Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] LATAM: Italy-SCL € 1.530

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2018, 7:19 am
Original Poster

Books into Z on the transatlantic segment: https://www.wheretocredit.com/latam-airlines/z
...and J on the European segment: https://www.wheretocredit.com/latam-airlines/j

8800 MPM, 7 day min, 1 free stop, book by July 4

https://www.expedia.it/Flights-Searc...ss&mode=search
raporot likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 8:17 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Originally Posted by IAkH
Books into Z on the transatlantic segment: https://www.wheretocredit.com/latam-airlines/z
...and J on the European segment: https://www.wheretocredit.com/latam-airlines/j

8800 MPM, 7 day min, 1 free stop, book by July 4

https://www.expedia.it/Flights-Searc...ss&mode=search

Good fare, Very good price, The routing can also be routed via LHR and GRU to increase Tier Points for those crediting to BA however a caveat is that there is a bit of ambiguity over whether Z earns anything on Latam with BA as the table on the BA website is no longer showing it as earning, although probably an error on BA site worth noting
Old Jun 26, 2018, 10:25 am

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Originally Posted by cgtechuk
Good fare, Very good price, The routing can also be routed via LHR and GRU to increase Tier Points for those crediting to BA however a caveat is that there is a bit of ambiguity over whether Z earns anything on Latam with BA as the table on the BA website is no longer showing it as earning, although probably an error on BA site worth noting
Can you give me an example of routing via LHR? This fare is good starting December, November fares 1755 euros. Trying to maximize Nov 1-3 departure, return Nov 15 late or Nov 16. When I insert connection point it errors and BA shows fare considerably higher. Rules requires transatlantic via LA.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 10:51 am

Has anyone tried to combine this fare with this one? I'm trying to effectively do a round trip Europe-South America-Europe in Dec and Europe-Korea-Europe in April. I've been looking in economy, but obviously not opposed to J at the right price. The linked fare gives a great deal for South America-Europe-Korea, and there are some OK prices for Korea-Europe. Europe-South America on my dates is horrendous though (which is why I'm not just booking straight up round trips). Which is why I'm interested in this fare.

The problem I'm having is that the only version of the fare I can find is a round trip fare. On ITA the fare rules say "fares may be combined on a half round trip basis" but under general notes it says "between AREA 1 and AREA 2 FOR ROUND TRIP FARES".

Has anyone been able to make this work one way? Any tips for figuring out if there are equivalent one ways available?
Old Jun 26, 2018, 11:02 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Originally Posted by zebranz
Can you give me an example of routing via LHR? This fare is good starting December, November fares 1755 euros. Trying to maximize Nov 1-3 departure, return Nov 15 late or Nov 16. When I insert connection point it errors and BA shows fare considerably higher. Rules requires transatlantic via LA.

Looks like they have pulled the BA option as I cant get it to price any more either,

Its £1500 in November and £1350 in December
Old Jun 26, 2018, 11:35 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by itchyfeet123
Has anyone tried to combine this fare with this one? I'm trying to effectively do a round trip Europe-South America-Europe in Dec and Europe-Korea-Europe in April. I've been looking in economy, but obviously not opposed to J at the right price. The linked fare gives a great deal for South America-Europe-Korea, and there are some OK prices for Korea-Europe. Europe-South America on my dates is horrendous though (which is why I'm not just booking straight up round trips). Which is why I'm interested in this fare.

The problem I'm having is that the only version of the fare I can find is a round trip fare. On ITA the fare rules say "fares may be combined on a half round trip basis" but under general notes it says "between AREA 1 and AREA 2 FOR ROUND TRIP FARES".

Has anyone been able to make this work one way? Any tips for figuring out if there are equivalent one ways available?
Why would you do that, if for ±same price, you can have extra OW ticket in J to Asia with the other fare? I am curious there is something I dont see.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by honzeek_cz
Why would you do that, if for ±same price, you can have extra OW ticket in J to Asia with the other fare? I am curious there is something I dont see.
Maybe I'm the one not seeing something? The other fare is Asia<--> South America, allowing for stops in Europe. So for someone like me starting in Europe, taking advantage of it requires positioning.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 1:11 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
Maybe I'm the one not seeing something? The other fare is Asia<--> South America, allowing for stops in Europe. So for someone like me starting in Europe, taking advantage of it requires positioning.
Oh I See. I had primarly AKL-PPT-SCL in mind, sorry.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 1:23 pm
Original Poster

Has anyone tried to combine this fare with this one?
This doesn't answer your question, but the business class version is also still around and might be combinable:
LA/KE/NH/SQ/etc: SCL-MAD-ICN/OKA-SYD-SCL in Biz $3000 USD
Old Jun 27, 2018, 3:59 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Flying Blue (KLM) Platinum, Oneworld (BA) Sapphire, *A (Aegean) Gold, IHG Spire RA,
Im trying to price this with a 4 day stop in gru And then 3 days in scl. Anyone can tell me if that can work at all?
Old Jun 27, 2018, 6:12 am

Originally Posted by christravelblog
Im trying to price this with a 4 day stop in gru And then 3 days in scl. Anyone can tell me if that can work at all?
I could not get it to work on ITA or LA web site BUT can on GF with stops (section 8 of fare rules allows stops). Not sure if just my dates chosen or why.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 2:58 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Flying Blue (KLM) Platinum, Oneworld (BA) Sapphire, *A (Aegean) Gold, IHG Spire RA,
Originally Posted by zebranz
I could not get it to work on ITA or LA web site BUT can on GF with stops (section 8 of fare rules allows stops). Not sure if just my dates chosen or why.
I get really weird routings….. FCO-MUC-FRA-GRU then GRU-SCL then SCL-MAD-FCO
how do they get those 2 Lufthansa flights in there? FCO-MUC / MUC-FRA
Old Jun 29, 2018, 3:38 am

My guess is that Latam have a codeshare with LH but as no other Oneworld partner does those routings, No poitns to be had on those flights though (At least on BA)
Old Jun 29, 2018, 7:26 am

Can't book the LH with LA but can using OTA's. A few Euros more than the direct flight on my dates but provides some credit to *A as well as OW. Best part is allows positioning to FCO without the need for a hotel since FRA-GRU flights leaves at night.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 9:04 am

Exclamation

where did you found flights with many stopovers?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.