Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[Premium Fare Gone}: KE: NYC-DPS $1870 rt Business

[Premium Fare Gone}: KE: NYC-DPS $1870 rt Business

Old Jun 1, 2018, 7:40 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond/ Hyatt top tier(lifetime)
Was able to snag KE metal on 1/09 - 1/24 round trip.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 7:44 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM
Is KE metal better than DL? I have the a350 outbound and then KE 777 on way back.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 8:29 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond/ Hyatt top tier(lifetime)
I think the a350 is better than the 77W KE runs, but earnings may be better on the KE metal (for AS). Need to do more research.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 8:40 pm

Programs: WP
Originally Posted by UVAhoo06
Is KE metal better than DL? I have the a350 outbound and then KE 777 on way back.
The KE B777 to ATL is still the old Prestige seats in 2-3-2 configuration, not the new Kosmos Suite which is 2-2-2
Old Jun 1, 2018, 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by footastic
I think the a350 is better than the 77W KE runs, but earnings may be better on the KE metal (for AS). Need to do more research.
DL operated flights earn nothing on AS.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 9:18 pm

Be careful, any DL numbers on BP may cause AS to credit 0 miles. Also, due to recent shaky relationship, do not book this for AS runs solely, as it is likely that AS and KE may cut ties before the end of the year, like AF, KL, AM...
Old Jun 1, 2018, 11:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by island82
The KE B777 to ATL is still the old Prestige seats in 2-3-2 configuration, not the new Kosmos Suite which is 2-2-2
The Kosmo Suite is an F product. You must be referring to Prestige Suite (vs. Prestige Sleeper on the old configuration).
Old Jun 2, 2018, 3:04 am

Fare seems to be gone.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 3:40 am

Still available on Hotwire. Read through the posts for the certain conditions that apply.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 6:25 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Executive Platinum
I bought two tickets for about $2150 each from DCA in February, on a mix of DL, KE, and GA. I guess I should credit to Delta? Seems like a good deal, even if it’s a bit higher than the OP’s price.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 7:36 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by UVAhoo06
I'm wondering what this will mean in terms of class paid/flown. I looked at my Hotwire receipt and saw that my fare basis is E but I'm in C. I'm trying to fulfill MQDs for DL DM, and I'm just worried that it'll credit at E instead of C (20% vs. 40%) when it comes to MQDs...
I'm seeing C for everything but the NYC>ATL, ATL>NYC portion. If that doesn't get the 40%, i doubt I'll be too upset, given the long haul MQD/MQM earning.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 8:01 am

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion& 2 Million Miler; Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Originally Posted by wilsonnyc
I'm seeing C for everything but the NYC>ATL, ATL>NYC portion. If that doesn't get the 40%, i doubt I'll be too upset, given the long haul MQD/MQM earning.
I called Delta's diamond line about this, as i was also looking at the C biz class fare with the E legs from LGA to ATL and back. I wanted to know if Delta would credit leg by leg or take the lowest fare code of the entire flight and credit p oints that way. They said it was by leg, so that's good.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 8:18 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by ATLConsultant
I called Delta's diamond line about this, as i was also looking at the C biz class fare with the E legs from LGA to ATL and back. I wanted to know if Delta would credit leg by leg or take the lowest fare code of the entire flight and credit p oints that way. They said it was by leg, so that's good.
Yeah, that is sort of what i figured based on past experiences with business class legs on other Skyteeam partners.

Now to figure out if there's a way to convert some CSR > Skypass points > upgrade from C to F

(figuring a long shot if i'm crediting to DL but who knows)
Old Jun 2, 2018, 8:23 am

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion& 2 Million Miler; Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Delta says on their website that they won't give MQMs or mileage credit from anything booked from hotwire or priceline. And i can't find this fare anywhere else. EEK!

Here is the excerpt i pulled from their website:
  • Bookings made through some Internet sites as described at those sites, including without limitation tickets purchased through priceline.com and Hotwire.com.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ATLConsultant
Delta says on their website that they won't give MQMs or mileage credit from anything booked from hotwire or priceline....
I believe that restriction is for opaque fares only. This fare is a published fare.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.