Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Skyteam: DTW - CPT RT AI $2297 Expedia Package

[PREM FARE GONE] Skyteam: DTW - CPT RT AI $2297 Expedia Package

Old Jul 24, 2019, 8:46 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
I was playing around with MSP-DEL or MSP-BOM for around Xmas/NYE and didn't find anything. Can anyone let me know if this deal is still going? We are flexible but mostly just around the holidays-- so, maybe it's just that my dates are just not available.... Thanks
Old Jul 24, 2019, 9:39 pm

Programs: Delta DM
I need to be in CPT late October/early Nov (flexible dates) but can't find much better than $3500 (still a pretty good deal, but don't want to shell out that much). Has anyone had luck around those dates?
Old Jul 24, 2019, 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by danielvdm
I need to be in CPT late October/early Nov (flexible dates) but can't find much better than $3500 (still a pretty good deal, but don't want to shell out that much). Has anyone had luck around those dates?
There is another thread for flights JNB from Miami with AA/LATAM combination via SCL or GRU under $2400 on certain dates
Easily searchable on Google flights and good mileage on Alaska mileage plan
Old Jul 24, 2019, 11:14 pm

Originally Posted by kyushuman
I was playing around with MSP-DEL or MSP-BOM for around Xmas/NYE and didn't find anything. Can anyone let me know if this deal is still going? We are flexible but mostly just around the holidays-- so, maybe it's just that my dates are just not available.... Thanks
would be very hard to get cheaper flights out of MSP since delta rules the route
If you can manage to get to YYZ or NYC you will be able to find cheaper
below is the sample itinerary for skyteam
https://www.google.com/flights/#flt=/m/02_286.BOM.2019-12-24*BOM./m/02_286.2020-01-07;c:USD;e:1;sc:b;sd:1;t:f;tt:m
Old Jul 25, 2019, 6:17 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by danielvdm
I have no idea as to the costs of positioning flights from MSP to YUL cost, but you can go between YUL and either JNB or CPT for $2600 to $2900 (USD) on QR. My son did it about 3 weeks ago and got QSuites between YUL and DOH and on one of the flights between DOH and JNB. Just to a lowest fare search on Matrix between YUL and either JNB or CPT (connecting at DOH) and they pop up pretty easily.

The flights in your time frame (late October/early November) are a little higher but I saw a few flights in early November for $2615 (USD). But you would have to look at the details to see it these work for you or not.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 7:22 am

Programs: Delta DM
Originally Posted by cheltzel
I have no idea as to the costs of positioning flights from MSP to YUL cost, but you can go between YUL and either JNB or CPT for $2600 to $2900 (USD) on QR. My son did it about 3 weeks ago and got QSuites between YUL and DOH and on one of the flights between DOH and JNB. Just to a lowest fare search on Matrix between YUL and either JNB or CPT (connecting at DOH) and they pop up pretty easily.

The flights in your time frame (late October/early November) are a little higher but I saw a few flights in early November for $2615 (USD). But you would have to look at the details to see it these work for you or not.
Thanks. Will look into these. Going to be pretty close to Delta DM this year so would prefer a Skyteam itinerary if possible, but this seems like a good fallback option.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 9:02 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Check out YYZ and YUL as others have suggested. Good fares are available on several carriers from both airports.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 9:14 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Originally Posted by Mehul Shah
would be very hard to get cheaper flights out of MSP since delta rules the route
If you can manage to get to YYZ or NYC you will be able to find cheaper
below is the sample itinerary for skyteam
https://www.google.com/flights/#flt=...;sd:1;t:f;tt:m
Yes I agree that MSP would be tough, but earlier in the year it WAS actually US$2100 RT incl one night hotel for MSP-BOM.
I wonder if the demise of Jet Airways connections makes this less likely to be offered?
Old Jul 27, 2019, 4:49 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion& 2 Million Miler; Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Originally Posted by kyushuman
Yes I agree that MSP would be tough, but earlier in the year it WAS actually US$2100 RT incl one night hotel for MSP-BOM.
I wonder if the demise of Jet Airways connections makes this less likely to be offered?
Yep, i got ATL-BOM for $2080 this August-- bought back in February. On Sky Team equipment. Now....with Jet going bankrupt (and my last leg being Jet) it threw my ticket in a tailspin as AF and KLM NEITHER wanted to reroute me and basically pay for Jet's mess. I finally got AF and Expedia (after 11.5 hours on the phone with Expedia Manila and Expedia Bangalore) to give me a lift from CDG to BOM to replace the old itinerary of CDG to DEL to BOM (Jet on last leg). Basically AF wanted me to fly that CDG to BOM leg in Prem Economy. EEK!

Over 25,000 MQMs!

ATL
Old Aug 7, 2019, 2:02 pm

Just want to add I flew these tickets finally (PHL-NBO). Due to being a bulk fare I was able to qualify for Delta Silver with just one RT flight. Cost was around $900 for the ticket. MQD came out to ~$5K since it was calculated from MQM (1/5 of MQM earned).

FWIW, I had major issues the whole way with Expedia/Delta. I'm not sure what triggered it but I think it was due to flight changes from booking so early. I had to reissue my ticket within 24 hours due to not being able to check in, and Expedia could not get it done despite 20 (yes 20!) hours on/off the phone with them. I stayed up all night. I was literally half way to the airport when I called Delta again out of desperation. They made an exception for me (after getting through a few managers). The fact it was a bulk fare made them not want to touch it, but they ultimately did.

So once Delta took the ticket over it was mostly okay. Except in CDG outbound to NBO I had to have the boarding passes printed by the gate agent which ended up being a huge hassle (cue more nervous waiting for 45 minutes during the process). Then on the return check in at NBO, the desk agent was useless and insisted I didn't have a ticket (!). Took over 1 hour to check in, they were manually writing ticket numbers for some reason and never told me what the issue was.

All in all a great sale, but the stress I endured from this almost made it not worth it. Three times I was freaking out thinking I'd be stranded. Oddly, my brother on a similar route but from SJC (for slightly more $) had zero issues.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 6:40 am

Programs: AF/KL Gold, DL Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold Elite; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by alexj7
Just want to add I flew these tickets finally (PHL-NBO). Due to being a bulk fare I was able to qualify for Delta Silver with just one RT flight. Cost was around $900 for the ticket. MQD came out to ~$5K since it was calculated from MQM (1/5 of MQM earned).

FWIW, I had major issues the whole way with Expedia/Delta. I'm not sure what triggered it but I think it was due to flight changes from booking so early. I had to reissue my ticket within 24 hours due to not being able to check in, and Expedia could not get it done despite 20 (yes 20!) hours on/off the phone with them. I stayed up all night. I was literally half way to the airport when I called Delta again out of desperation. They made an exception for me (after getting through a few managers). The fact it was a bulk fare made them not want to touch it, but they ultimately did.

So once Delta took the ticket over it was mostly okay. Except in CDG outbound to NBO I had to have the boarding passes printed by the gate agent which ended up being a huge hassle (cue more nervous waiting for 45 minutes during the process). Then on the return check in at NBO, the desk agent was useless and insisted I didn't have a ticket (!). Took over 1 hour to check in, they were manually writing ticket numbers for some reason and never told me what the issue was.

All in all a great sale, but the stress I endured from this almost made it not worth it. Three times I was freaking out thinking I'd be stranded. Oddly, my brother on a similar route but from SJC (for slightly more $) had zero issues.
That is very odd indeed. I’m not sure I would necessarily blame it being in Expedia ticket for all the issues. Travel agency tickets are no less secure than an airline issued a ticket. There are thousands of them every day. Sounds like to me something just got really messed up in their system which might have happened to anyone. I wouldn’t fear buying an Expedia ticket. It does have its downsides such is the issue that you spoke of but even then we issues I have never had that kind of issue with Travelocity or Expedia.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 1:32 am

I'm not sure why this got moved to Premium Fare Gone as this still seems to be available ex-LAS to NBO (one of the destinations mentioned throughout the thread). Is it just because CPT is no longer a valid destination? $2,236 for one-night throwaway stay and routing of LAS-LAX-CDG-NBO / NBO-AMS-MSP-LAS next March, for example. The cheapest available option on Google Flights for a similar date pair is $3,400.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by nickohrn
I'm not sure why this got moved to Premium Fare Gone as this still seems to be available ex-LAS to NBO (one of the destinations mentioned throughout the thread). Is it just because CPT is no longer a valid destination? $2,236 for one-night throwaway stay and routing of LAS-LAX-CDG-NBO / NBO-AMS-MSP-LAS next March, for example. The cheapest available option on Google Flights for a similar date pair is $3,400.
Thanks for posting this! Actually looked for FAR in advance on MSP-BOM. Found, amazingly, a huge list of available Star Alliance flights in business class using Air Canada, Lufthansa, Swiss, or United, or a combination.
MSP-YYZ-FRA- (or MUC/ZRH)-BOM
MSP-ORD-ZRH-BOM (nearly all Swiss metal)
MSP-EWR-BOM (using the UA nonstop on EWR-BOM )
MSP-IAD-FRA/MUC-BOM (mostly LH )
Etc
All of these were in the US$2450 range incl a throwaway hotel night.
Unlike last year, these dates aren't showing any SkyTeam flights, but now have similar pricing with Star Alliance flights.
I imagine the Jet Airways demise is why some of these fares are gone on Skyteam, since they suddenly had to start up their own flights (DL will start JFK-BOM in December, and KLM has gone daily on AMS-BOM when it wasn't before).

Now also found MSP-AMS-NBO on DL/KLM for late March into April for US$2100 incl a throwaway hotel night.
nickohrn likes this.

Last edited by kyushuman; Aug 12, 2019 at 7:52 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.