Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

DL Maximize MQMs between LAX and ATL

Old Jul 15, 18, 11:30 am
Original Poster

Flying next week between LAX and ATL in first on Delta. Want to maximize my MQMs by doing a SDC.

ITAMATRIX pulls up tons of flights, but how can I tell if they are valid routings given my G fare ticket?
Old Jul 15, 18, 10:31 pm
LBJ
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM
ExpertFlyer has the routing rules. All the P/A/G F fares require non-stop routing (as do all coach fares) on this route. Pretty typical for DL fares on routes that have non-stop service to/from ATL except for routes where they only have a few daily non-stop flights. The connecting options shown on ExpertFlyer for DL are all broken fare options as can been seen in the fare rule listings. For example, one F fare on LAX-DFW or LAX-MCO and a separate F fare on DFW-ATL or MCO-ATL. Just because DL sells such fares together on a ticket does not mean it is a valid routing option for non-stop fares between ATL and LAX.

Last edited by LBJ; Jul 15, 18 at 10:40 pm
Old Jul 26, 18, 7:26 pm

Programs: DL DM 1MM
Buy a LAX-ATL, same day confirm on LAX-JFK-ATL
Old Jul 26, 18, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, TR 7*, SPG/MR Plat, UA 1K
Originally Posted by skchin View Post
Buy a LAX-ATL, same day confirm on LAX-JFK-ATL
By policy you can no longer SDC from F to D1, though you might still be able to find an agent to do it.
Old Aug 4, 18, 8:10 am
LBJ
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by Zorak View Post
By policy you can no longer SDC from F to D1, though you might still be able to find an agent to do it.
Aside from the policy change, there is also the routing rules which require non-stop routing on ATL-LAX fares (both coach and F) as I mentioned above. The chance of an agent waiving both of those is very, very low.

Search this Thread