Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] AA/BA: CAI-MEX o/w $1488USD

[PREM FARE GONE] AA/BA: CAI-MEX o/w $1488USD

Old Aug 7, 18, 4:50 am

Originally Posted by Culture Guru View Post
its double as you are looking at round trip I see. almost all of the above posts are about oneway.
thanks CG - completely missed that, as I read o/w to mean One World - I guess due to all the AA/BA discussion. doh
Old Aug 7, 18, 4:50 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Wozza2404 View Post
It's just different. Full flex refundable OW fare that can be manipulated to offer 16 segments.

But yes, if you're after BA TPs then certainly when compared to fares like the DUB-HNL "instant Gold" returns for £1200 that were available a few years ago, this won't be exciting you.
Well (16 x 40) + (n x 100) would certainly start to move it into the "interesting" bucket

Do you have any example itineraries of 16 Oneworld sectors ?
Old Aug 7, 18, 5:24 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR, Marriott Ti, HH Diamond, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card
Originally Posted by OverTheHorizon View Post
Well (16 x 40) + (n x 100) would certainly start to move it into the "interesting" bucket

Do you have any example itineraries of 16 Oneworld sectors ?
I don't. And in my post OW relates to one way.

I haven't looked into this in any great detail as it's unlikely to work for me, but there are examples upthread of people pricing it with 16 sectors bouncing around the GCC (though obviously not on OW). Looks like the only restriction is MPM, so I'd be looking at CAI-LHR-HEL-LHR-JFK-LAX-LAS-MEX or something and seeing how many other legs you can build in.
BOStonTravels likes this.
Old Aug 7, 18, 5:26 am

Programs: aadvantage, mileage plus, millemiglia
Thank you again Swingaling. It is very kind of you to help me so much. If I can get my dates of my trip finalized in the near future, then this fare will likely be my best bet. The direct between FCO and ORD (in either direction) has become quite expensive lately in Business. In April, I got the direct RT on AA for $2500. I haven't found many similar deals on that route for the fall. To me, just the FCO-ORD leg, given the fact that I can make changes or cancel at the last momentl, is worth most of the price of this ticket. Considering I also have a trip to MEX this fall, I should be able to put something together to use that leg as well.
Old Aug 7, 18, 7:24 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by OverTheHorizon View Post
I can see 540TPs from the CAI-LHR-JFK-LAX-LAS-LAX-MEX routing (assuming Business Class) at a cost of ($1800 / 1.25) = £1440 giving £2.67/TP.... Is it just me, or is this one not terribly good value for BA TP Runners ?
This is nothing special for TP runs, frankly. I found a different fare for £2,300 that will yield 1,400 TP; expandable to 1,680 TP for £2,600. Itís nowhere near as flexible as this fare, so you canít do as much with it. But I think itís probably a pretty decent deal.
Old Aug 7, 18, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by swingaling View Post

Thereís no specific limitation in that regard, but adding stopovers can affect the price substantially depending on the specific situation. To be clear, a stopover is a stop of 24hr+ duaration. A transfer is a stop of 23hr59min or less.

Youíre probably running into fare availability (or married segment) issues. Iím ITA, uncheck the box next to ďOnly show flights and prices with available seatsĒ so you can confirm that your routing is otherwise legal.

If you provide some some specifics about what youíre trying to do, Iíll be happy to help you troubleshoot.
This is a full J fare. Unless you are booking for travel today or tomorrow, I would expect seats to be available.

More likely you are running into a HIP check or a limit on our ability to tell ITA which fare to use for pricing.
Old Aug 7, 18, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by Calchas View Post
This is a full J fare. Unless you are booking for travel today or tomorrow, I would expect seats to be available.

More likely you are running into a HIP check or a limit on our ability to tell ITA which fare to use for pricing.
And perhaps interline carrier inventory issues as well.

In any event, this fare is now dead. Looks like AA pulled it two hours ago.

Code:
    V FARE BASIS     BK    FARE   TRAVEL-TICKET AP  MINMAX  RTG
  1X  J1NFFMN5       J‡X   870.00        T07AU  -/‡  -/  - AT01
PASSENGER TYPE-ADT                 AUTO PRICE-YES              
FROM-CAI TO-MEX    CXR-AA    TVL-10OCT18  RULE-A201 IPRSAA2/27
FARE BASIS-J1NFFMN5          NORMAL FARE  DIS-N   VENDOR-ATP
FARE TYPE-BU      OW-BUSINESS CLASS UNRESTRICTED
EGP 15552.00   MPM  E17FEB17 D-INFINITY   FC-J1NFFMN5  FN-     
SYSTEM DATES - CREATED 16FEB17/1715  EXPIRES 07AUG18/1035

PUBLISHED RTG CAI-MEX/AA      EF-17FEB17 DIS-07AUG18

/VIA THE ATLANTIC/ MPM 9256
MILEAGE SYSTEM APPLIES BETWEEN ORIGIN AND DESTINATION
 MILEAGE SYSTEM APPLIES ORIGIN TO DESTINATION
Old Aug 7, 18, 1:46 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, SPG/Marriott Platinum
RIP

RIP, wish I got in.
Old Aug 7, 18, 2:02 pm

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by levistrauss View Post
RIP, wish I got in.
makes two of us I wonder if the attention was drown to it due to popularity or is it just coincidence that it got canned so quickly...
Old Aug 7, 18, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by wmaciej View Post

makes two of us I wonder if the attention was drown to it due to popularity or is it just coincidence that it got canned so quickly...
Definitely the attention that killed it. This fare had been around since Feb 2017.
Old Aug 7, 18, 2:43 pm

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by swingaling View Post
Definitely the attention that killed it. This fare had been around since Feb 2017.
damn, I was really late to the party...
any similar J fares anyone? I promise to not spill the beans
Old Aug 7, 18, 2:47 pm

there's still an AA fare from Pakistan (ISB, KHI, LHE) to LAX (or HNL at no extra cost) at around $2K and $2.5K in first. great lounge access (QR AS, BA CCR, MIA/JFK/LAX FFD) and lie-flats on every segment for a bit more. also fully flexible/changeable like the above fare

Example:
Old Aug 7, 18, 2:52 pm

I knew about the ex-Pakistan fare, but positioning is quite a hassle compared to Cairo. Also TWOV doesnít seem to be an option in ISB according to TIMATIC.
Old Aug 7, 18, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by wmaciej View Post
I knew about the ex-Pakistan fare, but positioning is quite a hassle compared to Cairo. Also TWOV doesnít seem to be an option in ISB according to TIMATIC.
are you looking for an ex-CAI?
Old Aug 7, 18, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by Gino Troian View Post
are you looking for an ex-CAI?
preferably, since I already have a positioning flight from the previous jolly

Search this Thread