Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] QR: DAC-IAH or EZE $160 roundtrip

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] QR: DAC-IAH or EZE $160 roundtrip

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2018, 5:02 am

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by beyounged
Yep, got the same thing, but it does not refer to which one of the two I booked. I am just gonna take up the offer and hopefully pick up the next sale. Thought they are gonna honor it like the Pho fare which is about the same time for the same basic fare problems, and much, much costlier... Wonder if they are gonna give me 200 for 2 tix or just 100.
Yeah, I placed 2 reservations as well. I was hoping they'd give me 100 per person for both reservations. Let me know what you find out.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 2:01 am

USD100 per person

Just got a reply from CS rep, only 100USD per person, regardless of number of ticket purchased.
Maybe should purchase with different email and CC next time.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 5:23 am

Originally Posted by ryanker25
Just got a reply from CS rep, only 100USD per person, regardless of number of ticket purchased.
Maybe should purchase with different email and CC next time.
That is absolute bull****, what if you bought a ticket for 8 pax? What if you use different email accounts but crediting to same person? This is just ways to bypass the enormous responsibility. If they want to cancel, they should offer a flat refund and standard offer for every ticket, not every purchaser.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 6:22 am

Programs: Skyteam
agree. Really don't know the reason why that the last time error fare in SGN on business class hadn't been cancelled but the DAC one are all cancelling now. I believe most of the buyers want a solution for the trip but not the 100 USD for begger
Old Jul 29, 2018, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by thadeusd3
My flight was canceled. Here's the email I just received from Qatar.

Dear Customer,

On behalf of Qatar Airways, we would like to apologize for the system error which has regrettably led us to cancel your flight reservation and ticket.

The systems error caused the prices of a number of our flights and services to be exhibited incorrectly during the booking process. In accordance with our Terms and Conditions and Conditions of Carriage we consider the system error and the incorrect pricing to be a mistake which renders any transaction entered into as a result of such mistake null and void. We have therefore refunded all amounts collected as a result of the incorrect pricing and have initiated an investigation to ensure that all necessary steps are taken to prevent similar situations from occurring in the future.

We are nevertheless aware that this has potentially caused some inconvenience to passengers and as a result would like to make a without prejudice offer of USD100/ per person in the form of a non-refundable travel voucher valid for further travel on Qatar Airways flights for one year.

This offer will remain open for 07 days following which it will be withdrawn. Should you wish to take up this offer please provide your acceptance by replying to this email.

Once again we would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Thank you for your kind attention.

Yours Sincerely,
{CSR Name}
Customer Care Officer
BTW, this e-mail (although I haven't received yet) mentioned Terms and Conditions and Conditions of Carriage. But I reviewed both of the documents, and found nothing related to the solution to error fares, system error or the right of refunding such kind of tickets with no reasons.

The links are: www.qatarairways[.]com/en/legal.html (ToC) and
www.qatarairways[.]com/content/dam/documents/legal/conditions-of-carriage.pdf (CoC)
Old Jul 29, 2018, 9:29 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, AirAsia BIG, LH Miles & More
Yup......same for me. Just went through 42 pages of their CoC and did not find anything with regards to resolving error fares.

I rejected their initial offer earlier and they just replied me (after 4 days!) that they were not willing to budge and could only offer the 100USD voucher.

Looks like neither am i going to be willing to budge for this one......let's see how will they respond to the CoC being quoted and whether they have any response to this development......
Old Aug 4, 2018, 3:15 am

Originally Posted by soypecador
agree. Really don't know the reason why that the last time error fare in SGN on business class hadn't been cancelled but the DAC one are all cancelling now. I believe most of the buyers want a solution for the trip but not the 100 USD for begger
I guess a change in company policy. QR seems to be on a cost cutting trip. I hope that is no indication for future error fares though...
Old Aug 4, 2018, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by globesetter
Yup......same for me. Just went through 42 pages of their CoC and did not find anything with regards to resolving error fares.

I rejected their initial offer earlier and they just replied me (after 4 days!) that they were not willing to budge and could only offer the 100USD voucher.

Looks like neither am i going to be willing to budge for this one......let's see how will they respond to the CoC being quoted and whether they have any response to this development......
I enquired QR which clause in the T&C allows QR to cancel the confirmed ticket, and they quoted the clause below:

Article 5.2 under the conditions of carriage which states that the when the amount that has been collected is not the applicable fare the difference shall be paid by the Passenger, or, as the case may be, refunded by us, in accordance with our regulations

Personally I don't think this is a relevant clause, as we booked the ticket through QR website, it should be an applicable fare. Anyone still trying to negotiate with them?
Old Aug 4, 2018, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by ctb213ctb213
I enquired QR which clause in the T&C allows QR to cancel the confirmed ticket, and they quoted the clause below:

Article 5.2 under the conditions of carriage which states that the when the amount that has been collected is not the applicable fare the difference shall be paid by the Passenger, or, as the case may be, refunded by us, in accordance with our regulations

Personally I don't think this is a relevant clause, as we booked the ticket through QR website, it should be an applicable fare. Anyone still trying to negotiate with them?
Anyway, the 'applicable fare' was just shown on QR's ticket system. If it is right, QR will be able to cancel any kind of promotion/hot tickets, even if the ticket is issued.
Reasonable refunding situation, in my opinion, should be like 'The price shown on your website is 1000usd, but I only paid 500usd to get the ticket issued'. To use this clause, QR is playing with fire.

BTW, any people had got tickets issued via 3rd party OTA like tripsta, expedia or etc?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.