Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] MIA-GRU under $400 Biz class B787

[PREM FARE GONE] MIA-GRU under $400 Biz class B787

Old Jun 13, 2018, 10:31 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by AOH
Yeah I was really excited about that when booking, but soon learned that MEX-GRU is 787-8, with 2-2-2 configuration. What can you say at $400??
At that price, I expect my personal butler to put away my diamonds, and an onboard chef to prep my caviar and fixings. 😂
Old Jun 13, 2018, 10:38 am

Location: Washington D.C. via Sao Paulo via Houston via Washington D.C. via Boston via New York
Originally Posted by bstv69
Does anyone have any recommendations for Sao Paulo on what to do and where to stay, seems a bit scant, might fly over to Rio for a day or two as well
Message me. Don't go to Rio.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 11:15 am

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
I couldn't find dates that worked for me, but didn't really look very hard. For those who got in on this, don't forget to apply for a visa!
Old Jun 13, 2018, 11:47 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott LTTE, HHonors Gold, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by DavidDTW
I couldn't find dates that worked for me, but didn't really look very hard. For those who got in on this, don't forget to apply for a visa!
Which are now available as e-Visas for US, Canadian, Australian and Japanese citizens:
Old Jun 13, 2018, 11:55 am
AOH

Originally Posted by nutty92
Which are now available as e-Visas for US, Canadian, Australian and Japanese citizens:
I applied back in 2015 when we needed to do the in-person interview and all... wasn't pleasant, but the visa is valid for ten years from when it was issued at least.
This makes it much easier
Old Jun 13, 2018, 12:50 pm

I was able to book yesterday....Even got rates for Carnaval 2019. This deal is incredible. Lets hope it sticks....
Old Jun 13, 2018, 5:50 pm

Programs: DL PM, QR Silver, AC 50K, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
For those of you who managed to snag this fare—my hours last night were futile—consider visiting D.O.M. It's well worth the money, which might be more than the fare you paid.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 10:25 pm

Programs: UA, Latam, Delta, AA
No cancelations as of yet?
Old Jun 13, 2018, 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by pertristis
For those of you who managed to snag this faremy hours last night were futileconsider visiting D.O.M. It's well worth the money, which might be more than the fare you paid.
Agreed! I went to D.O.M a few years ago & it was fantastic; I'll likely be back there if these fares stick.
We had a very late seating at D.O.M., and the only English-fluent waitstaff left halfway through our meal. It wasn't much of an issue, though it was amusing when one dish was brought to the table & the waiter simply described it as "food!"
Old Jun 14, 2018, 9:56 am

Programs: AS MVP 75K, DL PM
If the fare sticks I plan on tacking on the short flight to Iguazu Falls.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by tennislover9
If the fare sticks I plan on tacking on the short flight to Iguazu Falls.
i don't want to jinx it but...everything good so far. Anyone have experience with mistake fares? I would of thought there would be some noise by now
Old Jun 14, 2018, 10:49 am

There was a case once when a mistake fare was cancelled after 2 months of waiting, so...

But given the exposure this mistake got (none of the big bloggers mentioned it and none but SF), it has a chance.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 10:56 am

Programs: UA 1K, MR Titanium, IHG Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by miami355

i don't want to jinx it but...everything good so far. Anyone have experience with mistake fares? I would of thought there would be some noise by now
Rule #1 is DON'T CALL THE AIRLINE.
LukeUSDreamer and AOH like this.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 11:37 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by miami355

Originally Posted by abcpp
There was a case once when a mistake fare was cancelled after 2 months of waiting, so...

But given the exposure this mistake got (none of the big bloggers mentioned it and none but SF), it has a chance.
Originally Posted by Santander
Rule #1 is DON'T CALL THE AIRLINE.
And rule number two is don't use the e or m words.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 5:52 pm

Programs: *A S, AS MVP, ST E+, HH P, IHG Plat, Bonvoy G,
Originally Posted by danger
And rule number two is don't use the e or m words.
I did book a promo fare with Aeromexico I booked last year going from MCO to SDQ last year in FC for around $100, and Aeromexico did honor that fare. I did not wind up flying and cancelling the booking since it involved a red eye to MCO to MEX in a FC single aisle 737, but my experience dealing with their CS was pretty positive. In contrast, I still haven't seen refunds from recent AF fiasco albeit it was booked via third party. As such, I am a little more confident than usual in regards to airline honoring the fare but we shall see.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.