, When not filled in it defaults to the departure city (Cairo in this case). ime, changing it (to London, for example) can sometimes, result in alternative flights choices being displayed.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 1:26 am

I can't seem to replicate this at all, should I enter the fare code somewhere in ITA?

I tried CAI-AMS-PHX-MEX-JFK-CAI but came out as double the price. Switching AMS for LHR didn't solve the problem, neither did removing JFK from the routing. Can anyone advise? Thanks
Old Aug 7, 2018, 1:46 am

Programs: TK Elite, QR Gold
Originally Posted by dutchgirlDH
I can't seem to replicate this at all, should I enter the fare code somewhere in ITA?

I tried CAI-AMS-PHX-MEX-JFK-CAI but came out as double the price. Switching AMS for LHR didn't solve the problem, neither did removing JFK from the routing. Can anyone advise? Thanks
its double as you are looking at round trip I see. almost all of the above posts are about oneway.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 2:59 am

Programs: BA GGL for a little while longer
I can see 540TPs from the CAI-LHR-JFK-LAX-LAS-LAX-MEX routing (assuming Business Class) at a cost of ($1800 / 1.25) = £1440 giving £2.67/TP.... Is it just me, or is this one not terribly good value for BA TP Runners ?
Old Aug 7, 2018, 3:33 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by OverTheHorizon
I can see 540TPs from the CAI-LHR-JFK-LAX-LAS-LAX-MEX routing (assuming Business Class) at a cost of ($1800 / 1.25) = £1440 giving £2.67/TP.... Is it just me, or is this one not terribly good value for BA TP Runners ?
It's just different. Full flex refundable OW fare that can be manipulated to offer 16 segments.

But yes, if you're after BA TPs then certainly when compared to fares like the DUB-HNL "instant Gold" returns for £1200 that were available a few years ago, this won't be exciting you.
Calchas likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 3:36 am

Originally Posted by OverTheHorizon
The flexibility and routing options certainly make it interesting, particularly if I can make it work for business travel with multiple stops in EU and USA. Only caveat is a side-step to MEX (or not!) to complete the ticket, but in all likelihood I can drop that. The TPs are not really a consideration.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.